Theory Maschenny Wants Baam to Fight Traumerei

Does Maschenny Want Baam to Fight Traumerei?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
At the beginning of the Nest, Maschenny wondered to herself what Baam was capable of:

An alternate translation from Adios:
Adios said:
I wonder what the Irregular can even do here.
So one of her chief motivations when coming to the Nest was to see what Baam was truly capable of.

She then goes on to express the desire for Baam to become a vast wave of anger like the Tower has never seen before:

An alternate translation from Adios:
Adios said:
Come as a raging wave hitherto unseen.
So whatever Maschenny hopes for Baam to accomplish, it's something that's completely unprecedented. Something unimaginable. Something that would rewrite the very history of the Tower. On a completely different scale from a Regular besting a Ranker, something that has never once happened in all recorded history of the Tower.

She mentions that the scale of the story became much bigger than she expected and that people not even she can handle (the Family Leaders) became involved, so she kidnapped Jinsung and brought him to the Nest. Because he was like a breakwater for Baam and an important member of the Ha Family:

Later on, she declares Traumerei to be the "real enemy" of the story:

(Baam is of course, naturally the hero of said story).

It's important to note that Maschenny used Jinsung specifically in response to the involvement of the Family Leaders. That is, she sought to use Jinsung to manipulate Baam because a Family Leader had gotten involved.

Traumerei being the real enemy that Maschenny spoke of heavily suggests that she wants Baam to face Traumerei (why else would she seek to move him when Traumerei became involved?).

Furthermore, after Baam defeats White, she wonders to herself if Baam would truly be capable of satisfying her expectations:

In response, Jinsung warns Baam about Traumerei:

This IMO is strong confirmation that what Maschenny wants of Baam involves a confrontation with Traumerei.

Yet, it doesn't end there. Maschenny sends Baam and his friends into the Suspendium to get whatever is stored inside there:

Baam then hears a voice within the Suspendium:

The Voice tells Baam that he is "qualified" that he can "accept" it, and that it will lend him its power to take revenge on Lo Po Bia.

AA later says that there is a very high likelihood that the voice Baam heard is connected to what Maschenny wanted. Furthermore, even though Maschenny said that she didn't know what was stored inside the Suspendium, it looked to him like she was certain about it:

And subsequently foreshadows that the Voice might be a countermeasure to the Lo Po Bia Family Leader:

So this suggests a few things:
  1. Maschenny knows what's stored inside the Suspendium.
  2. What Maschenny wanted Baam to get was the Voice.
  3. The Voice is a countermeasure to Traumerei.

We later learn a bit more information about the Voice:
  • It wants revenge on Lo Po Bia Traumerei.
  • It offers to give Baam its power.
  • It can only be wielded by Irregulars.
    • It says that Baam is "qualified" to "accept" its power.
    • Only Irregulars could hear its voice.
  • It's something that is extremely dangerous.
  • It wants to see if Baam can defeat Traumerei.
    • Literally "drag Traumerei down into the Abyss".

So we're in a situation where:
  1. Maschenny knows what the Voice is and that it can only be wielded by Irregulars.
    • I.e. Maschenny cannot wield it herself.
  2. Maschenny sent Baam to get the Voice.

It seems as if rather than trying to retrieve an item from the Suspendium, she was trying to deliver the Voice to Baam. Considering the Voice's own grudge against Traumerei, it further reinforces the notion that she was trying to boost Baam in preparation for his impending confrontation with Traumerei.

Of course, the question of what exactly she expects of him in that confrontation has not yet been determined, but it does seem appear like she intends for them to fight.

Last edited:
You know I’ve actually been thinking about this for a while

Due to the way ToG works Baam will get a couple new power ups an arc, right?

If Baam is able to fight and defeat/injure Traumerei at this point what is there left for the story?

Baam beat White who’s at least as strong as a Corps Commander and might beat Traumerei 50 ish floors into the climb... where does he go from there?

:zorothink:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
If Baam is able to fight and defeat/injure Traumerei at this point what is there left for the story?

Baam beat White who’s at least as strong as a Corps Commander and might beat Traumerei 50 ish floors into the climb... where does he go from there?
  • I don't think Baam will defeat Traumerei.
  • There are several tiers between the Corps Commanders and the Family Leaders.
    • Top 5 of a Great Family
    • The Regents of the Family Leader
    • The Strongest Princesses
    • Top 20 Regulars
    • Heretical Princesses (Adori and Enne)
  • There are probably tiers even among the Irregulars themselves.

Worst

Custom title
β€Ž
She definetly wants , she probably knows that whatever is inside the suspendium only an irregular can get it ( she also said everyone wants a " special card called irregular " cuz they're the only ones who can actually do sh** against the FHs ) not sure she's planning to have him fight traum now but she is certainly planning something for the future

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
She definetly wants , she probably knows that whatever is inside the suspendium only an irregular can get it ( she also said everyone wants a " special card called irregular " cuz they're the only ones who can actually do sh** against the FHs ) not sure she's planning to have him fight traum now but she is certainly planning something for the future
She called Traumerei the real enemy of the Nest, so I think that it will be now.

Worst

Custom title
β€Ž
She called Traumerei the real enemy of the Nest, so I think that it will be now.
but she also said their only position rn is to decide by which one they want to be used, if baam was in a position to actually do sh** against a FH she wouldn't have saaid that, i mean Baam will fight traum regardless but i don't think that's what she wants

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
but she also said their only position rn is to decide by which one they want to be used, if baam was in a position to actually do sh** against a FH she wouldn't have saaid that, i mean Baam will fight traum regardless but i don't think that's what she wants
  1. She said that to manipulate Baam.
  2. She then delivered a massive power up to Baam in the form of the Voice.

Worst

Custom title
β€Ž
  1. She said that to manipulate Baam.
  2. She then delivered a massive power up to Baam in the form of the Voice.
But why should she give Baam a power that would allow him to not be controlled by her anymore ? I think she planned to acquire that power for herself but doesn't know how baam " i absorb everything i want " powers work so that will lead baam into surprising her by fighting traumerai , but it could be interesting if that is in fact her plan as well

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
But why should she give Baam a power that would allow him to not be controlled by her anymore ? I think she planned to acquire that power for herself but doesn't know how baam " i absorb everything i want " powers work so that will lead baam into surprising her by fighting traumerai , but it could be interesting if that is in fact her plan as well
Maschenny doesn't need to be stronger than Baam to control him. She has a multitude of levers with which to move him:
  • Yihwa
    • She was kidnapped by Yool's Captain.
    • Said Captain may be working with or for Maschenny.
  • Endorsi and Anaak
    • Via the Lo Po Bia Princesses
  • AA
    • Via Maria
    • Via blackmail, threatening him, extorting him or bribery
  • Yuri
    • She would have intel on her current treatment/predicament and may be able to assist with her release/rescue.
    • She made a bet with Yuri for the Green April and may even have already acquired it.
  • Revenge
    • Should Jinsung die, the person that ultimately masterminded all of it was Maschenny and Baam knows this.
    • Baam may chase after her of his own volition.

Worst

Custom title
β€Ž
Maschenny doesn't need to be stronger than Baam to control him. She has a multitude of levers with which to move him:
  • Yihwa
    • She was kidnapped by Yool's Captain.
    • Said Captain may be working with or for Maschenny.
  • Endorsi and Anaak
    • Via the Lo Po Bia Princesses
  • AA
    • Via Maria
    • Via blackmail, threatening him, extorting him or bribery
  • Yuri
    • She would have intel on her current treatment/predicament and may be able to assist with her release/rescue.
    • She made a bet with Yuri for the Green April and may even have already acquired it.
  • Revenge
    • Should Jinsung die, the person that ultimately masterminded all of it was Maschenny and Baam knows this.
    • Baam may chase after her of his own volition.
Nah cmon man if Baam becomes FH level there is nothing Maschenny can do to control him, it would be suicide....

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Nah cmon man if Baam becomes FH level there is nothing Maschenny can do to control him, it would be suicide....
No?

You don't have to be stronger than someone in order to manipulate or control them.

I mean Maschenny hasn't actually fought against Baam, and yet she's been manipulating and using him.

Even Kallavan was made an unwitting pawn in Maschenny's schemes.

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
β€Ž
Hey Cin, finally had time to read your threads.

I agree with you. Imo SIU's going to take the classical route where Baam will be able to hurt Traumerei and force him to show a true FH's power(and probably get stomped after it, not sure). Depends on how big the gap between them is planned to be.

Only way for anyone to defeat a FH you need to have Baam in trigger position, though Maschenny is holding the aim with Baam being the gun.

I think Maschenny maybe planning with Gustang tbh, like you stated there is friction between the FH @Cinera in your other thread. To at least have one down for change/chaos to follow.

No?

You don't have to be stronger than someone in order to manipulate or control them.

I mean Maschenny hasn't actually fought against Baam, and yet she's been manipulating and using him.

Even Kallavan was made an unwitting pawn in Maschenny's schemes.
Maschenny == Pariston hill :myman: