General & Others 5 Non-Strawhat Flashbacks, Which ones the best?

Best Flashback here?

• Total voters
G

Gorosei Informer

Senior Pink's Flashback is the type of Flashback that Oda should do more of because it's short, simple, emotional and turns a random character into a memorable one.
Different series ofc but Record of Ragnarok does this a LOT and does it well usually too, which hits so well like Pinks flashback too.

None of those have any particular impact on the story going forward though. They’re just explanations about things in the past that we already knew or figured out.
Explanation/revelations are always important things in flashback. Similar to God Valley, we already know the result of what happened but how it actually happened is important.

Explanation/revelations are always important things in flashback. Similar to God Valley, we already know the result of what happened but how it actually happened is important.
Sure, but again we already knew some of what you mentioned even before that. It’s not much different from the other flashbacks which do the same thing in much shorter time too.
And that’s still different from impact on the story as well.

Really? You knew those things prior to flashback? Okay.
Yes, we knew Roger could talk to sea kings from Fishmen Island, hence VOAT. We knew Oden sailing with him was one of the reasons he become PK. And finally, most figured out something held back Buggy & Shanks from going. Flashback just revealed it was a mundane illness…so not much impact on anything to begin with

Yes, we knew Roger could talk to sea kings from Fishmen Island, hence VOAT. We knew Oden sailing with him was one of the reasons he become PK. And finally, most figured out something held back Buggy & Shanks from going. Flashback just revealed it was a mundane illness…so not much impact on anything to begin with
I would disagree but I don't have time for this nonsense. There are more on the flashback too. You just need to look for it.

I would disagree but I don't have time for this nonsense. There are more on the flashback too. You just need to look for it.
Sure you’re disagreeing….but the fact that you can’t produce reasons why already speaks volumes.
There was simply nothing out of the ordinary in that flashback with a great impact on the story…especially taking its length into account.

Sure you’re disagreeing….but the fact that you can’t produce reasons why already speaks volumes.
There was simply nothing out of the ordinary in that flashback with a great impact on the story…especially taking its length into account.
Nah, its just that no matter what I will tell you, you wouldn't agree so its a waste of time. Also, you have a habit of implying things that I have never said. Like I never implied that mods need PhD. I'm thinking about not replying to you at all at anything and just emotes.

Nah, its just that no matter what I will tell you, you wouldn't agree so its a waste of time. Also, you have a habit of implying things that I have never said. Like I never implied that mods need PhD. I'm thinking about not replying to you at all at anything and just emotes.
You were the one who was trying to disregard the mods’ statement by saying “it’s not like they have PhD’s.”
That obviously implies that you’d only consider them more if they did. Do you not understand how language works? How can you blame me for that?
:luffywat:

Either way, that’s irrelevant for this thread. If you have a good reason then it doesn’t matter if I agree or not. It should speak for itself. Not being able to come up with anything at all is a different matter.

You were the one who was trying to disregard the mods’ statement by saying “it’s not like they have PhD’s.”
That obviously implies that you’d only consider them more if they did. Do you not understand how language works? How can you blame me for that?
:luffywat:

Either way, that’s irrelevant for this thread. If you have a good reason then it doesn’t matter if I agree or not. It should speak for itself. Not being able to come up with anything at all is a different matter.
:goatasure:

Law’s FB felt the most personal so it’s easily him imo
Noland was good but it felt like reading a fairy tale or something. I had to look it up to refresh my memory
Senor Pink was short and effective, incredible way to make a character memorable
Tiger’s FB was also good, Oden’s FB is alright. People are too critical of it, but it’s understandable since he was forced into a lot of the legends’ story. Like why did Oden have to be that important kind of shit, I can see why people would hate him. I think he wouldn’t get that much backlash if his story didn’t involve Roger/WB.