Rules A Deconstruction of Maschenny's "Battle" With Jinsung

(Poll questions are in Part Two of the OP)

• Total voters

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Introduction
It appears to me that there are deep (and entrenched) fundamental misunderstandings about Maschenny's encounter with Jinsung on the 91st Floor, and the ensuing battle from that encounter. I was initially content to let these misunderstandings slide hoping that SIU would clarify the matter in future chapters, but the hiatus has allowed them to fester for over nine months since I joined the fandom, and I'm not really enthused about dealing with the prospect of them for another four. As such, this is my best attempt to analyse their "fight" in detail and provide the appropriate context behind that battle.

This post is going to be pretty long (around 5,150 words), so brace yourself. You might actually want to read this over a few sittings. The general structure of the post will be as follows:
  1. Maschenny's motivations leading up to her meeting with Jinsung
  2. Maschenny's true purpose on the 91st Floor
  3. Contextualising Maschenny and Jinsung's battle
  4. Jinsung's extraordinary tenacity
  5. Conclusion
  6. Summary

Due to pesky character limits, I'll cover the last two segments in a subsequent post.

Part One
Maschenny's Motivations
Before we begin with any examination of the battle, we must understand Maschenny's purpose on the 91st Floor, so we have the appropriate context for the actions she took and her interactions with Jinsung. This might be quite lengthy, but please bear with me.

Anti Zahard
Maschenny is opposed to Zahard himself and/or his rule. Whichever the case, she seems to desire his removal from power. I will cover the evidence in favour of this position below.

Maschenny and Jinsung seem to ultimately want the same end (presumably the death of Jahad and dissolution of the Jahad Empire).

When Jinsung asks Maschenny was after, why she chose to attack him, she informs him that she wants the same thing he wants:
Exhibit
Maschenny said:
My goal... isn't much different from yours.
What you want is what I want.
I just happen to think β€”
I need to shed more "blood" for the sake of my goal!!
On a second occasion, Jinsung asks her: "why did you do this to me, Mascheny Jahad?". In reply, she once again she mentions that their goals align but she believes she needs to shed more blood:
Exhibit
Maschenny said:
I told you.
You and I want the same thing. I just think a bit more 'blood' needs to be spilled.
By Maschenny's own admission, Jinsung and herself share the same end goal.

Jinsung seems to desire a certain kind of change. We know that he's a high ranking member of FUG, and given his backstory, we can infer that he has a grudge against the Empire. If I was to hazard a guess at the nature of the change Jinsung and Maschenny wanted, then it would be something along the lines of tearing down the Zahard led Tower Order.

I think Maschenny's words support this interpretation:
Exhibit
Maschenny said:
After losing the woman you loved
And finding out that the reason that woman you loved had to be killed was deeply tied to Jahad family,
You gladly became one of FUG's demons.
Jinsung monologues that he is using Baam to get revenge on someone that sought to trap him in a prison of loneliness:
Exhibit
Jinsung said:
To be honest, I wanted to say it right then.
Loneliness scares me more than anything too.
Someone wanted to trap me in a prison of loneliness for thousands, millions of hours
So I'm using you to get revenge against him.
Given Maschenny's comments about how the death of Jinsung's lover was caused by the Zahard Family, it seems likely that the man Jinsung wants to exact revenge against is Zahard. Together with Maschenny's earlier comments about sharing the same end goal as Jinsung, it seems clear to me that Maschenny also desires the removal of Zahard.

There is more evidence in favour of Maschenny wanting to remove Zahard, but it's not the focus of this post (and I'm trying to stay within the image limit), and considering the above scenes already make the case pretty strongly, I decided to leave them out.

Now that I've made the case that Maschenny is Anti Zahard, it's time to cover the next couple elements of Maschenny's motivations before we can truly understand her purpose on the 91st Floor.

Baam's Importance and Maschenny's War
Maschenny considers Baam to be a very valuable component of her rebellion. While explaining her means to Jinsung, she declares that she will die the Tower with rivers of blood:
Exhibit
Maschenny said:
I'm going to make this Tower a bloody mess.
To bring about the revolution she desires, she'll pit all the powers of the Tower against each other:
Exhibit
Maschenny said:
The Ten Great Family Leaders at the top of the Tower and their Direct Descendants.
The Slayers and Elders of FUG.
The disciples of the Workshop, shrouded in secrecy.
The new Powers emerging in the Tower, headed by Wolhaiksong.
And the countless Ancient Warriors who disappeared from the rankings at some point.
And even King Jahad and his princesses β€”
All of these people who have maintained a careful balance of power this whole time, keeping an eye on each other,
Are gradually beginning to fight each other.
She considers Baam one of the keys to opening the door to those battles:
Exhibit
Maschenny said:
And one of the keys to opening the door to those battlesβ€”
Is the Irregular you trained.
As can be seen from the above, Baam is a core component of Maschenny's rebellion.

Summary
There are three vital pieces of information covered above:
  1. Maschenny desires the removal of Zahard from power and is working towards it.
  2. Her method is to instigate a Tower wide war among all the Great Powers.
  3. She considers Baam one of the keys for her war.

Maschenny's Purpose
Based on the "elements" covered in the previous section, we can guess Maschenny's true purpose on the 91st Floor:
  1. Use Jinsung to prevent Kallavan and the 4th Army Corps from killing Baam at the Last Station
  2. Cover up all evidence of her rebellion
  3. Lay the groundwork for her war
  4. I must stress this, but Maschenny had zero intention of actually fighting Jinsung at the 91st Floor.

Once you understand Maschenny's true purpose at the 91st Floor, the exact nature of her "fight" with Jinsung becomes clear. Maschenny was never there to actually fight Jinsung and simply hoped to convey a message in secret (while hiding all evidence of her treason from the Army).

While I could progress to contextualising various interactions Maschenny and Jinsung had during their fight, there is ample evidence in favour of my declared purpose above, and so I would like to cover them in detail first.

SIU's Commentary
SIU often provides commentary on ongoing events in his chapter blog posts. These are very useful for clarification as they provide the author's own interpretation and contextualisation of the events in a particular scene. His Season 2 Chapter 311 blog post provided some insight into the true nature of the fight:
Season 2 Chapter 311 Blog Post
SIU said:
Meanwhile Maschenny and Ha Jinsung are fighting fiercely.
It would have been better if I could draw them when I was in a better state(ofc that’s how it always is ha ha)
Even though they are fighting halfheartedly, the scale is still huge ha ha.
Looks like Maschenny has another objective in her mind.
The last line is the most interesting. SIU tells us that "Maschenny has another objective in her mind", explicitly lampshading that her true purpose on the Floor was not in fact a battle.

Jinsung's Commentary
Jinsung himself also reiterated at several points during the battle that Maschenny had no intent to fight him.

Jinsung asks her if she came here to watch her boys get slaughtered and advises her to leave if she has no intent to fight:
Exhibit
Jinsung said:
Did you come here to watch your boys get slaughtered or what?
You should just leave if you don't intend to fight.
Jinsung notifies us of two things in the above fight:
  1. Maschenny let him destroy the fleet (of apparently hundreds of ships she brought with her).
    • At this point, the only ships left standing were the El Robina and Maschenny's Flagship.
  2. Maschenny had no intention of actually fighting him.

This first point supports my claim that Maschenny was trying to cover the evidence of her treason (by ensuring the deaths of all witnesses).
The second point supports my claim that Maschenny had no intention of fighting Jinsung and intended to simply convey a message to him in secret.

On another occasion, Jinsung attacks Maschenny with a Shinsu Piercer amped upper cut and follows up with a Red World (that she evades). Her lack of meaningful retaliation causes him to question her motives and whether she needed to convey something to him in secret:
Exhibit
Jinsung said:
What...
Are you after?
You act like you're attacking me but you just keep sacrificing your own troops.
You haven't put up a real fight this whole time.
Is there something you need to tell me in secret?
In response Maschenny smiles, acknowledges that he finally figured it out, and chastises him for being "so slow":
Exhibit
Maschenny said:
You finally figured it outβ€”
You people from the Ha Family are always so slow!!!
Jinsung's words β€” and Maschenny's acknowledgement of the veracity behind them β€” reiterates a few key points:
  • Maschenny was only pretending to fight him from the very beginning
    • "You act like you're attacking me"
    • "You haven't put up a real fight this whole time."
    • This confirms my claim that she had no intention to actually fight Jinsung.
  • Maschenny had been sacrificing her troops.
    • "\[B\]ut you just keep sacrificing your own troops"
    • This confirms my claim that she was trying to cover the evidence of her treason (by erasing all witnesses).
  • Maschenny needed to convey something to him in secret.

Finally, even after Maschenny's supposed "serious" attack, Jinsung questions what she was going through all this "trouble" to tell him:
Exhibit
Jinsung said:
So...
What are you going through all this trouble just to tell me?
This once again reiterates that the purpose behind all of Maschenny's actions (even her latest "serious" attack) was to convey something to him in secret.

Maschenny's Commentary
Maschenny later complies and informs him of the first two of Zahard's Orders:
Exhibit
Maschenny said:
...My Father sent Three Orders to the Altar a week ago.
Yes, one order was sent in secret, and the other was an order for us.
Annihilate FUG, and the last one was...
Completely kill all Regulars on the Hell Train.
When Jinsung questions why Zahard would want the Regulars dead, Maschenny replies that she has no reason to go this far (the fake fight, destroying all her troops, etc.) just to lie to him:
Exhibit
Maschenny said:
What reason would I have to go this farβ€”
Just to lie!?
The above once again reiterates that the purpose of everything Maschenny has done so far was to convey a message to Jinsung. She challenges him that would she really have any reason to go through all this farce of a fight just to lie to him.

Contextualising the Battle
Now that I have explained at length the nature of Maschenny's motivations were and her true purpose on the 91st Floor, it's time to dive into detail and contextualise the interactions Maschenny and Jinsung had with the knowledge that:
  1. Maschenny never put up a proper fight vs Jinsung, and everything was a farce to convey a message to him in secret.
  2. Maschenny was deliberately sacrificing her own troops to eliminate all witnesses to her treason.

Jinsung's "Blitz"
Jinsung supposedly blitzed Maschenny from several hundred metres away with Shinsu Piercer. However, this is a very surface level interpretation that ignores all the context I established above.

We see Maschenny turn her back to Jinsung while fake apologising to her soldiers in the El Robina for attacking them:

Jinsung castigates her for turning her back on her opponent ("you must be blind!") then proceeds to blitz her and land an upper cut.

However, this is not a true blitz. As I established above, Maschenny wanted to tell Jinsung something in secret, and so she needed Jinsung to close the distance between him and her. She turned her back to him to entice him to attack her while she was seemingly off guard and close that distance.

Immediately after the uppercut, Jinsung tries to land a Red World, but Maschenny evades this with ease:

Being able to react to a point blank follow up attack from Jinsung while she should be still disoriented from the previous uppercut (a considerably inferior position), disproves any notion that Jinsung somehow outclassed Maschenny in speed. He blitzed and landed an attack on her because she let him.

Jinsung's inquiry after she dodged his Red World proves this:
Exhibit
Jinsung said:
What...
Are you after?
You act like you're attacking me but you just keep sacrificing your own troops.
You haven't put up a real fight this whole time.
Is there something you need to tell me in secret?
Jinsung realised that she let him land the attack on her and that she hadn't meaningfully fought back at all. This "blitz" was a situation that Maschenny manufactured for the express purpose of being able to converse with Jinsung in secret, and Jinsung tells us as such.

Tres Cuernos
If Maschenny let Jinsung blitz her because she wanted to be able to converse with him in secret, then she chose Tres Cuernos as her weapon of choice to provide cover for their conversation (due to the white noise it created via massive lightning explosions) and to take out the remaining bystanders (the soldiers in her Flagship and on the El Robina).

Discretion
We know that Lighthouses exist (Operas) that can observe the entire Tower. One of them is possessed by Flux (one of the Three Lords), another by Repellista Zahard (a Zahard Princess) and the last by Tu Perie Tperie (One of the 10 Family Leaders).
Top 15 High Ranker Character Profiles
SIU said:
The most famous of his creations is the β€˜Opera’ Lighthouse, one of the greatest Lighthouses of the tower. The β€˜Opera’ extends the user’s Shinsoo field to infinity (beyond all reason and boundaries), making it the ultimate dream of all Light Bearers. It also contains defensive measures that put even Armor Inventories to shame. With all of its Lights, no blind spot exists for the β€˜Opera’.
(TN: I wasn’t sure, but I think it’s implied that using the Opera, one can also have an infinite range for any shinsoo related things, whether it’s a direct attack or shinsoo restriction)

But because it requires the highest quality Suspendium and many impossible-to-find materials, only three were made, and it is unlikely that any more will be made.

Honestly, because a man who developed the system where β€˜the Light Bearer acts as the center of all other Positions’ created an item that turns β€˜the Light Bearer into a one-man-show’, many complain that whie the β€˜Opera’ Lighthouse is the ultimate evolution of the Lighthouse, it at the same time is an item that makes the basic purpose of the Light Bearer null.
Of course, these are the complaints of those who cannot comprehend the powers of those above.
(TN: If it wasn’t clear, it’s basically saying that the man who created the Light Bearer position also made an item that made the Light Bearer position basically unnecessary)

Of the three β€˜Opera’s, one is in the hands of Tperi (However, he does not use the Opera, he uses a even greater Light House called β€˜The God’s Eye’, creator unknown), one is in the hands of Flux (one of the 3 lords; currently sleeping), the last is in the hands of Jaina Repelista Jahad (A princess that never climbed the Tower, uses the Opera to spy on the world).

If the β€˜Opera’ ever appeared on the market, its price will be immeasurable, but looking at the current wielders, it’s unlikely that it’ll ever appear on the market.
All Three Operas are in the position of individuals nominally aligned with the Zahard Empire. Given the existence of these Operas (and the even superior Eyes of God Tperie wields), it's not surprising that Maschenny wouldn't directly take out the witnesses with direct attacks, instead letting Jinsung slowly destroy them, damaging them through indirect large AOE attacks, or damaging them as a side effect of her attack on Jinsung.

Even if the witnesses to her treason would definitely not live to tell the tale, there may have been outside observers watching their fight, so she could not afford to tip anyone who may have been able to see her encounter with Jinsung. If you read the fight true the lens of Maschenny being exceptionally meticulous in covering up her tracks, then all her actions make sense.

Vs the El Robina
At multiple points during her farce of a fight with Jinsung, she attacked the El Robina. In fact, her very first attack with Tres Cuernos was targeted at the El Robina:

(This is the same attack for which she was apologising earlier).

At a second point during her conversation with Jinsung after she disclosed her true purpose, she struck the El Robina again:

At a third point, we once again see the El Robina being peripherally damaged by another of her attacks:

Neither of these attacks were directed at the El Robina directly and only seemed to damage it on the periphery by virtue of Tres Cuernos' massive AOE. This is not surprising after all, Maschenny intended to hide all evidence of her treason, so she could not afford to let the people on the El Robina capture any evidence of her attacking them directly (lest Army HQ/Adori find out). She damaged Tres Cuernos as a side effect of her other attacks, but given the lack of any obvious target (the center of each attack was essentially empty space), peripherally damaging Tres Cuernos was intentional.

Vs Maschenny's Flagship
Maschenny used the Tres Cuernos to take out her Flagship. Of course, she could never try to directly attack her Flagship (again, she had been very meticulous in covering up all evidence of her treason) so she instead chose to attack her Flagship through Jinsung.

After chastising Jinsung for being so "slow" she strikes him with Tres Cuernos:

The attack travels through Jinsung and takes out Maschenny's Flagship behind him, as well as providing cover for their conversation by creating a massive lightning field (White Noise) that would prevent anyone from overhearing them.

We are subsequently shown Maschenny's Flagship β€” it has been destroyed β€” meanwhile, Maschenny informs Jinsung of the Three Orders:

But Cinera, Maschenny said that she really tried on that last attack. Clearly, she was trying to hurt Jinsung but was simply too weak to do so.
Exhibit
Maschenny said:
I really tried on that last attack...
But you're just so damn strong.
Again, this is just a surface-level reading of the scene. Maschenny wanted to destroy her Flagship. She could not afford to attack them directly, so she struck her Flagship through Jinsung with a "serious" attack. Because it was an attack she put some real effort behind, she expected that it would hurt Jinsung. However, she underestimated Jinsung's tenacity and so it failed to do any real damage to him (that Maschenny consistently underestimated Jinsung's tenacity is a theme SIU built on at multiple points during their interactions, but I'll get to it later).

Maschenny failing to harm Jinsung is no different from Yuri being unable to damage Karaka with a serious Nuclear Punch (Exhibit), but being later capable of completely erasing his body (armour and all) with Rose Shower (Exhibit).

Maschenny expected the Tres Cuernos attack to harm Jinsung, but she underestimated his tenacity and so it didn't. This was not a case of her being unable to harm Jinsung. Her actual goal was never to harm him in the first place (as I demonstrated at length in my earlier sections). The true purpose of that Tres Cuernos was to destroy her Flagship. She expected Jinsung to take some damage, but Jinsung's tenacity was greater than she expected. That's all there is to it.

Even after the strike, Jinsung questioned what she was going through all this effort to tell him:
Exhibit
Jinsung said:
So...
What are you going through all this trouble just to tell me?
This reinforces the notion that even this supposed "serious" attack was part of the farce Maschenny was playing to hide her intended treason.

Maschenny never once in this fight struck Jinsung with lethal intent, or with the express purpose of actually hurting him (in the first place harming Jinsung was never her purpose). The one time she struck him with any effort at all, it was to destroy her Flagship (as part of her broader purpose of eliminating all witnesses).

I belabour this point a lot, but that is because it's the most persistent of the misunderstandings I've seen regarding their fight.

Providing Cover
As I mentioned earlier, one of the main purposes of Maschenny choosing Tres Cuernos as her weapon of choice for her farce of a battle with Jinsung was to provide cover for their conversation by exploiting the white noise generated by each of its attacks (it created explosions and a massive lightning field with tremendous static). It's doubtful anyone would be able to see them in the midst of all that lightning let alone overhear them.

The first occasion of this was the aftermath of her initial strike at Jinsung:

She swings at Jinsung (and the El Robina) again:

She then uses the white noise to inform him of the Army rallying at the Last Station and suggests that Jinsung can't let Baam be placed in danger.
Exhibit
Maschenny said:
The troops are already gathering at the Last Train stop.
Of course rankers can't interfere with the business of Regulars
But the military seems to have found some kind of solution.

As far as I know, someone that FUG values very highlyβ€”
Is currently riding the Hell Train...
You can't let that boy be put in danger can you?
We later see them wrap up their conversation while continuing their farce of a fight in the midst of Tres Cuernos' lightning field:
Exhibit
Jinsung said:
How much do you know?
Maschenny said:
Enough to know that you people need that boy?
But the problem isn't that I know this.
The real problem is that my Father has noticed.
The forces under my Father's direct command have already quickly taken action.

Hmm, to wrap up this section, Tres Cuernos was chosen as Maschenny's weapon of choice because:
  1. Each attack generated a massive and very noisy lightning field, providing adequate cover for her conversation.
  2. The spear had a very large AOE, thus enabling her to take out the witnesses as side effects of her attacks directed at Jinsung.

My claim that Tres Cuernos was specifically chosen for the aforementioned purposes is supported by Maschenny and Jinsung's encounter at the Last Station. When Maschenny did actually want to harm Jinsung, she used a spear more suited to striking down a single target with none of the extraneous AOE:
Exhibit A.
Exhibit B.

Jinsung's Tenacity
The one power scaling conclusion that can be accurately inferred from Maschenny's encounters with Jinsung so far is that Jinsung's tenacity far exceeded Maschenny's wildest imaginations. This was a recurring theme throughout all of their interactions.

In chronological order:
  1. She was surprised that her initial swing did no damage to Jinsung.
    Exhibit
    Maschenny said:
    I really tried on that last attack...
    But you're just so damn strong.
  2. She was shocked that while Jinsung was at death's doorstep, he was able to use Remote Reverse Flow Control against "two of the Highest Rankers" (presumably the Top 100). This led her to question whether he was really human.
    Exhibit
    Maschenny said:
    Using Remote Reverse Flow Control against two of the Highest Rankers...?!
    And yet he's two seconds away from dying!
    Is this guy really human...?
  3. She was surprised that he was still moving after she stabbed him and he pulled off his last Hail Mary.
    Exhibit
    Maschenny said:
    He's still moving...?
    He must be pretty damn tough too.
    • In Maschenny's defense, Jinsung did pass out after her stab:
      Exhibit
    • His willpower was just so strong that he was able to return to consciousness.
  4. She was surprised that he had recovered enough to wake up when she was checking on his condition:
    Exhibit
    Maschenny said:
    ...?
    He's already awake...?!

Time and time again, Jinsung's tenacity surprised, shocked, or outright flabbergasted Maschenny. If any conclusion can be drawn from their interactions, it's that Jinsung was far more tenacious than she expected (and she's fully aware that he's a Top 100 High Ranker).

This collage captures it quite well I think:

SIU himself commented on Jinsung's amazing tenacity:
Season 2 Chapter 334 Blog Post
SIU said:
And a chapter that showed the unusually hard-to-kill homeboy Jinsung’s survival.

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Part Two

Conclusion
Where Maschenny stands in relation to Jinsung is not something that can be adequately answered by their interactions so far. Their "fight" was a farce that she engineered to inform him of Baam's predicament. When next she met him on the 44th Floor, she cheapshotted him while he was about to attack Kallavan (and he had already been weakened somewhat) by the previous fight.

We also have no idea as to the true extent of her abilities. Skills, abilities and techniques that High Ranker Maschenny has not yet shown:
  • Weapons
    • Her signature White Lance.
      • It may reveal itself to be an ignition weapon.
      • SIU drew her with it in a doodle at the Nest, so she probably still uses it:
        Exhibit
    • The Yellow May
    • It is an ignition weapon.
[*]Techniques
  • Maschenny Lightning Spear Techniques
    • Transcendental techniques
      • Her Data version could use Great Spear of Dawn
    • Lethal techniques
      • Her Data version could use "lightning spear"
    • Grande Techniques
      • Ran can use "Grande Electrica Perla" and "Grande Espada De La Luz"
  • Maschenny fighting style techniques
    • Ran used "Arch Lightning", and he presumably learned it from her
  • Internal Quality Shinsu Control
    • Redan
      • Ran was capable of boosting his stats even further by activating a second Redan.
      • Her Data version seemed to use a much higher level of Redan than Ran:
        • She did not have the Trace that Ran develops when he uses it.
        • She became completely cloaked in lightning when she uses it.
      • She may have improved and further perfected Redan or another Internal Quality Shinsu Control technique

While one might be tempted to suspect that Adult Maschenny discarded the techniques that she used in her Data version, SIU suggested that wasn't the case:
Season 2 Chapter 289 Blog Post
SIU said:
Both Asensio and Maschenny are characters who will appear later as well
So perhaps the techniques in this episode will be shown again as their adult versions(?) in the future.
While Jinsung's tenacity far exceeded Maschenny's expectations, I don't really think that one can infer where Maschenny stands relative to Jinsung from that fact. There was no direct comparison between Jinsung's and Maschenny's own tenacity (in the first place, High Ranker Maschenny has never taken damage on panel), nor did we witness how Jinsung would hold up to upper level techniques from a Maschenny with the intent to harm him (the lone time Maschenny struck Jinsung with actual harmful intent, she knocked him out with casual techniques, but Jinsung had already been weakened by his battle with Kallavan).

However, considering that Maschenny is herself one of the Top 100 High Rankers (and knew of Jinsung's status as one), we can guess that even among the Top 100 High Rankers, Jinsung's tenacity is exceptional.

All things considered, where Maschenny stands as regards Jinsung is indeterminate as of now. That Jinsung could stop her with Remote Reverse Flow Control suggests that she's not vastly stronger than him, but doesn't give us much information beyond that.

Poll
I have a few questions for the poll, do you agree that Maschenny('s):
  1. Is opposed to Zahard?
  2. Main objective on the 91st Floor was to inform Jinsung of Baam's predicament?
  3. Never properly fought Jinsung?
  4. Let Jinsung blitz her so that he could close the distance and they could have their conversation?
  5. Initial strike at Jinsung was actually intended to destroy her Flagship?
  6. Selected Tres Cuernos her weapon to provide cover for her conversation with Jinsung and to eliminate witnesses?

Summary
To summarise my arguments so far:
  • Maschenny is opposed to Zahard and desires the end of his rule.
  • Maschenny's main objectives on the 91st Floor were to inform Jinsung of Zahard's Orders.
    • She intended for Jinsung to delay Kallavan as Baam was a valuable component of her plans
  • Maschenny took steps to hide the evidence of her treason
    • She let Jinsung destroy the fleet she brought with her
    • She used Tres Cuernos to destroy her flagship and damage the El Robina
  • The entire battle was a farce Maschenny engineered so she could have a private conversation with Jinsung.
    • Jinsung never blitzed Maschenny. She turned her back to him and let him attack her so that he could get in close quarters with her and she would be able to converse with him in secret.
  • Tres Cuernos was selected as her weapon of choice because of its large AOE and the "noise" it generated with each attack.
    • The noise provided cover for her conversation with Jinsung
    • Tres Cuernos' AOE allowed her to destroy her Flagship by attacking through Jinsung
    • Tres Cuernos' AOE allowed her to damage the El Robina without directly attacking them
  • Jinsung's tenacity consistently exceeded Maschenny's expectations.
  • The true extent of Maschenny's combat ability is unknown, as High Ranker Maschenny is yet to have a serious fight on panel and has a myriad of weapons, skills, and techniques she has yet to show.

H

Haoshoku

You went full dissertation mode with this one. By reading the conclusion I was able to get the jist of what you were saying. Nonetheless interesting stuff, I got more outta this than I would get in her wikia bio tbh you as far as her character goes. You brought up alotta things I didn’t know about or just simply forgot since I don’t read ToG all that closely.

Also excuse my poor observation of Maschenny on the Tiering thread, that was a lapse.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
You went full dissertation mode with this one. By reading the conclusion I was able to get the jist of what you were saying. Nonetheless interesting stuff, I got more outta this than I would get in her wikia bio tbh you as far as her character goes. You brought up alotta things I didn’t know about or just simply forgot since I don’t read ToG all that closely.

Also excuse my poor observation of Maschenny on the Tiering thread, that was a lapse.
My Maschenny wank low/mid diffs my Zoro wank TBH.

She's probably my favourite character in fiction.