A Few Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dragomir

1. Threadmarks
How they work is that a person can threadmark a post, allowing that post to be saved under the threadmarks list. This makes it possible to go back to important posts much quicker. It can also be utilized to link write-ups in mafia much easier so the host doesn't have to do any manual linking. This is beneficial to the forum so users don't have to continuously flip through lots of pages to find something. You can make where anybody can set a threadmark or only the thread creator.

2. PM Organization
The way convos are setup now is just messy and lacks organization. What you guys can do is create a structure where you can label your convos different things depending on what you've got. Then a separate part of the convo area will be created for that label and you can move the labeled convos into that label section. You follow? It's kinda like how gmail works with the spam and trash area.

3. Emoji Scroll Feature
When you open the emote bar, the whole list of emotes pops out and takes up a chunk of your scroll so you can't see what you're typing anymore. This is annoying and I personally dislike having to scroll all the way up and down to see what I'm posting with the emotes. I suggest to enable scrolling for the emoji bar, instead of seeing all of them, you only get to see one row at a time. It's a lot more practical for everyone, especially mobile users.

4. Post Ratings
Why just be able to like posts? They're nice but are kinda bland just by themselves. How about adding more flavor for posts? Instead of rep, add post ratings. If you've ever been to NF, you'd know what I mean. They appear at the bottom of the post just like a 'like' and allow a variety of different ways to show how you think about a post. Unlike the rep feature, there's no major risk of added negativity as you can't neg anybody. You could spam ningen on every single post but I don't think anybody's gonna get worked up over a ningen rating on their post. It's not that deep.

So what do y'all say? @Bogard @TheAncientCenturion @Kiwipom @Jiihad @Van @Garp the Fist @Pantheos @Gol D. Roger

AL sama

Red Haired
1. Threadmarks
How they work is that a person can threadmark a post, allowing that post to be saved under the threadmarks list. This makes it possible to go back to important posts much quicker. It can also be utilized to link write-ups in mafia much easier so the host doesn't have to do any manual linking. This is beneficial to the forum so users don't have to continuously flip through lots of pages to find something. You can make where anybody can set a threadmark or only the thread creator.
@Bogard I mentioned this to you before I think but you never answered

Threadmarks and PM organizations can be dealt with search button.
If you allow people to rate more than like, you are setting yourself for more possible drama and dealing with ratings spam.
I wouldn't mind threadmarks though

D

Dragomir

Threadmarks and PM organizations can be dealt with search button.
If you allow people to rate more than like, you are setting yourself for more possible drama and dealing with ratings spam.
I wouldn't mind threadmarks though
Search button doesn't help, it's unlikely that you're just going to remember the right words of the post you're going back to. I highly doubt anybody is going to be spending so much time spamming ratings for no reason. I highly doubt people on the receiving end will really care either, it's just a rating.

3. Emoji Scroll Feature
When you open the emote bar, the whole list of emotes pops out and takes up a chunk of your scroll so you can't see what you're typing anymore. This is annoying and I personally dislike having to scroll all the way up and down to see what I'm posting with the emotes. I suggest to enable scrolling for the emoji bar, instead of seeing all of them, you only get to see one row at a time. It's a lot more practical for everyone, especially mobile users.
Any way to solve this soon?

1. Threadmarks

2. PM Organization
The way convos are setup now is just messy and lacks organization. What you guys can do is create a structure where you can label your convos different things depending on what you've got. Then a separate part of the convo area will be created for that label and you can move the labeled convos into that label section. You follow? It's kinda like how gmail works with the spam and trash area.

3. Emoji Scroll Feature

4. Post Ratings
Why just be able to like posts? They're nice but are kinda bland just by themselves. How about adding more flavor for posts? Instead of rep, add post ratings. If you've ever been to NF, you'd know what I mean. They appear at the bottom of the post just like a 'like' and allow a variety of different ways to show how you think about a post. Unlike the rep feature, there's no major risk of added negativity as you can't neg anybody. You could spam ningen on every single post but I don't think anybody's gonna get worked up over a ningen rating on their post. It's not that deep.

So what do y'all say? @Bogard @TheAncientCenturion @Kiwipom @Jiihad @Van @Garp the Fist @Pantheos @Gol D. Roger
:steef::steef::steef:

Bogard

You can't win
Yo, sorry for the late reply, but quite busy lately. In either case, concerning your suggestions, i'd say the one that stood out the most to me were the first and second points about threadmarks and pm organisation.

For the emoji and post-rating though, i think it's as fine as it's, or at least for now. I don't see how the addition of ningen rating will help in anything for example, and for the emojis, it just depend on organisation. Infact you could see some subtle changes if you check it out now

For the threadmarks and pms organisation though, it's a suggestion i like. I can't guarantee when i could handle it atm though because it depends on my schedule, but there are alternatives that could help like the search, filters and starred conversation to look out for specific convos. It does roughly the same ultimately

Status
Not open for further replies.