Current Events A lot of the Straw hats could be removed from Egghead with no changes to the story

This has been true since the time skip
All the straw hats not named Luffy and Zoro are Side characters or just comic relief
I'd argue even Zoro (5 or so hype chapters aside since the timeskip) has been kinda shat on
Post automatically merged:

It's been the case for like 15 years now, only Luffy seems to matter barring an exception like Sanji in whole cake, would love to have Elbaf be more crew-centric with Luffy being put to the side for whatever reason (asspulls allowed) however Oda is clearly itching to give him Gear 6 and God King wifi haki when he inevitably solos all of Elbaf while Franky rebuilds a few houses offscreen and Brook gets a panty gag panel with a giant or something.

Last edited:
Remove Brook nothing changes, Remove Chopper nothing changes, remove Usopp nothing changes, remove Robin nothing changes, even Franky who pierced Saturn could be removed with nothing changing because Saturn regenerated, it's sad what's happening with them
Kuma sent every Straw Hat to their islands alone, except for Zoro.

Usopp’s poor treatment just makes me dread my boy Van Augur getting done dirty. It’s inevitable at this point
:catcry:
Him and Yassop I thought Yassop was going going to be the confident strong version of Usopp but after Wano that hope died

Remove all those clowns from the entire story and nothing changes
Not true, they were important pre Marine Ford saga and a small amount post timeskip. egghead island is the first arc where at least 70% of them didn't have any roles

Remove Brook nothing changes, Remove Chopper nothing changes, remove Usopp nothing changes, remove Robin nothing changes, even Franky who pierced Saturn could be removed with nothing changing because Saturn regenerated, it's sad what's happening with them
Sadly this is the truth . And as much as oda tries to show u that he cares . He doesn't. The brightest example is this chapter being small and just an overview for others for him not to be called out on ignoring HIS MAIN CHARACTERS

Sad but true. No Franky,Nami,Chopper andUssop interaction with Vegapunk about Tech. No Robin and Vegapunk interaction about Ohara and the revolutionaires...Oda is dropping the ball on character development of the straw hats. The arc is not over yet,i hope we get something once everyone is on the sunny on the way to Elbaf. Maybe we will get Vegapunk in Elbaf hanging out with the straw hats like Caesar did.

Well,at least Franky saved Luffy from Saturn. The others were useless.