Controversial A Song of Salt and Tears: WorstGen ASOIAF 1v1 Fighting Tournament

Where is Varys’s Manhood?

• Total voters

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
If it's cqc, Blackfyre has good shot at beating anyone in this tourney.
Martin often gives more minor characters like these only one or two big battles, but we know for a fact that there are a lot, a lot, a lot of more battles than the ones we actually hear about as the reader.

For example with Barristan, we only really know of his two feats against Meyles the Monstrous and his feat at Duskendale. But Barristan fought A LOT more than two battles. He likely has fought hundreds of more minor battles we just don’t know about.

So if Martin comes out and says Daemon Blackfyre fought the greatest duel of all time against a Kingsguard member with Valyrian steel clashes being heard for miles on end…yeah you can be sure Daemon is one of the best Targaryen warriors and one of the best warriors period.

I hope Dayne doesn't win this voting tourney, just for the sake of it. Lol.
I know right? Lmfao

Daemon takes this. Honestly, in a true 1v1, Drogo is going to lose against any of the top-tier Westeros fighters for one reason: armor.
Drogo was an incredible physical powerhouse, but a fully armored knight in medieval times was a tank—almost literally. A skilled fighter in armor is going to take down one without it nine times out of ten.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Never read Daemon’s book or whatever but dear lord the wiki:

According to Ser Eustace Osgrey, who fought on Daemon's side, Daemon fought "like the Warrior himself".[3]Daemon shattered the lines of Lord Donnel Arryn's vanguard, leaving the loyalists in peril until Ser Gwayne Corbray of the Kingsguard arrived with reinforcements.[17] Daemon and Ser Gwayne duelled, with both men using their Valyrian steel swords. The duel is said to have lasted nearly an hour before Daemon gained the upper hand.

With ax or lance or flail, he was as good as any knight I ever saw, but with the sword he was the Warriorhimself. When Prince Daemon had Blackfyre in hand, there was not a man equal him ... not Ulrick Dayne with Dawn, no, nor even the Dragonknightwith Dark Sister.[3]

—Eustace Osgrey, to Duncan the Tall

Not sure how relevant this is against the super quick, agile, panther-like, bow weilding Drogo but this guy’s hype is thick.

Last edited:

According to Ser Eustace Osgrey, who fought on Daemon's side, Daemon fought "like the Warrior himself".[3]Daemon shattered the lines of Lord Donnel Arryn's vanguard, leaving the loyalists in peril until Ser Gwayne Corbray of the Kingsguard arrived with reinforcements.[17] Daemon and Ser Gwayne duelled, with both men using their Valyrian steel swords. The duel is said to have lasted nearly an hour before Daemon gained the upper hand.

With ax or lance or flail, he was as good as any knight I ever saw, but with the sword he was the Warriorhimself. When Prince Daemon had Blackfyre in hand, there was not a man equal him ... not Ulrick Dayne with Dawn, no, nor even the Dragonknightwith Dark Sister.[3]

Not sure how relevant this is against the super quick, agile, panther-like, bow weilding Drogo but this guy’s hype is thick.
He beat one Kingsguard with a Valyrian blade, and at least according to Eustace two other top warriors with special blades would still be below him. Ulrick Dayne was considered one of the finest knights of his day.

We can obviously speculate on Daemon’s standing, but yeah his own men wanked him lmao.

Lol for the new avy.

Last edited:

Tbf Eustace dickrides Daemon and the Blackfyres harder than the average Temple of the Grandmaster poster does for their boy. He's heavily biased.
That doesn't mean Daemon wasn't a complete beast, but Eustace's words are mostly his sour grapes because he was a Blackfyre supporter, his sons died in the war and he lost most of his lands in the process. Lucky he didn't lose his head, that traitor dog.

Tbf Eustace dickrides Daemon and the Blackfyres harder than the average Temple of the Grandmaster poster does for their boy. He's heavily biased.
That doesn't mean Daemon wasn't a complete beast, but Eustace's words are mostly his sour grapes because he was a Blackfyre supporter, his sons died in the war and he lost most of his lands in the process. Lucky he didn't lose his head, that traitor dog.
Eustace can easily have been biased for Daemon in general while being right about Daemon’s prowess.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Maybe but keep in mind that Daemon would have had to earn Eustace’s loyalty. Sure everything is political but Eustace had other Blackfyres to choose from.

Also, Daemon being a Vanguard warrior who fought one of the greatest duels of all time with Gwayne Corbray of the Kingsguard is widely known and is one of the most insane duels ever if not the most insane.

That's what I said. But the whole series is purposefully written so that all narrators are unreliable. And in Eustace's case he is blatantly so
Yeah but I'm not sure him being biased for Daemon in general translates to him being biased for his prowess specifically and overhyping it more than it was, that's what I was saying. He could have legit seen things that way with or without being his ally.

Yeah but I'm not sure him being biased for Daemon in general translates to him being biased for his prowess specifically and overhyping it more than it was, that's what I was saying. He could have legit seen things that way with or without being his ally.
Idk calling someone the Warrior incarnate screams bias
Daemon was great, maybe the best of his time, but that's it.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Idk calling someone the Warrior incarnate screams bias
Daemon was great, maybe the best of his time, but that's it.
I’m not sure people grasp the hype of a successful vanguard warrior in ASOIAF. A Vanguard fighter is one of the guys who charges into the enemy lines when they have taken up their formations and smashes those formations. These are the guys who jump headfirst into shield walls with rows of spears pointed at them in order to shatter the ranks of armored men.

Barristan for example was not a Vanguard fighter, he slew Meyles at the climax of the battle when the Golden Companies ranks had already been broken. Aemon the Dragon Knight was not a vanguard fighter, he was a superb 1v1 knight and tourney fighter but he was not a vanguard warrior. Daemon Blackfyre “shattered” Donal Arryn’s Vanguard himself before fighting one of the most epic duals ever with a Valyrian Steel wielding Kingsguard.

Idk man. Daemon was mighty. I see no reason to doubt the quote of him being better than Ulric Dayne or Aemon.

I’m not sure people grasp the hype of a successful vanguard warrior in ASOIAF. A Vanguard fighter is one of the guys who charges into the enemy lines when they have taken up their formations and smashes those formations. These are the guys who jump headfirst into shield walls with rows of spears pointed at them in order to shatter the ranks of armored men.

Barristan for example was not a Vanguard fighter, he slew Meyles at the climax of the battle when the Golden Companies ranks had already been broken. Aemon the Dragon Knight was not a vanguard fighter, he was a superb 1v1 knight and tourney fighter but he was not Daemon Blackfyre “shattered” Donal Arryn’s Vanguard himself before fighting one of the most epic duals ever with a Valyrian Steel wielding Kingsguard.

Idk man. Daemon was mighty. I see no reason to doubt the quote of him being better than Ulric Dayne or Aemon.
I'm a loyalist, pretender dogs be damned!

This here is Daemon Blackfyre.

This response was hilarious to me.
:milaugh:

It is worth noting that Daemon Bloodfyre dueled Gwayne Corbray for an hour before besting him. That is no small feat.

Daemon also weilded the blade Blackfyre, a standout sword among even Valyrian Steel blades, as this was the sword weilded by Aegon the Conqueror.

It was rumored that Daemon was the son of Aemon the Dragon Knight, but that rumor is probably false as Aegon IV started the rumor and he was a disastrous shithead. But Daemon was a big strong warrior who wielded Blackfyre and bested a skilled Kingsguard 1v1.
Considering I’m off my nuts high, that’s still a pretty good take on Drogo VS the Rogue Prince.

:kayneshrug:

:denzimote: