Chapter Discussion Ace Novel - Manga Adaptation - Chapter 4

While the artist is incredibly skilled, seeing One Piece in this style is just so jarring since it's much more realistic. The Adaption has been an interesting ride so far and this is the end of Ace's Novel, and while the art is not my cup of tea, I can appreciate the skill.

Boichi killing it as usual. His intense facial expressions and the sick character poses make every chapter for me. I'm not a fan of Ace's static flames or Whitebeard's quakes looking like generic haki lightning, but he drew a powerful fight with the impact of every blow felt on the surrounding environment. I can see why Ace went on to split an island against Blackbeard and stop Aokiji's ice.

Whitebeard acting as a punching bag for Ace to take out his frustrations regarding Roger was a beautiful story line. The kid was recklessly running trying to escape Roger's shadow until he met the leader of a pirate crew, the father of a family, who could handle his power, accept him for who he is and set an example for him. Dissolving the Spade Pirates and serving on pop's ship to make it up to him serves as a metaphor of how he went on to develop one of the closest and most spirited bonds with the old man.
That panel really hits hard since we only got see Whitebeard's unscarred back at the end of the war after he was dead. And it turns out he had the same tattoo as his dead son Ace. :feelscryingman:

I am choosing to believe that this is not cannon in any way, Marineford ace had no hints of FS or any attack like this demon inferno, probably just some hype to pull some $$$ from this spin-off.
Ace literally punched through several ships when we first saw him. As for future sight, that’s just haki drawn like how it was pre timeskip with Luffy and Mohawk.