Questions & Mysteries Adjusted bounty due to inflation?

Smoker gave Law his heart as last resort, as he was in debt with him.

Smoker gave it all to recover his heart, Smoker with or without intentions, would had lost. Vergo has better feats
It wasn't a last resort it was an ultimatum.

Prolong the fight and potentially win or get Law's heart back and pay back the debt he owed Law for saving both him and Tashigi.

How one would fight when trying to win is definitely different to one trying to accomplish a goal that's outside of winning. Vergo acknowledges that Smoker's fighting style changes therefore that's a confirmation the previous style he was using which showed us Smoker both punching and elbowing Vergo across the room was no longer in effect instead he was spreading himself as a distraction causing damage to himself to fool Vergo.

Not saying Smoker would have won but Vergo wouldn't have steamrolled Smoker had Smoker continued with the intention of to the death battle.

It wasn't a last resort it was an ultimatum.

Prolong the fight and potentially win or get Law's heart back and pay back the debt he owed Law for saving both him and Tashigi.

How one would fight when trying to win is definitely different to one trying to accomplish a goal that's outside of winning. Vergo acknowledges that Smoker's fighting style changes therefore that's a confirmation the previous style he was using which showed us Smoker both punching and elbowing Vergo across the room was no longer in effect instead he was spreading himself as a distraction causing damage to himself to fool Vergo.

Not saying Smoker would have won but Vergo wouldn't have steamrolled Smoker had Smoker continued with the intention of to the death battle.
Giving Law his heart, and then letting Law defeat Vergo and save Smoker once again a bit contradicty? Paid a debt just to be be saved again...

They don’t seem inflated to me. The characters now are generally that much stronger from their level back then. The only character I think might have been under-inflated was Crocodile, but he never has a real bounty as it was locked when becoming a War-Lord; and he likely got much stronger as the story went on.

Giving Law his heart, and then letting Law defeat Vergo and save Smoker once again a bit contradicty? Paid a debt just to be be saved again...
Vergo could have at any time crushed Law's heart if he had sense defeat was on the table. Monet tried to do it to Smoker at the end of PH so it's not unheard of.

To me it's more of a look I paid my debt back to you now finish this shit. Smoker took significant damage following this plan so by the end he didn't have enough strength to beat Vergo after taking numerous CoA hits and demon bamboo from Vergo.