Current Events Am i the only one who prefers the Unofficial translation on this?

Unofficial
Nami: "Luffy will become pirate king definitely"

Official
Nami: "Luffy will never stop until he's king of the pirates"

It's weird that I prefer the unofficial on thus yet they are seemingly the same thing.

But to me it's like the official one has Nami commenting on Luffy's resolve while the unofficial has Nami commenting on the certainty of the outcome.

They could both mean the same thing but the official has less weight to me somehow

Last edited:
Yeah the translation was bad. I understand what Stephen wanted to do (give the impression that Nami was going to say what Ulti ordered to and then twist next page) but this sounds off and isn't even faithfull to the japanese text. "Luffy... The pirate king... he will become... definitely "is the most literal translation. Idk where he pulled the " never stop until.."

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
This line is boring as hell

In every Chapter: "Luffy will come the PK" or "I will becoem the PK"...
Yeah this is also a good point.

This line has been used too much.

We are all aware that this manga lives up to this line, but we are still talking about very special moments and not common ones, it would be nice if something different was spent for once.

It has to be said that ultimately it stays the most meaningful line one on the verge of death can say, so it's not a bad choice at last.

I feel like this official line will be more impactful in the anime, like the ultimate jebait moment from Nami. We would all think she will say "Luffy...will....never....become Pirate King", but instead, she jebaited us by saying "Luffy....will....never...stop being the Pirate King" :perocry: