GFX Art Amateur Graphic Art Thread

D

Dragomir

Ayo Drago, do you have any basic tips for a beginner who's trying to make a signature?
First, you have to find an image with good proportions. The length should always be longer than the width. Bigger x smaller. Since you're a beginner, single image signatures will do. Don't focus on multiple images yet, like the Kaneki Ken signature I made. Those are rather complicated.

When it comes to the effects you add, the same rules apply as with an avatar. Just experiment until it looks pretty. You have to experiment. Keep trying new shit. That's how you improve. But before you just do whatever, you have to look at the image you've cropped out and brainstorm what would really look good. It's important to experiment, but you have to do good experiments, rights? Some images would look great with brushes, others with filters, some with gradient maps, some with all 2 or all 3, etc. You get the idea.

First, you have to find an image with good proportions. The length should always be longer than the width. Bigger x smaller. Since you're a beginner, single image signatures will do. Don't focus on multiple images yet, like the Kaneki Ken signature I made. Those are rather complicated.

When it comes to the effects you add, the same rules apply as with an avatar. Just experiment until it looks pretty. You have to experiment. Keep trying new shit. That's how you improve. But before you just do whatever, you have to look at the image you've cropped out and brainstorm what would really look good. It's important to experiment, but you have to do good experiments, rights? Some images would look great with brushes, others with filters, some with gradient maps, some with all 2 or all 3, etc. You get the idea.
Yeah, thanks for the tip m8! Appreciate it.
Post automatically merged:

I did mine on a site
Hey, I tried looking for a good app to do some gfx but I couldn't rlly find any f2u one. What's yours?

Last edited:
I used ezgif site but I wouldn't recommend it cause as a beginner you wouldn't wanna be limited

https://ezgif.com/
Pixlr or GIMP would be good to use if you don't have photoshop.
Ight thanks.

First conclusion after messing a bit with pixlr. After seeing what others posted in this thread I can only look down at what I did, which is probably quite bad already but there we go.
Original:

Mine:

Just let me know how much it sucks lol.

Edit 2, probably a mess but I would like to get some feedback on this one too:

(Original)

Mine:

Last edited:

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
:tiredpepe

Pixlr - go to the draw tab > shape tool.
Gimp - rectangle select tool > create a rectangle > new layer > control-click for mac(if on windows, use its equivalent) > fill with the foreground color.
I only see the paint tab and no shape tool. There's a draw tool but that's drawing.

Maybe because I'm on the phone?

I did a gif on an app and was able to do that bottom box but then again no resize option

And watermark

Photoshop really is the best one ahahah

Last edited:
D

Dragomir

I only see the paint tab and no shape tool. There's a draw tool but that's drawing.

Maybe because I'm on the phone?

I did a gif on an app and was able to do that bottom box but then again no resize option

And watermark

Photoshop really is the best one ahahah
Go to the draw tool and you will see the shape tool tab in it.