General & Others Among These 3 Arcs Which is the Worst?

Weakest Arc Among the 3?

• Total voters
Dressrosa, Wholecake Island and Wano Are the 3 Biggest Arcs of Post Timeskip, Each Arc is filled with Criticism and has many controversies, Were still in Wano but were VERY deep in.

As it Stands Which would you say is the Weakest Arc Among the 3 so Far?

Last edited:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Dressrosa > Wano > WCI for me.

Dressrosa was good more often than bad, had great character focus on Doflamingo, Law and Fujitora. Boundman was revealed, Usopp gained CoO, we learned where Fujitora stood as an admiral and of course Sabo's reintroduction into the manga. There were dragging sections, most of the Donquixote Family outright were boring. Some of the gladiators were excessive. But overall, it weighed more positive than negative.

A lot of Wano feels bloated. The first two acts barely feeds into Onigashima and there's a lack of severity or connection to the antagonists. Kaido is the only one who's really built up and that we can take seriously from before the raid starts. There's a lot of dumb decisions on Oda's part that makes this really just... A whatever battle for the most part as well. But it's not totally bad.

Whereas WCI has all the problems of Wano + the lack of any repercussions that Dressrosa had and Wano will have. Everyone escaped Big Mom, Big Mom just came to Wano to be finished off, Sanji lost his memory of kissing Pudding so his character development there has been stalled. The only plot point that mattered was luffy beating Katakuri. So out of 70 chapters, about 13 of them standout.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I'll wait until Wano is over before determining where I'd place it.

Between Dressrosa and WCI, I prefer WCI, at least as a reading experience. There were fewer new characters constantly being introduced, that I could at least focus in on the ones firmly established. The Straw Hats there did not feel drowned out by everything else happening, and a lot of them got some great moments. I was also more invested in Sanji's family drama and how it would effect his ties to the crew. Katakuri was an amazing antagonist and opponent for Luffy, and Nami really stepped in to a leadership role when things looked their bleakest. For Dressrosa, Kyros is good, and Rebecca had potential, but they just didn't catch my interest as much. But I do love the Grand Fleet, and feel they were an awesome edition to the series.

Wedding Cake chase and Birdcage were questionable climax gimmicks, but I could get behind the former more because it at least tested the ingenuity of the Straw Hats being chased. Birdcage was a bad case of artificial tension because Doffy's crew was horribly outmatched by the heroes, so the surplus manpower needed something to do, even if it was pretty pointless.

I'll wait until Wano is over before determining where I'd place it.

Between Dressrosa and WCI, I prefer WCI, at least as a reading experience. There were fewer new characters constantly being introduced, that I could at least focus in on the ones firmly established. The Straw Hats there did not feel drowned out by everything else happening, and a lot of them got some great moments. I was also more invested in Sanji's family drama and how it would effect his ties to the crew. Katakuri was an amazing antagonist and opponent for Luffy, and Nami really stepped in to a leadership role when things looked their bleakest. For Dressrosa, Kyros is good, and Rebecca had potential, but they just didn't catch my interest as much. But I do love the Grand Fleet, and feel they were an awesome edition to the series.

Wedding Cake chase and Birdcage were questionable climax gimmicks, but I could get behind the former more because it at least tested the ingenuity of the Straw Hats being chased. Birdcage was a bad case of artificial tension because Doffy's crew was horribly outmatched by the heroes, so the surplus manpower needed something to do, even if it was pretty pointless.

this tbh
but i gonna add wano arc is like watching "revenge of samurais" film with luffy n straw hats as a guest stars .
compare to WCI and dresrossa at least luffy n straw hats are the main characters , Focus of The Story but in wano ... oda wasting more panels to momo, hyori,scabbrads, oden,oden wank, oden revenge etc etc the Oden is too much ,man:tchpepe:
the focus of fighting also feels off and tension aso non existent in WCI big mom skinny phase looks frightening and dresorssa doffy awakening looks awesome .
but kinda unfair to judge wano where is still not over so gonna wait will kaido change wano into more better?

Dressrosa was the worst to read weekly. Literally nothing happened in entire chapter except someone was running from point A to B.
I think OP had the lowest reading that time. When I was on OJ , chapter threads had the lowest no of pages. Because there wasn't much to discuss..

Other two arc r comparatively much better than Dressrosa. Drsssrosa didn't deserve that many chapters..Should have have been wrapped up in half..
WCI too should have ended with Party blast...
About Wano...Is on going...I'm not big fan of it either but I'll wait till the end

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Wano is easily the best. Not even close imo. Wano is giving us highlight worthy fights at the bare minimum. And it's by far the most SH centric arc post timeskip.

Dressrosa made me take a break from OP, brutally slow paced arc with not nearly a good enough payoff to justify all that time wasted. Multiple years worth of repetitive panels of characters no one gives a shit about.

The only good thing about WCI was Katakuri and he was great no doubt. But I don't think that's enough to offset Big Mom and Sanji working together to destroy that arc.

Last edited:
Wano is easily the best. Not even close imo. Wano is giving us highlight worthy fights at the bare minimum. And it's by far the most SH centric arc post timeskip.

Dressrosa made me take a break from OP, brutally slow paced arc with not nearly a good enough payoff to justify all that time wasted. Multiple years worth of repetitive panels of characters no one gives a shit about.

The only good thing about WCI was Katakuri and he was great no doubt. But I don't think that's enough to offset Big Mom and Sanji working together to destroy that arc.
I agree, DR was the worst weekly experience for me.
Wano>>>WCI>DR
Wano has been great so far, for an arc that long.