Powers & Abilities An Overpowered Version Of The Bouncy House Awakening

Happy Holidays everyone :)
Just as the title says, I'll be delving into my favorite, and seemingly original? idea for Luffy's awakening. It'll be quite the read so if this isn't your thing I'd recommend you just stop now:kayneshrug:
I see most people refer to Doflamingo and Katakuri's awakening as reference for Luffy; but one fundamental difference in the ways that their fruits function are the abilities actually granted to the user outside of their respective awakenings. What I'm referring to here will be more easily explained thru the Hunter x Hunter Nen circle:
Doffy falls under the manipulation or conjuration type
Whereas Katakuri, being a special Paramecia, is a bit more complex. He not only produces and controls his "element," he also is his element
Now, and argument can be made that he is able to freely produce and control his element only now that he is awakened, but this is still fundamentally different from rubber.
Luffy, in my humble opinion; identifies more closely with the enhancer group, as his body is enhanced with the ability to stretch, compress, and ignore blunt traumas. IMO his awakening should not necessarily allow for him to create rubber in the same ways as the others, as he simply isn't implied to be the same kind of ability user as them in certain respects... Basically, he's never made any excess rubber, let alone for combat.

Now that I've outlined the apparent differences in what most people generalize just as paramecia fruits, I can go on to further explain how Luffy's awakening could work in MY eyes;
(sorry, not sure where to find the official)
Here^, translations aside, what Doflamingo is eluding to is that Awakened abilities will affect your surroundings, BUUUT; the catch is that this is a rare occasion. The Impel Down jailor beasts didn't seem to turn their surrounding into Minotaurs... lol
Now, while I do think Luffy will be able to affect his surroundings, the common denominator for gaining this ability to affect his surroundings, similar to Doffy and Kata is that Luffy MUST be making contact with what he wishes to affect, and that he cannot just plainly produce rubber

Notice how they both make contact with what they intend to affect(The ground)

This restriction; making contact with what he chooses to affect and not producing excess rubber will be the baseline for this version of Luffy's awakening...
So, I think Luffy's awakening will allow for him to apply the increased attributes of rubber: Stretching, Compressing, Increased Tensile Strength, Added Bounce/Propulsion and Increased Resistances to Blunt Trauma to not only himself, once he activates his awakening, but any and EVERYTHING he touches
-This will allow for increased speed in bursts, as he could essentially turn the ground he's standing on into a mix between track runner's starting blocks by applying diagonal pressure down and back, but also a sort of trampoline that shoots/propels him in the other direction

Similar to what Bellamy's springs provide to him
-This could also allow for him to add further force to his attacks like the bullet punch as he could throw his fist back behind him, then bounce it back forward towards his enemy, while simultaneously compressing his rubber arm as it's snaping back for added velocity, or with his increased elasticity, even bigger versions of Gear 3 are possible, and he could even make his opponent bounce off of the attack once it lands adding further damage. This can actually augment the majority of his base techniques; as one of Gear 4: Snakeman's main features is it's ability to bounce off of the air mid attack. As well as Boundman's flight.. With an awakening like this, Luffy is granted all these things without the consistent use of Haki to harmonize these abilities. The possibilities with increasing his attack potency is endless if he were to apply the attributes that strengthen his base now in multiple other ways to the same fighting style.
-With his ability to mix his rubber attributes with his Haki; maybe in the future he could add these features to his barrier Haki/Ryou, and bounce attacks away without even making direct contact with them, to duplicate Sentomaru's palm strikes to an even more destructive or defensive degree. With this, things like Tankman could become a top of the line defending technique when compared to all other Top-tier combatants.

-Lastly, the main addition to Luffy's repertoire with this awakening is gonna spice things up the most:
If Luffy has already hinted at things like bouncing off of the air; maybe he could apply other rubber attributes to air on contact... or a better way to say it would be applying his awakening to the atmosphere
Imagine if he could compress the space between him and his destination as he travels thru it

This could grant him a super hax level ability to move through space with something similar to teleportation

(Mato Seihei no Slave, chief Tenka's ability to alter space) This showcases very well what I'm thinking of visually
Luffy goes to perform movements like these, but while awakened; he compresses the space, and as a byproduct shrinks the distance he intends to travel to perform a pseudo teleporting ability by applying his rubbery attributes to the atmosphere that he's in direct contact with
And the inverse would be stretching the space that an opponent or attack had to travel to damage Luffy, to give him more time to defend.
Something like this could really give that added "Woah" to an enhancement as hyped up as the main character's Awakening
Also, for more visual effects, Oda could use this style of drawing(which could be interpreted here as rubber undulating)
(bottom left panel)
for added effect whenever rubber's attributes are applied to the surrounding area

I could go on rambling about the random shit Luffy's creative ass could pull off by treating the surrounds as if they're rubber, but hopefully I did a good enough job painting the picture in you guy's heads for you to imagine it further yourselves instead. In conlcusion, Luffy will be able to stretch, bounce off of, or compress any and everything he touches as if it were rubber; but to a romanticized degree.

I will say that the regular bouncy house awakening idea, while still likely, seems so lackluster to me in certain respects... Of course, this version can treat the things Luffy's in direct contact with as if it were a trampoline for instance; but I don't see how that ability adds to Luffy's fighting style, let alone the story... I mean Boundman Luffy already bounces around...
Hopefully if Oda was planning this I didn't deter him, and hopefully I articulated myself well enough to portray my thoughts, please feel free to make any tweaks or additions to this theory/idea for Luffy's awakening.:moonwalk:

Affecting his surroundings would be a perfect counter to the Gura Gura
Yea I’d heard Morj say this, but the surroundings being rubber kinda only mitigates the destruction to wherever they’re fighting at... I don’t actually think it benefits Luffy much

Unless ofc they’re fighting at a place Luffy doesn’t want to get destroyed

I would probably stick with my current "Luffy's Vulcanization Awakening" theory but that's a cool theory nonetheless.:kayneshrug:
I’ve heard of it, but I never really knew what they were getting at... like does Luffy just get harder rubber at the cost of other attributes?

I’ve heard of it, but I never really knew what they were getting at... like does Luffy just get harder rubber at the cost of other attributes?
So basically, vulcanization is similar to Luffy's Gear 2 but more tougher and maybe more cost. You heats up your body and hardening your body (similar to Diamond Jozu) but you can still be flexible (like Gear 4 for example).

So basically, vulcanization is similar to Luffy's Gear 2 but more tougher and maybe more cost. You heats up your body and hardening your body (similar to Diamond Jozu) but you can still be flexible (like Gear 4 for example).
It sounds cool but idk how strong it’d be
Luffy essentially can get harder or tougher on commander with haki and certain transformations already

I guess for me it works depends on how cool it looked, I think Oda really wants to wow us with this

I would probably stick with my current "Luffy's Vulcanization Awakening" theory but that's a cool theory nonetheless.:kayneshrug:
The problem with this theory is that:

1) The idea of vulcanization is already played by Oda with Luffy's armament: "koka" can be translated as "vulcanization" and is said by Luffy precisely because of this. In fact, before Oda's retconning on drawing haki was confirmed, many people thought that Luffy blackened his body through literal vulcanization. I don't see the author saying "well, I called this power vulcanization, but now THIS is the actual vulcanization".

2) I have problems seeing as "awakening" many theories proposed by fans because such abilities could be justified as natural evolutions of a power. In other words, I don't see why Luffy would need awakening to vulcanize his body instead of just make a better use of the properties of his rubber body. The interesting thing about extending your power beyond yourself is that it's indeed a qualitative improvement since it isn't about the user alone anymore and it allows you to work with the environment like if it had eaten the fruit too; it kind of defies the rules of devil fruits, just like zoan awakening challenges the three forms continuum.

I still hope that Oda sticks to the rubber world awakening. That would fit Luffy the most.

In your opinion; what about the rubber world fits his fighting style?
First, it fits Luffy's personality. The character is clearly conceptualized as a kid and few things scream more "childhood" than jumping and having fun in an inflatable.

Second, I can imagine Luffy improving his gatling (more hits, more angles, etc.) with rubberized objects around him; using the elasticity of the ground to boost himself while destabilizing the enemy; said enemy could receive a hit from Luffy, fall on the ground, bounce on it and be sent back for another hit; depending on how the transformation of the environment works Luffy could make himself funny stuff like a rubber armor, Mr. 3 style; he may be able to create strong shockwaves out of the increased elasticity of big objects; he could better randomize or redirect his attacks by bouncing them on rubber objects... Whenever I think of Luffy's awakening turning the place into rubber I think of a storm of elastic attacks, bounces, etc., which in my opinion is the best of Luffy's style.

Third, turning the environment into rubber and using it to attack instead of his own body may help him against the vibrations of Blackbeard's Gura Gura and to avoid being touched directly by his darkness.

First, it fits Luffy's personality. The character is clearly conceptualized as a kid and few things scream more "childhood" than jumping and having fun in an inflatable.

Second, I can imagine Luffy improving his gatling (more hits, more angles, etc.) with rubberized objects around him; using the elasticity of the ground to boost himself while destabilizing the enemy; said enemy could receive a hit from Luffy, fall on the ground, bounce on it and be sent back for another hit; depending on how the transformation of the environment works Luffy could make himself funny stuff like a rubber armor, Mr. 3 style; he may be able to create strong shockwaves out of the increased elasticity of big objects; he could better randomize or redirect his attacks by bouncing them on rubber objects... Whenever I think of Luffy's awakening turning the place into rubber I think of a storm of elastic attacks, bounces, etc., which in my opinion is the best of Luffy's style.

Third, turning the environment into rubber and using it to attack instead of his own body may help him against the vibrations of Blackbeard's Gura Gura and to avoid being touched directly by his darkness.
Points 1 and 3 are pretty objective, but when it comes to point 2, its hard to imagine Luffy being in that enclosed area that would help his awakening emulate that bouncy house... that's why to me it seems better if he literally applied those attributes to the atmosphere; this way it would work anywhere

Points 1 and 3 are pretty objective, but when it comes to point 2, its hard to imagine Luffy being in that enclosed area that would help his awakening emulate that bouncy house... that's why to me it seems better if he literally applied those attributes to the atmosphere; this way it would work anywhere
Not really that hard. Arlong Park was an enclosure with buildings, walls, etc. to bounce; Crocodile was defeated underground in a completely closed chamber; Lucci and Caesar were taken down inside buildings; Dressrosa was a full available city for him to jump on whatever he wanted... While rubber atmosphere could work too, I find it a bit over-the-top (imagine Doflamingo turning the atmosphere into strings) and I don't think Oda needs to go that far.

The things i agree on is just the last effect: space compression and / or stretch. Short-range teleportation like X-Men's Nightcrawler. Extremely important against the likes of Kizaru or speed-type. Moreover, space compression followed by space release, can result in version of Ursus Shock wherever Luffy punch at, only much concentrated in damage. Add to that Penetration Armament, and we have Luffy teleporting and punching Kaidou, and the Ursus Shock Multiplied by 1000 explodes inside Kaidou's body. The ultimate damage never experienced before by him.

Luffy: Nightcrawler + Kuma

Cool ideas in it. You got me with that "woah" moment :D
But I for myself don't see it happening. He imo remains solely a "body morphing" type. He's a brawler through and through. He imo won't get such fancy stuff, even if it has insane potential. Hax doesn't really match his style.

The thing is we need certain transition from his already existing abilities. And the way I see it he still has certain drawbacks, mainly G4th's need for haki and in general the "blowing air into muscles/bones" mechanism.

I don't think it's logical to assume that he awakenes a completely new ability, while he still has drawback'ed main abilities.

I think it's more likely that he will awaken an ability that will refine his already existing style and make him the greatest brawler ever, I. E. Producing rubber cells, which will Mimik Katakuri's non awakened style.
-> Instantenous G3 and partial G4 in base.

Even though it comes off as basic I think it's actually the most efficient PU he could get.
The "woah" moment and those BB counters will imo come from advanced CoC.

imagine Doflamingo turning the atmosphere into strings) and I don't think Oda needs to go that far.
Well, not necessarily turn it into rubber; more so apply rubber’s properties to it
If the atmosphere was rubber, Luffy couldn’t hope to travel thru it after it’s been condensed
But yea I agree it’s over the top; I just assume Oda would do that on purpose with it being the MC’s awakening

The things i agree on is just the last effect: space compression and / or stretch. Short-range teleportation like X-Men's Nightcrawler. Extremely important against the likes of Kizaru or speed-type. Moreover, space compression followed by space release, can result in version of Ursus Shock wherever Luffy punch at, only much concentrated in damage. Add to that Penetration Armament, and we have Luffy teleporting and punching Kaidou, and the Ursus Shock Multiplied by 1000 explodes inside Kaidou's body. The ultimate damage never experienced before by him.

Luffy: Nightcrawler + Kuma
:myman:Space release??? I like it, indubitably. **maniacal laugh **
Cool ideas in it. You got me with that "woah" moment :D
But I for myself don't see it happening. He imo remains solely a "body morphing" type. He's a brawler through and through. He imo won't get such fancy stuff, even if it has insane potential. Hax doesn't really match his style.

The thing is we need certain transition from his already existing abilities. And the way I see it he still has certain drawbacks, mainly G4th's need for haki and in general the "blowing air into muscles/bones" mechanism.

I don't think it's logical to assume that he awakenes a completely new ability, while he still has drawback'ed main abilities.

I think it's more likely that he will awaken an ability that will refine his already existing style and make him the greatest brawler ever, I. E. Producing rubber cells, which will Mimik Katakuri's non awakened style.
-> Instantenous G3 and partial G4 in base.

Even though it comes off as basic I think it's actually the most efficient PU he could get.
The "woah" moment and those BB counters will imo come from advanced CoC.
Yea that’s fair, I agree in that a lot of his drawbacks should be mitigated before he hopes to power up again, and that they could just go hand in hand
And yea maybe the Woah factor comes in with the CoC stuff, that’d be cool too