Analysis on the PT panel

Found this and thought I would share.

Its interesting to see many details in the panel. Like how Bonolenov is worried about Chrollo and how its affecting his mental health. Whilst Feitan is worried that Phinks may get hurt or killed. Also Machi eyeing up the Zoldycks and not trusting them. Her instincts are always right....meaning Illumi may betray them. Machi confront them to see whats up, so we may possibly get a Machi vs Illumi fight.

This panel really interests me

Yep, it’s a good catch. Chrollo sure is having a second thoughts. He underestimated Hisoka big time by thinking he was already done. But given the circumstances, everyone would.
Illumi is just waiting for his mission to be over. Out of all he has the most calm face with no worries.
But the fact Macchi is eyeing him up makes me feel like he will betray them. Her instincts are never wrong. But then I feel it would be weird for Chrollo to trust Illumi if he wasnt sure that he wouldnt betray. So Idk what could happen tbh.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Togashi has always been great with doing so much with so little. Even simple dialogue goes a long way. My favorite example is Mereum with the royal guards, asking him what he is:

Youpi: Its not my place to say
Pitou: Its whatever you feel like it being
Pouf: You are the king

These lines foreshadowed their development; Youpi shows a lack of individuality but grows a knightly sense of honor and lets his enemies live out of respect. Pitou deflects any responsibility but emotionally took charge(saving that little girl Meruem likes) for the sake of his well being. Pouf declares Meruem is the king(completely disregards Meruem's feelings) and has a mental breakdown when Meruem gains more humanity, further pushing away from the kingly image on Pouf's mind that he became obsessed with.

Togashi is a genius at characterization.

Very interesting analysis.

Imo at this point considering Chrollo toyed with Hisoka (let him run after him while he burrowed the power of 2 members of the phantom crew, set a place and time perfectly fit for his abilities and killed Hisoka without even putting much effort in it afterall) and Hisoka recognized it and is willing to make things go different the next time (after his last meeting with Machi he said something like he will choose the place and time and not give it to Chrollo like he did the last time and also that he will kill all the spiders), this time he is the one who prepared a big and good enough trap for all the spiders.

The first time he was alone vs Chrollo with the powers of other 2 spiders in an environment totally favorable to his/their skill set. This time he is alone (or maybe not) vs the whole phantom troupe but he is the one who choosed the place and time this round (he said them all he will be on the ship aka please step in I'm waiting for you).

Now he must know that he can not take on them all alone even if he decides to ambush them a small group (they work in small groups) at a time so the first option who comes to mind is Illumi and rightly Machi but also Chrollo must be wary of his allaiance. I believe it is true Hisoka made the "promise" Illumi mentioned (their vows to kill each other) but that doesn't mean he would not help Hisoka before that moment (I don't think it will be a direct help but maybe something like lure a member or keep the others busy / make them believe something which is false true just like how he did during YS arc so that they base their impressions and plans on that). Kalluto's loyality is 100% with Illumi even if maybe always going from the panel, not even he knows what Illumi is really thinking.

Then about Hisoka's trap set for the spiders there is for sure a game changing acard he could play to turn the tables in his favor imo and that would be an individual who is hellbent on killing the spiders and has almost god like powers vs them. The only question is if Hisoka has already made plans together with him or just plans to make him meet almost randomly with Chrollo in a place and start WW3.

To conclude imo this time Hisoka wants to win and have his revenge on Chrollo for toying with him having all the troupe killed (that is the plan at least) but we have not to forget who Hisoka is and his true personality. He sees everybody else who is strong enough to give a good fight like a toy to play with: the image when he was wondering how to develop the situation from when Illumi met with Killua and Alluka, the best scenario he came to was to kill Alluka so that he gained Killua's hate then fight and kill him to so to gain Illumi's hate and have another good fight, he didn't even care about himself at that moment and there wasn't also a plan at all, this situation was prevented by Killua teleporting with Alluka but something similair happened with Hisoka vs Castro: he wanted to have fun in his mad way and also to underline the toy figure he said about Chrollo after he discovered Kurapika sealed his nen that he didn't want to play with a broken toy so imo he reminds a lot of the Joker from Ledger (not so difficult right XD).

Anyway this brings to the fact that he wants to have his revenge with Chrollo but at the same time he wants to have all the fun possible (and this also explains his invitation for Illumi with the wish to kill him and that at least for me it is true) avoiding as much as possible other people playing and broking his toys, he wants to be the one to do it (another image: Hisoka building the castle of cards just to have that moment of pleasure when he destroys it). So he for sure has a plan but there are also very good chances it will be a weird Hisoka the mad clown type of plan (even if this can also be useful in derailing Chrollo's train of thoughts yet Chrollo at this point should understand Hisoka character quite a bit.. Even if the whole situation of him losing his friends could make him so focused on the problem to the point of forgetting crucial details as Hisoka's real aimes) which ends with him fighting the troupe, Illumi, Kurapika but also the other toys on the ship aka the Zodiacs and maybe he has eyes on the princes too.

But this probably will be too messed/complicated even for Togashi (even if imo that is Hisoka greatest pleasure he can get in the ship) plus it will make the things too Hisoka centered like he is the MC or something (even Kurapika is barely keeping the MC role while Leorio was simply forgotten to give room to everything).