Questions & Mysteries Ancestor, descendants, and the Bandit? Lore.

Hey guys, it's stairs. :saden:

I wanted to make a quick little post of the revelation of Shimotsuki Ushimaru in 1023, and what it could possible mean.

Ushimaru is most-likely based on Minamoto no Yoshitsune(Ushiwakamaru). The tale surrounding Ushiwakamaru sounds awfully similar to that of Ushimaru. So much so that Ushiwakamaru even had a servant, a servant who is awfully similar to Onimaru/Gyukimaru.
The servant's name was Benkei/Oniwakamaru. Both Onimaru and Oniwakamaru, were bandits who stole weapons from those they deemed unworthy.

You can do a deep-dive on the figures in your leisure. That's not what really interests me.

What interests me is the lore based on Ushiwakamaru and Oniwakamaru.

According to tales, Ushuwakamaru had a not very well-known child. A child who he had entrusted to an ally, who then turned the child over to another ally who was a "founder of a clan/village"

Ringing any bells? Yes, old man Kouzaburo was also a founder of a small clan/village in the east blue. But that's not even the most interesting piece of information.

The following is:

It is said that Ushiwakamaru, returned fought the bandit Oniwakamaru on a bridge. Guess who won? Ushiwakamaru. This is the very same scenario that happened to Zoro and Onimaru. What's also funny, is that Ushiwakamaru and the bandit is said to have fought twice. And Zoro and Onimaru fought twice as well.

But the strange thing is Zoro isn't based on Ushiwakamaru, Ushimaru is. Yet, Zoro followed in their footsteps nonetheless.

Another strange piece of information is that, according to other lore surrounding Ushiwakamaru, he was presumably forced to commit seppuku. However, he never went through with it and escaped. Sounds like Zoro during the Seppuku chapter, right? Zoro was forced to commit seppuku but instead escaped.

Now that these tales have blended Ushimaru's and Zoro's character together. It begs the question, where is the lore of Zoro heading currently? Especially since Ushimaru's tales have already been completed by Zoro.

We also, learn in the chapter that Ryuma was a one-eyed Samurai, which looks like it is leading into the tales of Ryuma in monsters. In the beginning of Monsters, Ryuma was searching for "King" so that they could fight, and Zoro is currently fighting King.

Where do you think we go from here, in what I can only assume is the beginning stages of the final stretches of Wano? Do you think these final stretches of Wano have great possibility of being very Zoro-centric?

It seems that way to me, and I will enjoy it very, very much!:zosmug:

A

Akagaminoproduction

Nice one..... I like how oda takes so many lores and put it in story
Post automatically merged:

Btw a lot of people gonna cry towards end of wano if your predictions about being zoro centric came true

Very nice observation, i am really curious as to how you guys can pull stuff from Japanese lore.
Aren't there like tons of legends ?