Questions & Mysteries Ancient Kingdom and Roman Empire, World Government and Catholic Church, Void Century and Dark Ages

Do you think the author of the theory has brought good and new ideas?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
THIS IS NOT MY THEORY.
I FOUND IT ON REDDIT, WRITTEN 2 YEARS AGO, (
user ---> zumgui222) AND THOUGHT IT WAS INTERSTING. I'M SHARING IT HERE TO KNOW THE OPINION OF THE COMMUNITY BECAUSE I THINK IT DIDN'T RECEIVE ENOUGH ATTENTION CONSIDERED THE GOOD POINTS CONTATINED IN IT. IT'S A LONG READ, I KNOW, BUT I CAN GUARANTEE YOU IT'S WORH IT.

The "Void Century" is the start of One Piece's "Dark Ages", the age of Divine Right.
The "Dark Ages" was a period that lasted, according to some historians, from "The Fall of the Roman Empire" to the start of "The Age of Enlightenment", roughly 900 years.
The name comes from the contrast between the Darkness (lack of records) and the Light (abundance of records).
How long has the World Government ruled over the One Piece World? Roughly 900 years, starting with the fall of an empire with connections all over the One Piece globe, the "Ancient Kingdom".
The "Ancient Weapons" names' come from Greek and Roman mythology.

• "Neptune" is "Poseidon"s Roman name, the God of the Sea.
  • "Uranus" is the Roman God of Heaven.
  • "Pluto" the Roman God of the Underworld.
I think the Ancient Kingdom will be heavily inspired by The Roman Empire and their inventions, maybe a bit of inspiration from the thinkers of our Age of Enlightenment.
To further support this theory, some visual and historical similarities...

This is the anime depiction of the Ancient Kingdom, similar to the one from the Manga, on Robin's flashback and Ohara, pay attention to the circle:
This is the Colosseum located in Rome. Doesn't it look familiar to the circled shape from The Ancient Kingdom?
This is a Poneglyph, history inscribed on a metal slab:
This is an "Acta Diurna", the first "journal". The Romans were the first to inscribe current affairs onto stones or metal slabs. Taking half the name from the "Hyeroglyphs" of the Ancient Egipt I believe this was the inspiration for the Poneglyphs.
During Robin's flashback, Chapter 394 is named "The Demons of Ohara". Oharans were called "Demons" for going against The World Government. Why? Maybe said Government sees itself as "God". The Celestial Dragons are self-proclaimed "Saints". Im-Sama is the 'invisible' ruler that controls the One Piece World. Like perhaps "God"?
I think Im-Sama and the Celestial Dragons are heavily inspired by the Catholic Church and their behavior seems to be inspired by colonizers of our own world.

In our own history colonizers sailed the oceans many times with the excuse of spreading their belief system. In reality they ended up killing entire civilizations deemed 'savages'/inferiors by them, enslaving people solely because of their race, taking the natives land by force and justifying those actions with Divine Right to do so... Sounds familiar to a certain group in One Piece?
To further support the connection between the head of The World Government and the Dark Ages Catholic Church I'm gonna present some visual evidence.

This is Im-Sama's 'Empty Throne':
This is a photograph of The Vatican City, in particular of St. Peter Square and Conciliation Avenue.
This is Im-Sama's Crown, quite tall isn't it?
This is the Papal Tiara. From 1143 to 1963, it was solemnly placed on the pope's head during a papal coronation. Looks familiar to Im-Sama's Crown in height, and he/she sits at a throne shaped like the Vatican City.
Chapter 395 is named "Ohara vs. The World Government". Who are "God's Natural Enemy" according to Corazon? The "D". "Demons". Throughout One Piece's storyline the World Government changed the narrative at least a few times. Crocodile, DoFlamingo, Rocks. In chapter 957 one of the Marines seems impressed by the fact that the God Valley's incident something that huge "is already lost to history".
The words used by Oda when the Gorosei asked Im-Sama "Have you decided upon another light to be erased from history?" Why do you erase a light from history? To keep people in the dark, and The World Government has been doing this for centuries, since the "Void Century".
The world of One Piece needs it's own Age of Enlightement to end The Dark Age that started with the Void Century and the fall of the Ancient Kingdom, possibly One Piece's equal to the Roman Empire in the story.
In Chapter 957, Sengoku says "You won't antecipate the future if you don't know your history".
I think this that was Oda talking to us, the readers.

Now the further is some speculation without a solid basis like the last things I said, but since I was doing it already, doesn't hurt to go a bit further. I believe and the story hints to some of those things in subtle ways, they can't be stated as confirmed, but I think I know my history so let me try and speculate a bit more...

The "Celestial Dragons" have a name that hints at the sky, and their clothing, astronaut suits. I don't think that's a coincidence. I believe the theory they came from space. And the cover story with Enel on the moon proves something like that could've happened. Maybe centuries ago, at the start of the "Void Century".
That would add some explanation to their self given titles, clothes, behavior, acting like real life colonizers in the One Piece world. To this day they slave trade, brand their "property", deem natives savages/inferiors not worthy of even sharing the same air as them, take what they want when they want, and those are the "rules".
I believe the original "Celestial Dragons", "Saints", were much stronger when they arrived from space and they started those "rules". Maybe they were back then leaded by the same Im-Sama that rules today, and he/she's their self-proclaimed "God".
And it all started with the fall of the Ancient Kingdom an empire similar to the Roman one, the ones who upheld complete opposite beliefs of those that rule the World Government in the current One Piece World.
The Roman Empire is responsible for some of the laws we use still use like habeas corpus, pro bono publico or the right to have legal representation provided by the state if you can't afford, and they even had a system of social welfare, like the Lex Frumentaria, a law that garanteed wheat at a price lower than the market for every roman citizen and later became free wheat, they also invented the aqueducts (Pluton was built on Water 7 during the Void Century).

I believe a major war broke out between those two factions, one side fighting for freedom and equality between all races and the other side fighting to oppress, and unfortunately the Ancient Kingdom lost the war.
Perhaps they lost because some of their own betrayed them and gave away the blueprints of Pluton and Uranus to the enemy. Why do I think that?
The names of those two Ancient weapons hint at the only two nuclear devices used in warfare during World War II. The first nuclear device was an Uranium powered bomb detonated over Hiroshima. The second nuclear device was a Plutonium powered bomb detonated over Nagasaki. Both weapons were developed with the help of scientists that switched sides during the war. Pluton was said to be capable of Mass Destruction, just like a nuclear device would. That makes me believe Uranus has equal destructive power, but since we know next to nothing about Uranus, maybe only Pluton was built. But I definetely think they are both going to show up again during One Piece's final war.

This theory could explain what "D." truly means, "Demons".
The "Will of D." was the will of the "Demons", "God's Natural Enemy". They became that when they fought to overthrow the oppressors, The ones that called themselves "God and Saints". But they lost the war and what is now the head of The World Government made the new "rules" that stand in the current storyline.

DoFlamingo says at some point in Marineford:
"Justice will prevail, you say? But, of course, it will! Because whoever wins this war will become justice!".
And that's exactly what happened. "God" beat the "Demons" and became the head of what is now the World Government and their rules are now justice, they are the new face of justice.

That would also explain why not all "D." are inherently good people, like Blackbeard.
I think it's possible some people managed to escaped the Ancient Kingdom before it was wipped by it's own creation, Pluton, Uranus maybe both. Some of the escapees related to the true heirs of the "Will of D.", the ones that died fighting, and some related to the traitors of the "Will of D.", the ones who gave "God and The Saints" the blueprints for the weapons.
Those people possibly had children among them, who received the name "D." so they would carry the Will of their ancestors. But some of their ancestors wanted to fight for what was right, and others were willing to give up their own people in order to live and gain favor.
The traitors of the "Will of D." probably went on to become part of the new system of power in some way, and most likely abandoned any connection they had with possible survivors from their side.
I believe the first Nefertari King of Alabasta, a traitor according to the Gorosei, the one who refused to become a Celestial Dragon and stood on his Kingdom was the only one who regreted what happened during the war, that's why he didn't went to Mary Geoise.

If the Dark Ages of One Piece started in the Void Century, with the fall The Ancient Kingdom, a kingdom that is probably heavily inspired by the Roman Empire, I believe this period will only end when the Age of Enlightenment of One Piece starts. That can only happen when people know what happened in the true history written on the Poneglyphs.
The Straw Hats ship's motif is the Sun. Light. They are the ones who will uncover the true history and shed a light on the darkness plunged world ruled by the Celestial Dragons, and The Revolutionary Army's members are probably going to be the fulfilling the role of the thinkers of the Age of Enlightenment in the One Piece world. They know the true evil are the Celestial Dragons.

Now the last and heavy speculation, I think it's possible the Devil Fruits got the name "Devil" attached to them by someone like I'm-Sama a self proclaimed "God" because they were associated with the "Demons". "D." We already saw they can be manufactured, but so far only zoans. Who knows? The World Government current has a monopoly on Kairoseki, nature's hard counter to the "Devil" Fruits, I don't think that's a coincidence.
Perhaps the events that transpired during the Void Century were much darker and "Devil" Fruit users being hunted with the excuse of banishing the evil of the "Demons", in reality for their powers, and kept on Kairoseki concentration camps and branded with the "D."
And history was erased for a few reasons... So Im-Sama could appropriate the power of those fruits and become the invisible ruler while also concealing his and the Celestial Dragons origins, so they wouldn't need to worry about people challenging the status quo in the future. If nobody knows things were ever different why would they want change?

Another reason was to erase the knowledge of how the self proclaimed paragons of 'justice' actually came to be... Most people wouldn't support genocide. And a lot of people would question their current rulers if they knew something like it happened.
Most people don't question the rules. But there are pirates like Luffy, who are not affraid of challenging the rules and punching a Celestial Dragon in the face. That punch carries a lot more weight than people imagine. That was the "Will of D." manifesting itself in full glory. That's why Pirates are so dangerous, specially the ones with a "D." they are "Demons". "God's Natural Enemy" and set on a path to challenge the rules constantly. If a pirate goes too far and finds about the truth... if a "D." pirate does that... The "D." will bring the storm with them. And if someone ever finds the One Piece a War that will shake the foundations of that world will happen. The storm is coming...

FOR THOSE WHO READED THE WHOLE POST, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT?