Break Week Anyone else disappointed with how lackluster King turned out to be?

Tbh Katakuri, King, and Marco are all lacklusters.

All three of them has defensive hax, but they're offense simply cannot compete against top top tiers.

Katakuri failed to defeat WCI Luffy.

Marco did basically no damage to King or Queen.

King couldn't land a clean shot against Zoro who is fighting Enma.

:josad:

I hope Benn and Shiryu doesn't disappoint.

I'm fkng afraid Shiryu would turn out to be so weak he can only hide and the moment Zoro gets him he get oneshot.

King always looked pretty solid to me.

Had an entrancing backstory other than being an amazing fighter who put Zoro to the rope for a little. And that's quite difficult to achieve, expecially a Zoro being so potent.
magma dragon, durability superior than Kaido in hybrid, flying, his speed, etc...

King is op af, jack and queen cant compare.
:goyea:
Specialy considering one got rekdt by minks and the other's biggest trump card is germa abilities wich even Katakuri could deal with ez.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Tbh his fight with Zoro was fine until the final chapter, my only issue is that Oda had Zoro discover and exploit King's speed form off panel. Realistically the fight should've gone on for one more chapter just to explore that. But otherwise it's Zoro's longest fight and that's nothing to scoff at.

He did have a severe lack of presence through the arc which is upsetting. I would've liked it if he got something similar to Queen in Act 2. But for who he is and what his purpose is — to be a challenging fight for zoro — King accomplished his goal pretty well. 4/5 stars.

Katakuri and King served roles that were similar in some aspects but different in others. The Katakuri fight was meant to be a huge milestone in Luffy's journey as Kata was hailed as invincible by his family and crew, had Future Sight and came off as a better Luffy devil-fruit wise hence he also had awakening on top of a fruit he already used incredibly well to further emphasise his already apparent superiority. Conqueror's haki is also to show that Luffy's surpassing other capable people with significantly strong wills.

King on the other hand is Kaido's strongest subordinate and Zoro's arc fight in an arc with 2 Yonko. His overall strength isn't really affected by his role but the powers he showcases aren't gonna be like Katakuri's. No need for that. Awakening and Conqueror's haki would have been great additions for him but Future Sight is unnecessary when he specializes in durability rather than avoiding attacks. Conqueror's haki not being a power of his can also be explained and rationalised in King having an unwavering belief in Kaido's strength and being content with just serving under the strongest so nothing wrong with that, he made the most of his zoan and Lunarian abilities.

Personally both left an impact on me but Katakuri's role came off as more important since he was the MC's arc opponent and was respected by pretty much everyone in WCI whereas King is Zoro's arc opponent who's role pre-Onigashima was pretty limited but Oda did his best to make up for it in Onigashima. Strength-wise, they were both great and excelled in their respective fields, Katakuri with evading attacks and King with withstanding them.

Who’s king again? Oh you guys mean the discount Katakuri?
Post automatically merged:

The coolest thing about King is his race and the abilities associated with it. That’s literally it. The man is essentially carried by the abilities of his race

Just as Zoro is carried by Enma, it works both ways

I mean in terms of design, he’s pretty phenomenal cause in a way he represemts me and the homies and brings more diversity into the series

But character wise he’s like katakuri with a weak will and the need to worship his captain as some sort of diety

Last edited:
He was cool but then all that durability for speed or vice versa kinda ruined him, so if you dodge his attacks in his fire form, he is forced to change into Speed mode where he is kinda weak since he doesnt eve have proper hybird form... still hella strong tho.
Why would is he forced to change? If you can't hurt him it just an stall battle where one loses due haki drain.

His fire mode is unlimited white haki not.
Post automatically merged:

At least he is stronger than the 50 year boy who still lives at mama's house:kayneshrug:
King can leave the house at least .

King is cool character but he prove you don’t need coc to be top dogs. virve card never mention his coc.

I doubt shyrui would get one shot by stronger zoro , I hope

was any zoro opponents reach 100th place before ?

Tbh his fight with Zoro was fine until the final chapter, my only issue is that Oda had Zoro discover and exploit King's speed form off panel. Realistically the fight should've gone on for one more chapter just to explore that. But otherwise it's Zoro's longest fight and that's nothing to scoff at.

He did have a severe lack of presence through the arc which is upsetting. I would've liked it if he got something similar to Queen in Act 2. But for who he is and what his purpose is — to be a challenging fight for zoro — King accomplished his goal pretty well. 4/5 stars.
Zoro's longest fight? Not even close.