Questions & Mysteries Anyone else feel like quitting manga/anime altogether after OP ends?

C

CensoredbyWG

I´m currently following JJK, chainsaw man and OP. Those are the last ones i think i´m gonna watch tbh, i feel like i´m getting way too old for this type of stuff and the current generation of mangas SUCK compared to watch we had from late 90s to late 00s.

OP gonna retire me from this world of anime.

Isn´t kingdom based on that chinese tale of nations? it sounds boring af, does it have mythical powersystem to make up for it or something?
Nah it ain't boring imo. If you're into Chinese history then it's for you but if not then it's alright. And no, it does not have mythical power system or anything like that. Supernatural powers yes but not power system like Haki, Nen, Chakra or anything like that.

I´m currently following JJK, chainsaw man and OP. Those are the last ones i think i´m gonna watch tbh, i feel like i´m getting way too old for this type of stuff and the current generation of mangas SUCK compared to watch we had from late 90s to late 00s.

OP gonna retire me from this world of anime.
Not a fucking chance.

I have been enjoying anime and manga before Mid Piece even existed, and that means I will continue enjoying anime and manga after Mid Piece ends.

Isn´t kingdom based on that chinese tale of nations? it sounds boring af, does it have mythical powersystem to make up for it or something?
There is absolutely a power system, it just isn't mythical. A slave kid has to climb the rank from lone soldier to someone who can lead an army of 100s of thousands.

Imagine the Naruto world with all of those villages at constant war for hundreds of years. Rock, fire, leaf, stone, plus the minor ones like the rain. They were at 100, now there's only 7 left as they've crushed the others. Various states have different relationships with each other - alliances, betrayals etc. There are 'little finger' (GOT) characters who weasel up, create wars and try to rise in their political lives etc. Main character's state wants to unify it all.

Don't focus on the fact that it is 'china'. It could be any made up, fictional name you want. It has characters that would be considered gennin, chuunin, jounin elite joinin, kage etc. Each state would have their own equivalent of the Yonkou, if you like (Great Generals).

Main characters are from Qin.
The duels are quite spectacular. It's a very character-driven series where Generals are larger than life. Great Generals, even more so. Strategies and tactics meet bravery on the battlefield + brawn.

There is absolutely a power system, it just isn't mythical. A slave kid has to climb the rank from lone soldier to someone who can lead an army of 100s of thousands.

Imagine the Naruto world with all of those villages at constant war for hundreds of years. Rock, fire, leaf, stone, plus the minor ones like the rain. They were at 100, now there's only 7 left as they've crushed the others. Various states have different relationships with each other - alliances, betrayals etc. There are 'little finger' (GOT) characters who weasel up, create wars and try to rise in their political lives etc. Main character's state wants to unify it all.

Don't focus on the fact that it is 'china'. It could be any made up, fictional name you want. It has characters that would be considered gennin, chuunin, jounin elite joinin, kage etc. Each state would have their own equivalent of the Yonkou, if you like (Great Generals).

Main characters are from Qin.
The duels are quite spectacular. It's a very character-driven series where Generals are larger than life. Great Generals, even more so.
Imo, I considered this as world building instead of power system. But I can see your point. The rankings system is similar to Naruto ninjas.

No? I know a lot (ok, several, more than a few) people who read manga and Western comics who are in their 40s and 50s. There's no age limit to reading books. If you're frustrated with the tropes or cookie-cutter stories, maybe try something from a new genre. There's SO MUCH to read out there!

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
My bad.:pepecry:

But for real, do you think 3 Great Heavens would be perfect for 3 Admirals in position?
Not sure what you mean tbh lol.

But since the 3 Great Heavens are, on average, >= to the Qin 6, yes your metaphor was appropriate. Lol

But as for the topic as a whole, Kingdom’s power structure and world building takes a horrific shit on One Piece’s inconsistent clusterfuck of unexplained and undefined magic systems. But this is because Kingdom is a manga who’s target demographic is young adults while One Piece is targeting sniveling Dragonball tards.

Not sure what you mean tbh lol.

But since the 3 Great Heavens are, on average, >= to the Qin 6, yes your metaphor was appropriate. Lol

But as for the topic as a whole, Kingdom’s power structure and world building takes a horrific shit on One Piece’s inconsistent clusterfuck of unexplained and undefined magic systems. But this is because Kingdom is a manga who’s target demographic is young adults while One Piece is targeting sniveling Dragonball tards.
Aye. This is the right answer I'm looking for.:myman:

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
@Great General Kanki if we're using portrayal comparisons, 3 Great Heavens would be 3 Admirals, Qin 6 Great Generals would be Yonko while Wei 7 Fire Dragons would be the Shichibukai. Vice versa.
Comparing the Fire Dragons to the Warlords is the weirdest comparison imo.

All of the Warlords introduced so far have been important characters, whether allies or enemies, but 3/7 of the Fire Dragons died before the start of the manga lol.