Questions & Mysteries AOA - Ask Oda Anything

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
This isn’t happening for real, but I thought a misleading title would drive more traffic to this post :wellwell:

What I’d like to know, though, is if you had the opportunity to ask Oda a single question about something in One Piece that intrigues or bothers you, what would it be?

My question would be a simple one - why did he introduce Foxy/the Davy Back Fight when neither have had any bearing on the plot since then? Almost everyone or everything else that’s happened in the canon has come back or been mentioned in passing after the arc when they were created...as much as I hate Foxy, I think part of it is that I just don’t understand why he exists at all.

Why One Piece had at first enormous and disgusting / ugly feet.

Why giving 3 first Admirals uninteresting Logia Elementals Powers ( Lava, Ice and Light ) when the Gomu is so interesting and there are other ones like the Kilo Kilo, the Gas fruit, the Gura Gura who is cool plus Over Powered, the Diamond.

How are you working so hard for the last 25 years and enduring it ?
In France you would have finish One Piece Pice by making 4 Mangas of 210 pages and the rest in a novel. And that would have took you the same time.

Do you have charts, graphics, Tables, Schemes on you wall explaining the relations and Role of all your characters in One Piece ?
How do you remember Who is who and what would he do about what situation ?
Post automatically merged:

Off paneled battles sadden me but I admit that I believe that tons of Spin-off and movies will show those battles. When do the first 5 movies about theses will come out ?

Do you yourself know which character is stronger than which character ?
Or do the strenght of a character depend a lot of the plot ?

Do you chose to weaken, let's say, Kaidou and Crocodile for Luffy and Oden to take them out or you had already established their strenghts and found later a way for the good guys to beat them ?

If you had not draw Manga, but still had the same success in another activity.
Which activity would you choose ?

Which Disney and Which Ghibli is your favorite one ?

Do you get that someone like me has a lot, really a lot more interest in your Work than Terminator, The Lord of the Rings, Alien and other well known Saga combined that I know you like ?

How many Arcs you wanted to Add but couldn't because you still a human, and how many Movies with you writing the Scenario will we have ?

Okay. Let say : 4 Movies for 4 mains Off Paneled Battles. Mixed with :
The Story of Moriah. The Story of Kidd. The accident with Law and Koby. The Story of Rocks. The story of Crocodile.

We have easily 7 Movies.

Plus the "Normal" 7 New Movies on New Guys post Straw Hat Adventure.

We will have at least 14 Be Movies.

How many thousands of times did you draw Luffy ?

Last edited:
Of all the characters you created. Which design you like the most ?
Of others creators works, which design you like the most ?

Story time :

I asked a good friend not long ago which Fictional character would he choose as a Model, as an example of what he wanted to be as a person.
He choose Goon from Hunter x Hunter because Goon is Really Gentle and like Animals.

Which character would it be for you ?

😓

How many Boxes of fan-letters do you have ?

Of all the characters you created. Which design you like the most ?
Of others creators works, which design you like the most ?

Story time :

I asked a good friend not long ago which Fictional character would he choose as a Model, as an example of what he wanted to be as a person.
He choose Goon from Hunter x Hunter because Goon is Really Gentle and like Animals.

Which character would it be for you ?

😓
@Jew D. Boy same question :

Which character ( in all fiction ) would it be ?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
How many Boxes of fan-letters do you have ?

@Jew D. Boy same question :

Which character ( in all fiction ) would it be ?
A little off topic, but as much as I love Luffy as a protagonist, I don’t think he’s much of a role model. When I was a kid, I really liked Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho - he was a hard ass and thought he was the toughest guy in the world, but he still had a soft spot for the people he loved and would do anything for them. I realize this would also describe Yusuke Urameshi, Hiei, and a shitload of other shonen characters...I guess the fact that he worked as hard at school as he did at fighting, and the pompadour set him apart in my mind :laughmoji:

A little off topic, but as much as I love Luffy as a protagonist, I don’t think he’s much of a role model. When I was a kid, I really liked Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho - he was a hard ass and thought he was the toughest guy in the world, but he still had a soft spot for the people he loved and would do anything for them. I realize this would also describe Yusuke Urameshi, Hiei, and a shitload of other shonen characters...I guess the fact that he worked as hard at school as he did at fighting, and the pompadour set him apart in my mind :laughmoji:

Pompadour guy I didn't know.

🌻

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Why didnt Sanji defeat anyone in WCI whilst Luffy fought everyone
I'll one up you.

Why did you undue the one chance for character development in WCI, by having Pudding remove Sanji's memory of their kiss? Did you want that arc to have no greater significance to the story? Or do you want to keep Sanji womanizing so you don't have to change up gags? Are you just lazy?