Break Week Aramaki broke Shanks' character

Did Shanks have to contradict his character in order to stand up to Aramaki?

• Ovbiously

• I'm illiterate so no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah, it felt weird for Shanks to lecture another guy about fair play. Especially when Greenbull was up against a massive force solo lol.
how is it weird? dude has been an automatic bullshit dispenser since day 1. or did you think he had an actual treasure map on him when he tried to dupe buggy into doing his bidding back in MF?
'old friend do as i say and then i'll give you something you really like - even though i don't have it :usoprice:'

'this fruit you ate right now is gomu gomu no mi, and not nika nika no mi at all:usoprice:'

"I'm not accusing you of fighting dirty"
This already answers your question.
...Except he does accuse him of fighting dirty, he just doesn't wanna state it.
Shanks also said nobody messes with one of his friends, and when one of those Pirates that are injured and recovering from a battle against two Emperors, happens to be one of Shanks friends, then he's sticking true to his convictions.
Why he did nothing to Kaido when he was messing with his friends for 20yrs?
:choppawhat:

Uh Shanks didn't know that

Shanks didn't know that as well

He literally thinks that Momo and Hiryori are grown up.

Also, you didn't answer the question if it's alright to kill Shanks' friends
The assumptions was they were dead for the past 20 years. Him knowing they are now alive, means they would be all grown up.

And this happened 20 years ago when Shanks was still a teenager. He didn't become capable of standing against Kaido until 6 years ago, when he became a Yonko. Are you saying he should have launched a 20 year revenge quest? What's done was done. It's in the past.

But what was the first thing he did, when he learned they were still alive? He sailed to Wano....

Uh Shanks didn't know that

Shanks didn't know that as well

He literally thinks that Momo and Hiryori are grown up.

This just highlights one of the issues with the set up that Oda tried doing for Wano and having Shanks coming in afterwards to act all self-righteous.

All of a sudden he’s now concerned about Momo & Hiyori but didn’t take action for several years until Luffy decided to by happenstance.

It just makes his display of anger look empty.

The assumptions was they were dead for the past 20 years. Him knowing they are now alive, means they would be all grown up
Wha? When did he find out that they are alive???

And this happened 20 years ago when Shanks was still a teenager. He didn't become capable of standing against Kaido until 6 years ago, when he became a Yonko. Are you saying he should have launched a 20 year revenge quest?
uh yea? Attack Kaido as soon as possible? As for Rayleigh's help?

What's done was done. It's in the past
So if you kill Shanks' friend, that's it? He doesn't care about it anymore?
Post automatically merged:

All of a sudden he’s now concerned about Momo & Hiyori
There have to be trash characters in order to make good characters "good"

Wha? When did he find out that they are alive???

uh yea? Attack Kaido as soon as possible? As for Rayleigh's help?

So if you kill Shanks' friend, that's it? He doesn't care about it anymore?
He's a Yonko.... What do you mean how did he find out? The Yonko's have massive information networks....

So, you think he should have just obsessed over revenge against Kaido, for over a decade and a half? What's up with you guys, and thinking people should obsessively seek revenge....

He would care... But what good would putting his own crew in harms way over a selfish revenge quests accomplish? Who the hell would want to follow a man hell bent on revenge, that would put their own safety at risks in the process? You're not dealing with some run of the mill Pirate crew here.... The potential of others dying for your own selfishness is real when faced against another Yonko.

He's a Yonko.... What do you mean how did he find out? The Yonko's have massive information networks....
so your headcanon?

Big Mom is the one with information network, not Shanks. Why are you giving him her information network?

Shanks is literally wondering about Momo and Hiyori "I SUPPOSE momo and hiyori are all grown up now"
It wouldn't even make sense for Shanks to know that shit because events happened in closed off country and Momo grew with magical powers lmao
So, you think he should have just obsessed over revenge against Kaido, for over a decade and a half? What's up with you guys, and thinking people should obsessively seek revenge....
He would care... But what good would putting his own crew in harms way over a selfish revenge quests accomplish? Who the hell would want to follow a man hell bent on revenge, that would put their own safety at risks in the process? You're not dealing with some run of the mill Pirate crew here.... The potential of others dying for your own selfishness is real when faced against another Yonko.
so answer the question, if someone killed Shanks friend, would he do something about it or not?

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Shanks became a cornball. Used to think the character was cool but 10 more years of all talk no action destroyed him.

He's like Itachi if he did nothing throughout Naruto. Only acting the part.

Woah such a hypocrite. Chad GB must have just ignore that loser and got his job done.
Well not easy when an entire Yonko crew threatens to jump you from behind. Shanks would rather cut off his other arm than to propose Greenbull a fair 1 on 1 fight. Everyone in the Navy knows his fraud tactics.
Post automatically merged:

Man couldnt care less about them lol.