Questions & Mysteries Are Ashura and Ifrit Jambe the same manifestations of Will that will become Devil Fruits

The foundation of Vega's theory is that of longing, as he himself states, " Devil fruits are a manifestation of desire to see how different paths of evolution can play out", he goes on to state what said person would think, " Gee I wish I could", " If only we could do", now this is poignant because it explains the backbone of his entire theory. Desire, longing and wishing, the strongest emotion is that of desperation, the deep desire to want something that you can never have, it drives people mad. Vega theorizes that such strong feelings manifest themselves into reality.

An example would be of a boy with the dream to fly, he obsesses over it day after day, until he reaches old age and dies with this desire in his heart. Vega believes that this strong longing would then manifest itself into a devil fruit that when consumed, would give one wings and then they'd be able to fulfill this dream. In Zoro and Sanji's case, they didn't express any desire to manifest these powers, they are simply a physical expression of their fighting spirit.

Even if we say it's born from desire then we are still missing the core aspect which is desperation; they have already made these "desires" into reality, going back to the example of the boy, if we related him to Zoro and Sanji it would be as if he sprouted wings one day after jumping off a cliff attempting to fly, in this case there would be no more longing for it since it's been achieved. The more apt comparison would be of Sanji's wish to turn invisible, this is the closer comparison but we know such a devil fruit already exists.

If I misunderstood anything please clarify it for me.

No, Sanji’s power ups are entirely Daddy genes based… not haki based

Oda hasn’t explained what Ashura is
Sanji powers have nothing to do with his father
That's dye to sora drug and him having emotions
Post automatically merged:

Ifrit Jambe reminds me of french fries. Its a dumbass move.
Asura has the name of gods. I chad move.

Never mention both in the same sentence again.
Okeh?
Stop being a troll

Everyone can make fire, Katakuri can make fire, Luffy can make fire, Zoro can make BLUE FIRE PRE TIME SKIP, Doflamingo can make fire

fire seems to be some vague ability anyone can do

The only explanation given by Oda regarding Sanji’s fire is that his daddy genes make him more fire resistant than normal

so it’s not haki, it’s Daddy genes

Ashura remains the most inexplicable ability in the verse to the point that ONLY Zoro can do it in the entire verse… we’ve literally seen every top tier fight (except that Bum Dragon) and no one can do it and no one can even explain what it is…

If that's the case then Ashura would be a mythical Zoan.

As for Ifrit Jambe, there's already the Mera fruit so I don't know if Oda is gonna make another Logia fruit of blue fire.

Again Ashura is totally different what Ifrit Jambe...
Sanji was genetically modified and there's a high possiblity he got lunarian Genes as well.
Pyrokenesis is lunarians trait.

Where's ashura is something totally different.
There's no genes involved , only Will...

Both luffy and zoro cam generate flames right now.
But sanji and luffy can't output anything closer to ashura.
Wrong. The genetic modifications of the Vinsmokes were represented by thier comic book counterparts. Sanji's would have been invisibility, but that failed. That's why Judge and his siblings kept calling him a failure, even after seeing DJ a dozen times.
Post automatically merged:

No, Sanji’s power ups are entirely Daddy genes based… not haki based

Oda hasn’t explained what Ashura is
The Exoskeleton, yes. Diable Jambe, no.

Last edited: