Theory Are Devil Fruits able to evolve?

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Hey Guys,

Another thread (Powers & Abilities - If Zoro died would he leave an asura fruit? | Worstgen ) brought me to some idea.

Is it possible that Devil Fruits have some origin and can evolve in combination with strong users?

Let me explain. If we in particual take a look at the Hito Hito No Mi; Model Nika, then we have a fruit, specificly concentrated about a “god”. When we think about the “gods” we saw before, they were always people in some specific positions, but no really some mystical creature, living since eternity and so on. In my opinion, Gods as entity feels deeply wrong in the OP Universe. So expect Nika to be a existing person before.

What if the Hito Hito No Mi: Nika originaly WAS the Gomu Gomu No Mi, but it was used to his borders and above by an extremely strong person (i.e. Nika), it kinda got combined with his strength/soul and was reborn as an evolved fruit, the Hito Hito No Mi: Nika. A paramecia switched to a Zoan, since it was a combination of a person and an original fruit.

Same thing could have happened to the Uo Uo no Mi, Model: Seiryu. It could have been some Fish-fruit (Uo Uo) and then evolved to the dragon it is now. Maybe even Kaido was able to trigger that evolution somehow, or it happened since a Dragon ate that fruit or something. (Now i trigger so ZKK fans, i don’t want it, but yeah...) It could even be the dragon Ryuuma killed.

(some meme for fun:

Maybe this is also connected to the Buddha fruit, which was originally something else, but in combination with a real person, i.e. Buddha, it evolved to specifically that fruit, since a “Buddha” is something more or less unknown in that world.

I even think alot of fruits could be evolved fruit from others. This could also explain why some fruits have some extreme strength, and others are comparely weak, even tho they idea sounds great. Like Buggy, it is used very weak and we always thought this because of Buggy himself, but what if his DF is still just limited, since nobody strong in the past was able to evolve it?

Before i get to deep... this could also mean some new fruits can be created by strong persons to die, maybe thats the origin of DFs itself. So we maybe could get some Hito Hito No Mi: Luffy, or Hito Hito No Mi: Zoro in the far feature. Or an Hito Hito No Mi: Gol D. Roger.

What do you think about that spontaneaous thought/theory?

Let me know. :D

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
To me, Devil Fruit mastery depends on the IQ and talent of the user.

One will spam Fire Fists like Ace, the other will awaken it ( Sabo will do it ).

So I don't know how did you get to the "evolution process". Evolution to me means that there is something after mastering ur Devil Fruit but wouldn't that just be Awakening?

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
To me, Devil Fruit mastery depends on the IQ and talent of the user.

One will spam Fire Fists like Ace, the other will awaken it ( Sabo will do it ).

So I don't know how did you get to the "evolution process". Evolution to me means that there is something after mastering ur Devil Fruit but wouldn't that just be Awakening?
Awaking means to use the DF also on your surroundings and it seems that the awakaning is well known already. I think the evolution of a DF happens after that awakaning, a final phase where you change the whole point of your DF. Like mixing the DF with strong CoC, so part of the Soul of the User gets mixed with the DF itself. It could also explain why "zoan fruits" seem to have their own “will”, mentioned by the gorosei. Because the Zoan fruits are mixed between others and the sould of a living creature.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Awaking means to use the DF also on your surroundings and it seems that the awakaning is well known already. I think the evolution of a DF happens after that awakaning, a final phase where you change the whole point of your DF. Like mixing the DF with strong CoC, so part of the Soul of the User gets mixed with the DF itself. It could also explain why "zoan fruits" seem to have their own “will”, mentioned by the gorosei. Because the Zoan fruits are mixed between others and the sould of a living creature.
You are impressed too much by Luffy's devil fruit abilities. You must realize that not everyone gets a cheat code legendary Devil Fruit.

Kidd won't evolve from Magnetism to Gravity fruit.

Sabo won't evolve from Flames to Magma and etc.

Luffy's case is like Kaido's. They have one of the rarest fruits out there which do so many things.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
You are impressed too much by Luffy's devil fruit abilities. You must realize that not everyone gets a cheat code legendary Devil Fruit.

Kidd won't evolve from Magnetism to Gravity fruit.

Sabo won't evolve from Flames to Magma and etc.

Luffy's case is like Kaido's. They have one of the rarest fruits out there which do so many things.
Its just an theory. And "rarest fruits" sounds interesting when we consider every DF only existing once at a time.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
just watched the anime. Don’t know about the inherited will.
Abilities* not will, it ain't some shitty one-piece motive.

They are not for everyone, there are specific clans for example and once upon a time Sorcerer is born with a clan's ability which was used by previous clan members who mastered the ability over time but the next sorcerer was born with this inherited ability can elevate that ability even further. ( I might've butchered some words but this is tl;dr of how it looks ).

So for example Top Tier from that clan in the year 1500 will be weaker than Top Tier from the same clan living in 1600.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Abilities* not will, it ain't some shitty one-piece motive.

They are not for everyone, there are specific clans for example and once upon a time Sorcerer is born with a clan's ability which was used by previous clan members who mastered the ability over time but the next sorcerer was born with this inherited ability can elevate that ability even further. ( I might've butchered some words but this is tl;dr of how it looks ).

So for example Top Tier from that clan in the year 1500 will be weaker than Top Tier from the same clan living in 1600.
Looks like some similarities of my idea yeah. But not like someone randomly then gets the inherit will/ability, its just the DF itself evolves into the next step and gets reborn as the evolved fruit at the next reborn. And whoever ate it, can evolve it further if he gets strong enough. So, thats just my theory randomly. And i dont see much points which goes against that so far. :D

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
But not like someone randomly then gets the inherit will/ability, its just the DF itself evolves into the next step and gets reborn as the evolved fruit at the next reborn. And whoever ate it, can evolve it further if he gets strong enough
Yeah, it's pretty much-inherited ability alike.

Tho we would have to get a track record of previous users of some op fruits. Ace is lame as fuck to use for a measure since he was dumb and only spam one move.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Yeah, it's pretty much-inherited ability alike.

Tho we would have to get a track record of previous users of some op fruits. Ace is lame as fuck to use for a measure since he was dumb and only spam one move.
Thats why i didnt used Ace as example. I thought about Nika as Person before, Buddha as theoritacly person before and Kaido as an Ou Ou No Mi, while Dragon.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Thats why i didnt used Ace as example. I thought about Nika as Person before, Buddha as theoritacly person before and Kaido as an Ou Ou No Mi, while Dragon.
What should help or not with ur theory/idea is if we get to see what Joyboy did with this fruit ( I think it's safe to assume he was the user of Nika fruit ) would be very weird if he wasn't.

I don't think so.
Like there are two perspectives. Outside one piece world and inside it.
We know they are named Mythical and many aspects of one piece world are referred to as the real-world stuff.
This Nika is definitely something from in-universe of one piece, unlike others.
But is still treated as mythical which basically makes nika a myth. I doubt oda will go with the evolution which you are talking about especially when he did not even handle DFs properly yet.
If he did want to go that route I would say he could have used Model JoyBoy instead....since he is also the same as Luffy and technically should have an evolved fruit after him. Even storytelling would be better than using some random Nika.
And questions do arise... Like say Nika ate Gomu Gomu and now there is no Gomu Gomu but just Nika. And someone eats this Nika fruit and then evolves into just another Hito Hito which is pretty much the same but with a different person's name.
Since we are talking about evolution it will be expected to evolve continuously...but not happening. It's just a Paramecia/Logia becoming Zoan in the end.
A better evolution would be something like what BB did, He has two DF now..and let's say it combines into one DF...then someone else eats this DF and some other DF and so on...basically collecting back all the DF powers and potentially reaching to some kind of origin..like big bang first they got separated and then they come back into a black hole....maybe that person would be a god.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Devil fruits and swords were introduced as living beings in the verse so they are at least capable of intelligence and I guess adaptive intelligence is a component

However can they train somehow? They can likely remember the memories of the previous users but I don't think they can transfer them to the new users to make them stronger in that more experienced, I think Nika was probably crazily special from the get go

Hey Guys,

Another thread (Powers & Abilities - If Zoro died would he leave an asura fruit? | Worstgen ) brought me to some idea.

Is it possible that Devil Fruits have some origin and can evolve in combination with strong users?

Let me explain. If we in particual take a look at the Hito Hito No Mi; Model Nika, then we have a fruit, specificly concentrated about a “god”. When we think about the “gods” we saw before, they were always people in some specific positions, but no really some mystical creature, living since eternity and so on. In my opinion, Gods as entity feels deeply wrong in the OP Universe. So expect Nika to be a existing person before.

What if the Hito Hito No Mi: Nika originaly WAS the Gomu Gomu No Mi, but it was used to his borders and above by an extremely strong person (i.e. Nika), it kinda got combined with his strength/soul and was reborn as an evolved fruit, the Hito Hito No Mi: Nika. A paramecia switched to a Zoan, since it was a combination of a person and an original fruit.

Same thing could have happened to the Uo Uo no Mi, Model: Seiryu. It could have been some Fish-fruit (Uo Uo) and then evolved to the dragon it is now. Maybe even Kaido was able to trigger that evolution somehow, or it happened since a Dragon ate that fruit or something. (Now i trigger so ZKK fans, i don’t want it, but yeah...) It could even be the dragon Ryuuma killed.

(some meme for fun:

Maybe this is also connected to the Buddha fruit, which was originally something else, but in combination with a real person, i.e. Buddha, it evolved to specifically that fruit, since a “Buddha” is something more or less unknown in that world.

I even think alot of fruits could be evolved fruit from others. This could also explain why some fruits have some extreme strength, and others are comparely weak, even tho they idea sounds great. Like Buggy, it is used very weak and we always thought this because of Buggy himself, but what if his DF is still just limited, since nobody strong in the past was able to evolve it?

Before i get to deep... this could also mean some new fruits can be created by strong persons to die, maybe thats the origin of DFs itself. So we maybe could get some Hito Hito No Mi: Luffy, or Hito Hito No Mi: Zoro in the far feature. Or an Hito Hito No Mi: Gol D. Roger.

I understand what you are trying to say. It is basically like if the devil fruit that king has takes over his lunarian abilities and next time someone eats it, he will have the abilities of king as well.

It is and interesting idea. I will not dismiss it.
Let’s wait and find out the origin of the fruits first.
I always used to think that the ancient kingdom created them, but now it seems to look like they existed before as well.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
I understand what you are trying to say. It is basically like if the devil fruit that king has takes over his lunarian abilities and next time someone eats it, he will have the abilities of king as well.

It is and interesting idea. I will not dismiss it.
Let’s wait and find out the origin of the fruits first.
I always used to think that the ancient kingdom created them, but now it seems to look like they existed before as well.
Yeah, maybe his lunarian abilities, but it would require King to evolve the fruit and i think he didnt broke that "border".

I just think, this maybe could explain why Zoan fruits have "their own will", like mentioned by the gorosei. The "will" could be implemented by this evolution, since it partly has the soul of the previous user. This is also why the Nika fruit seemed to "run away" from the government. Joyboy never would wanted it to get into the government hands.

B

Ballel

Hey Guys,

(some meme for fun:

that's a really good theory and makes a lot of sense.
In dressrosa, there was Sabo making a remark that made it sound as if Ace's will is now within the mera mera no mi.