General & Others Are there any Zoro fans who actually like Sanji or vice versa i.e. are there any Sanji fans that also like Zoro?

Which are you?

• Total voters
Seems like on here that either you are a Zoro fan and hate Sanji or you are a Sanji fan and hate Zoro. Before I started to hate everything One Piece (before Wano) I used to like both Sanji and Zoro but I don't think people like that exist anymore lol.
I am a fan of Zoro's obviously. :myman:

I don't hate the Cook, but I will NEVER stop making fun of him. :milaugh:

Seems like on here that either you are a Zoro fan and hate Sanji or you are a Sanji fan and hate Zoro. Before I started to hate everything One Piece (before Wano) I used to like both Sanji and Zoro but I don't think people like that exist anymore lol.
Lee666 go back to spamming One Piece sucks threads

Are you a bringer of peace? This is worstgen, the epitome of Zoro vs Sanji and you have to pick aside

I still admire zoro more than Sanji generally ..but that doesn't take away from sanji
sanji might seem cliche but the dood's utterly bizarre and obscure . as much as i like zoro for his philosophy, how his ambitions underlie it, his growth from it.., how oda emanates his character through stern and at times rational portrayal, also someone of his stature being a subordinate to someone.. in addition to Mihawks words about him after zoro begs him to supervise him... about his unbending personality.

Then Chopper as the newbie asking zoro about his reason for join and zoro giving a great answer.. basically every one has their own reason, it requires them to function as a team, and being willing to risk it all for one another.., but how come they ended up in such a bond is something zoro doesn't understand get.. its elusive even to him...

But then thriller bark happens. The fact that someone like zoro is willing to risk his ambitions he vows to kill luffy for.. to save him instead... Mihawk's words are just on point describing Zoro.

Zoro has formed that bond with luffy and was even highlighted now that zoro is ready to become the King of hell for luffy.

i can go on and on about how zoro treats his ambitions through his acts and what a stoic and profound character he is.. just love the dood.

on the flip side of the coin
Oda writes sanji's character in a very bizarre way.. less chained by his ambitions way more liberated as a person.. until his ideals chokehold him, which induce plots for Sanji's character hence his recent growth in character.. but that aside he's a very unpredictable and intriguing character.. lives in his own world literally.. he isn't a linear character at all when it comes to thought process like zoro or luffy who think about their interests meaning whatever they prefer ... sanji isn't like that...
unlike them he ponders.. always in mood where he's reminiscing and pondering here and there

There is a reason why this moment was SOOO GOOD and frigging SPECTACULAR

or NOW this one too

its as if oda lets sanji loose in the story as a independent entity.. thinks by himself never expresses it, very self-introspective, observant as all hell and super involved yet is his own thing you see his individuality from the story in here and there ... even in moments others shine through him like the "Nothing happened" moment for zoro... oda forces you to wonder what's going on inside sanji's head by making him concerned about what gapped after all this and hearing from they who witnessed it and never expressing how he feels about it personally..

and unlike zoro.. the more the world knows less about sanji the greater he becomes in our eyes as readers ... it has been a consistent thing until now and i dont want the infamy sanji gets after wano overshadow this aspect of sanji like the whole Post TS has done tbh by highlighting one aspect disproportionately (simp).. sanji can still be a threat to Marines without oda highlighting his popularity.. or however he wants to go about it

there are only scant few characters that share such a trait.. one is definitive brook.. the living dead-kun it has always been a fascinating thought to hear how someone who doesn't belong to this ear and has a life time of experience with a crew... just what does he think about.

You see what's missing this Time skip ye..
its right to say James bond is missing but its misleading as well... coz what makes James bond.. "james bond"

its his way of doing things

Sanji as a character is a whole rabbit hole of complex and beautiful characteristics (simping is exempted).. i havent even gone touched the topic of how minute his dream in comparison to luffy and zoro.. you realize how humble his character is and oda made it such.. in parallel to the one and only

OYAAAAJIIII

and how its completion meaning the most to him solely.. that level fulfillment and happiness only known to him...things like this.. THIS CONCEPT JUST BEAUTIFUL something no one is after.. and the smile that world will never know about except for those close to him

all and all.. i wanna see where the Shimotsuki plot takes zoro's character.

atm imo the most intriguing character in OnePiece and the most unique straw hat in terms of character its none other than

Vinsmoke Sanji
Post automatically merged:

I have no problem with zoro but his fans are so.......
@spawn are you a visionary?

Last edited:
At the end of the day this is just a fictional series, factions should not exist. One could very well like both if they find intriguing traits for both, without caring about fandoms being loud.

My dislike of sanji is independent of me being a zoro fan. I just don’t particularly care for a sex predator who’s perverted gags have been run to the ground :choppawhat:
Right! If I was Oda, Sanji would slowly stop simping over thots; He needs some discipline. Can do the gags, with girls we care about, or care about Sanji. So I can take Sanji with/one woman a little more serious. The Pudding and Sanji dynamic was good, because Sanji was being a loser, believe in a women he barely knows, and she took his lunch. That shouldve matured him a bit, but Oda had to be a clown and keep Sanji perverted.

I used to simply feel neutral on Sanji as a character and really liked his battles, but ever since that bullshit he pulled with Khalifa, playing tea party with her and toying with Robin's life I've came to despise Sanji, and that's not mentioning how lackluster his fights became since the timeskip.

By the way am I the only one that thinks that Oda somehow made Sanji worse with that sorry attempt of a character rewrite, that he's the "nicest guy ever"? What kind of bullshit was that?
I also think that it’s weird how Oda tried to use WCI to state that Sanji is the kindest SH. That statement annoys me more than his overused pervert gags. It’s lazy writing because it is Oda just telling us Sanji is kind. Yes, he is kind and isn’t this evil character, but there are plenty of moments where Oda shows us how Sanji can be an asshole. Stories are more entertaining when authors use the show don’t tell method. I think Sanji is the kindest Vinsmoke, but saying he is the kindest SH is wrong when Chopper is part of the crew.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I like Sanji. I like how versatile of a character he is. Oda can play with him more than he can most of the Straw Hats, and while that might be a detriment to some and can lead to what seem like "questionable" choices, they can also spark some brilliance in the story.

He's a cook who can kick ass. That's not common in a Shonen action manga, so he's very unique in that sense.

I used to simply feel neutral on Sanji as a character and really liked his battles, but ever since that bullshit he pulled with Khalifa, playing tea party with her and toying with Robin's life I've came to despise Sanji, and that's not mentioning how lackluster his fights became since the timeskip.

By the way am I the only one that thinks that Oda somehow made Sanji worse with that sorry attempt of a character rewrite, that he's the "nicest guy ever"? What kind of bullshit was that?
I agree, I think Oda couldn’t come up with any defining personality trait for Sanji (other than pervert) so he was forced to make up that whole kindest Straw Hat thing which completely contradicts how Sanji was written before WCI.

Here on WG most Zoro fans dont care about Sanji, but every Sanji fan here hates Zoro or anyone connected to Zoro

Zoro fan here tend to over exaggerate Zoro's level

Sanji fans here try to bring down Zoro and overate Sanji
"Every Sanji fan here" Sanji is my favourite character and Zoro is my 2nd-3rd fav character and trust me, I never underrate him lmao.

Im pretty sure if i tried i can find a post you did saying nonsense
My biggest post on here is likely my straw hat tier list in which I placed Zoro closer to Luffy than Sanji and another big one I made was calling out Kid and Law fans for saying they're stronger than Zoro. Recently I made a post saying that I think Enies Lobby Zoro could beat Enies Lobby Sanji without asura. Is that enough?
Post automatically merged:

Shaha going back I think I may have had one disagreement with you on the Luffy-Zoro-Sanji power gap but I did some rereading of earlier fights in the series as well as looking at the feats in wano and my most consistent take is Luffy>Zoro>>Sanji.

Looking at the Kaku/Jabra fights, realizing Zoro could already defeat Jabra thru steel cutting, and looking at the Luffy-Zoro parallels throughout the series and especially this arc made me reconsider some opinions that my earlier posts may have shared.

To top it off ZKK is a theory I have supported for a long time now.

Despite all this though, Sanji is still my fav character and the reasons why I enjoy him aren't based on powerlevel bullshit.

Last edited: