Future Events At This Point, Sabo is More Likely to Confront Imu Sama than Sakazuki

Who defeats Sakazuki?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
This is Sabo's timeline since the Reverie:
  • Sabo led to Revolutionary Army to invade Mariejoa and declare war on the Celestial Dragons
    • During this declaration of war, they clashed with the Admirals
    • They also rescued Kuma
  • The Gorosei framed Sabo for the assassination of King Cobra
    • He may be connected to Vivi's disappearance
  • Sabo took refuge on Lulusia Kingdom
    • The Revolutionary Army helped liberate Lulusia Kingdom from pirates
    • Lulusia Kingdom recently had a revolution and kicked out their royal family
    • Ace had previously visited Lulusia Kingdom and benefited from the hospitality of a young girl there
  • Sabo learned of Imu sama's existence
    • He's the first non Celestial Dragon named character to have learned this
  • Sabo just witnessed Imu sama destroy Lulusia
    • Imu sama may have targeted Lulusia because of Sabo's presence

I don't actually expect Sabo to fight Imu sama, but as we can see, Sabo has been the protagonist of the Revolutionary Army and has been the one to advance their plot thread of opposing the Celestial Dragons and the World Government.

The idea of Sabo fighting Sakazuki to:
  • Get vengeance for Ace
  • Overcome the Magu Magu no Mi

Is just blind to Sabo's actual character arc. Sabo is not just Ace 2.0; he as his own character arc and story separate from Luffy and Ace (Sabo hasn't ever indicated any desire to get vengeance for Ace, and as for protecting Luffy, Luffy doesn't need his protection anymore). Sabo's story going forward will be driven by his role as the focal point for the Revolutionary Army.

As I mentioned earlier, Sabo is the protagonist of the Revolutionary Army. He's intimately connected to the future storyline of the Revolutionary Army.

The Revolutionary Army's opposition to the World Government and Celestial Dragons is unlikely to lead Sabo to clash against the Fleet Admiral.

It seems likely that Navy HQ will be dealt with by pirates.

Sabo has never even once mentioned Sakazuki's existence, or indicated any interest in challenging him in particular or Navy HQ in general.

Honestly, I think the Sabo vs Sakazuki takes are just agenda driven powerscaling cancer. People don't want Luffy to fight Sakazuki after the Emperors because of their precious agenda, so they completely ignore the story and narrative to contort a battle they find more palatable.

It's all very silly IMO.

Good post.Luffy vs Sakazuki 100% needs to happen,Luffy still feels pain in his scar whenever someone mentions that guy.They will fight.I think Imu will either be a spandam/orochi type of villain or a Madara/Oars type of villain that will need to fight everyone to eventually lose.
Post automatically merged:

I think it is pretty clear Imu attacked Lulusia Kingdom just because of Sabo.Even the gorosei mentions he is a unlucky man.

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Nope, the The denial crazy but it’s finally kicking in. imu the big bad not the mid arc boss Akainu.

Sabo deals with him. Proves his PK potential by beating a high top tier despite a matchup disadvantage. That simply, dragon hype tooled by imu, he has virtually no connection to the admirals.
This is the agenda driven powerscaling idiocy I was talking about.

This argument has nothing to do with narrative or story and appeals to powerscaling headcanons.

This is the agenda driven powerscaling idiocy I was talking about.

This argument has nothing to do with narrative or story and appeals to powerscaling headcanons.
Is it any dumber, then dismissing a direct personal connection between 2 characters?? Especially For this superficial nonsense…. Ur whole damn argument basically blah blah he saw imu. Like wtf u want people to think about this nonsense?

I, an most others can make a far more convincing case for an Akainu matchup then this piss poor attempt. As the characters are already directly connected, an have literally multiple direct ties. While at least much more then something as Mandane as he saw imu.

An Sabo PK lvl potential is part of his overall story narrative… so option that can adhere to that in of itself narratively sound

Last edited:
Sabo sees Imu for a glimpse second and he got a thunder cloud struck on his ass and the island he's on. I doubt Sabo would ever confront Imu again. Luffy will be the one that beats both Akainu and Imu.

This is Sabo's timeline since the Reverie:
  • Sabo led to Revolutionary Army to invade Mariejoa and declare war on the Celestial Dragons
    • During this declaration of war, they clashed with the Admirals
    • They also rescued Kuma
  • The Gorosei framed Sabo for the assassination of King Cobra
    • He may be connected to Vivi's disappearance
  • Sabo took refuge on Lulusia Kingdom
    • The Revolutionary Army helped liberate Lulusia Kingdom from pirates
    • Lulusia Kingdom recently had a revolution and kicked out their royal family
    • Ace had previously visited Lulusia Kingdom and benefited from the hospitality of a young girl there
  • Sabo learned of Imu sama's existence
    • He's the first non Celestial Dragon named character to have learned this
  • Sabo just witnessed Imu sama destroy Lulusia
    • Imu sama may have targeted Lulusia because of Sabo's presence

I don't actually expect Sabo to fight Imu sama, but as we can see, Sabo has been the protagonist of the Revolutionary Army and has been the one to advance their plot thread of opposing the Celestial Dragons and the World Government.

The idea of Sabo fighting Sakazuki to:
  • Get vengeance for Ace
  • Overcome the Magu Magu no Mi

Is just blind to Sabo's actual character arc. Sabo is not just Ace 2.0; he as his own character arc and story separate from Luffy and Ace (Sabo hasn't ever indicated any desire to get vengeance for Ace, and as for protecting Luffy, Luffy doesn't need his protection anymore). Sabo's story going forward will be driven by his role as the focal point for the Revolutionary Army.

As I mentioned earlier, Sabo is the protagonist of the Revolutionary Army. He's intimately connected to the future storyline of the Revolutionary Army.

The Revolutionary Army's opposition to the World Government and Celestial Dragons is unlikely to lead Sabo to clash against the Fleet Admiral.

It seems likely that Navy HQ will be dealt with by pirates.

Sabo has never even once mentioned Sakazuki's existence, or indicated any interest in challenging him in particular or Navy HQ in general.

Honestly, I think the Sabo vs Sakazuki takes are just agenda driven powerscaling cancer. People don't want Luffy to fight Sakazuki after the Emperors because of their precious agenda, so they completely ignore the story and narrative to contort a battle they find more palatable.

It's all very silly IMO.
Imu is for Dragon I believe

Luffy will only fight Sakazuki if the battle occurs before Imu. If the battle happens simultaneously, someone else has to fight Akainu, which is why people think it will Sabo, since other than Luffy he's the only one with a connection to Ace.

Luffy's dream involves freedom and therefore Imu, so the one standing in his way is Imu. Akainu at this point is a side quest.

Sabo might die to Imu to hype him/her up or at least be severely injured then Luffy beats Imu.
Think for sure someone will die to hype Imu, but believe most likely will be Garp, he is one of the few D. clan left and would be impactfull for Luffy, Dragon, Koby and a lot of the "good guys" in the navy, like a turning point for them to go against the WG.

Doubt that Sabo will die after soo many fake deaths, most likely he will become the next leader of the Revos after Dragon death in the Final War and kind like the military leader of the Reorganized WG.

Thing is I know Luffy will have to be the one to defeat Imu and I’m sure Dragon will definitely be involved w Imu in one way or another. I can see the scenario where Sabo gets Akainu to keep him out of Luffy’s way to Imu. The memory of Ace and the possession of the mera mera add more to the weight of the matchup. There’s also the idea of Sabo finally being there for Luffy since he was unable to be there at Marineford. Now I have no issue w Luffy doing it either for obvious reasons and I do believe Luffy has more reason to get it done, it’s just that I have no idea what Sabo’s big fight is if not that one. The guy’s character was born as Ace was breathing his last breath and even was given his fruit I feel like that can’t be for no reason you know? Plus I’m not saying that he has an interest in navy folk but it’s that the navy especially the admirals are the strongest defense for the celestial dragons as far as we know, you want to get to the WG higher ups? You have to get through the admirals, especially Sakazuki. But idk I’m open to hearing other ideas that’s just where I stand rn. It’s either Luffy, Sabo, or Dragon defeating Akainu in my mind.

Good post.Luffy vs Sakazuki 100% needs to happen,Luffy still feels pain in his scar whenever someone mentions that guy.They will fight.I think Imu will either be a spandam/orochi type of villain or a Madara/Oars type of villain that will need to fight everyone to eventually lose.

I think it is pretty clear Imu attacked Lulusia Kingdom just because of Sabo.Even the gorosei mentions he is a unlucky man.
It will not trust me

Im and Blackbeard
If Sabo is death then Dragon will face him

If the WG is a yonko crew
Then

Im= Captain
Gorosei= All-Stars
Admirals= Flying six

Luffy will not face Akainu it will be Im

What other Gorosei said was differently, him said " Ohh Lulucia, well this must be destiny after all" "what a unlucky man"