Spoiler Attack On Titan - Chapter 139 Extra Pages

Should we get a Beren the Next Generation?

• Total voters
Never seen an end like this for a MC who really turned it around in the latter half. Last couple of leaks were somehow able to outperform the sorry ending Eren had in the original chapter. First it was a fumble on Isayama’s part now he just straight folded. I’m still dumbfounded at how he was able to do it lol.

Im dumbfounded too. This ending is on par with Prison School and Katekyo Hitman Reborn as the worst manga endings ever...

Last edited:
just got this from reddit i think this is make sense
Does anyone feel that Isayama has been trying to have everything both ways?
  • Mikasa moves on with a family, but still can't let go of Eren
  • Paradis safe, but only for a while
  • Titans are gone, but will soon to come back
  • Rumbling occurs, but only 80%
  • Alliance determined to stop Eren's genocide, but mourn him after learning he sacrificed himself for their sake.
It's no wonder that everyone seems unsatisfied with the ending, because it comes across as nothing in the story mattered, nothing was definitive. And the tone is all over the place. The last chapter is framed as hopeful, but the additions show it ultimately didn't work out.

looks like isayama pulled jk rowling moves lol

unpopular opinion: the new ending makes sense(sorta)

The attack titan has the ability to see the memories of future holders. In order for Eren to have seen memories of his actions succeeding, despite him dying by mikasa's hands, someone would have had to inherit the attack titan after eren.

Now you might say, "doesn't the return of the tree invalidate eren's actions?" Well not entirely. The purpose of eradicating the titan's powers was that the eldians were being discriminated due to their connection to the paths. Mikasa's wish made it to where the eldians are stripped of their titan powers making them just normal people.

Ultimately, Eren succeeded in his aims; he created a good life for his friends. However he did this at the expense of the world. I personally loved the scenes that showed Mikasa returning to eren's grave throughout her life.
Post automatically merged:

I wouldn't say the ending is the best but clearly, Isayama isn't finished with attack on titan so I'll at least wait until his new stuff comes out before lambasting the ending.

I'd say overall I'd give it a 6/10

unpopular opinion: the new ending makes sense(sorta)

The attack titan has the ability to see the memories of future holders. In order for Eren to have seen memories of his actions succeeding, despite him dying by mikasa's hands, someone would have had to inherit the attack titan after eren.

Now you might say, "doesn't the return of the tree invalidate eren's actions?" Well not entirely. The purpose of eradicating the titan's powers was that the eldians were being discriminated due to their connection to the paths. Mikasa's wish made it to where the eldians are stripped of their titan powers making them just normal people.

Ultimately, Eren succeeded in his aims; he created a good life for his friends. However he did this at the expense of the world. I personally loved the scenes that showed Mikasa returning to eren's grave throughout her life.

I wouldn't say the ending is the best but clearly, Isayama isn't finished with attack on titan so I'll at least wait until his new stuff comes out before lambasting the ending.

I'd say overall I'd give it a 6/10
I kinda agree with this but how are the titans powers still there ? Its confusing as hell

I dont mind paradise getting desyroyed

new ending redeemed it a bit... as we know in the end eren was right... but a sequel would sucks. I prefer it to be an open ending to a new cycle of titan.

still we all know the best case scenario will be an anime original ending
with eren wining

Looks like Mikasa married a random guy like Historia. Honestly not sure what to think of this ending. I don't want a sequel to this. And this ending I would prefer if it was open like before. :josad:
I think adding those panel made it worse.
Sometimes I wonder why people right stories if nothing is achieved in it at the end. :kayneshrug:
Also, why is the kid still wearing those old clothes? Even though we are shown modernization.

Hopefully, one-piece at least ends properly. :josad:

Last edited: