• Average

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Disappointing to say the least...
This episode had the potential to be the best SnK episode or even of any anime ever, yet it is now just an average episode at best.

The good
-the buildup was amazing (right up until Eren shakes Reiner's hand)
-animation was great (right up until Eren shakes Reiner's hand)
-music was great (right up until Eren shakes Reiner's hand)

you probably see where my problem with the episode starts...
The bad
-The moment Eren gives his hand to Reiner the episode goes to shit. Animation quality becomes shit somehow
-Some filler soldiers ruined the scene between Reiner and Eren. Why did they put soldiers rushing into basement for no reason???
Now it seemed like the reason Eren transformed was because he was being ambushed and not because of his ideals.
-The scene where Reiner turns to grab Falco seems off, besides the bad animation. It seemed like some scenes were skipped...
-The OST was an absolute garbage choice. They went with Zeke vs Levi OST of all choices...
-They censored Eren crushing Willy, it was literally nothing but smoke on screen. It looked like Willy got crushed by building and Eren just picked him up and tossed him into the air for no reason.
If they censor THIS, I'm very afraid of what's to come...
-They really ruined this timeless moment with some shitty CGI titan. They were too lazy to animate one of the best scenes in SnK for that 1 second and they turned the scene to garbage. Eren's titan looks ridiculously bad in CGI.
-This is a minor complaint but Reiner's facial expressions could've been better. In some of the scenes he looked way too relax. In the manga he was freaking out in every panel, here he seemed to fall asleep in some scenes.
5/10 episode

Anyway, here's an example of improved ending with a better OST choice.
Makes an episode go from 5/10 to 8/10 (there are still those random soldiers ruining the scene and cgi titan)

Here's a full episode with that ending for anyone that wants to watch it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z9CBmz4VPP1CZvN6KmECHfeWarBe8z4M/view

I thought it was Good, but desperately needed that epic transformation music from the pervious seasons. When I saw that panel in the Manga, I could just hear it-

and it made it so much more epic. Very sad that in the most epic scene of the Anime, we no longer have it.