General & Others Authors who allow the story to take control of them are failures

oda didnt fail with that my guy , luffy became yonko tier and even got a powerup after that , he then defeated someone stronger than bigmom , law and kid barely defeated a yonko - this is narrative .

luffy is supposed to surpass the yonkos this arc , thats narrative , kid and law aint even close to that individually .
I didn’t say exactly his level but not below Zoro like how people see it; Oda made Zoro seem stronger than even Big Mom

I understand some of us want a balls-to-the-walls Big Mom vs Law and Kid fight that lasts 10-15 chapters and has a ton of panels. Instead, we got a man who's back is attached to a giraffe's neck, and... Fourtricks, the Rooster. Just because the story doesn't do everything you want it to, doesn't mean it's bad.
Well in this case it actually does. Fights are literally the climax of the arc and seeing Oda perpetually fuck them up has made One Piece insufferable for me.
Why should I read hundreds upon hundreds of chapters when I know the payoff is going to be ass?

Especially when other authors in shonen don't hold back when it comes to fights.
The big mom fight was the penultimate fight. Big Mom's defeat was the 2nd most important thing that happened in wano. If Oda doesn't have time to do this plot point justice, then he should cut out the other shit.

How to differentiate a good author from a bad one?

A good author is someone who has full control of the story and is able to decide the flow, pacing, story telling and execution as well as able to relay his thoughts through the writing.

A bad author is an author who gets overwhelmed by his own story and can’t control the flow, pacing or even what happens in the story. The characters and plot figuratively gains consciousness and will of their own and start controlling the author instead ruining the writing; thus, the author can yes relay the main messages and themes but a lot of his thoughts and perception fails to reach the reader.

For example Oda can relay the main themes of an arc such as slavery and racial discrimination in FI, loyalty in Wano, Kindness in WCI but is unable to control the length of his own story as well as the pacing and gets overwhelmed by the plot and character which lead him to be unable to even convince the reader with how he perceives certain character dynamics such as Big Mom and Kaido being equal or Law and Kidd being equal and stronger than Zoro
Oda isn't inherently a bad author. But he has wrote himself into a corner by milking one piece for all its worth.

A good author is someone who has full control of the story and is able to decide the flow, pacing, story telling and execution
First of all, it's completely stupid to compare someone who publishes every week to someone who has years to produce material, proofread and then publish.

as well as able to relay his thoughts through the writing.
Second, there is something called critical reading and interpretation, which many readers lack.

For examples Law and Kid working together to defeat Big Mom, showing the same kind of power (Devil Fruit awakening), both being captains, both being supernova of the worst generation. This symbolizes that the two are on an equal footing, there is no need to explicitly say within the story "Both possess the same capacity for power".

First of all, it's completely stupid to compare someone who publishes every week to someone who has years to produce material, proofread and then publish.

Second, there is something called critical reading and interpretation, which many readers lack.

For examples Law and Kid working together to defeat Big Mom, showing the same kind of power (Devil Fruit awakening), both being captains, both being supernova of the worst generation. This symbolizes that the two are on an equal footing, there is no need to explicitly say within the story "Both possess the same capacity for power".
But visually Kidd loooked really bad just like how big mom looked really bad too

Bruh. You started off well with valid criticisms...and then you turned it into your own frustration at the fact that other readers disagree with your notion of what Oda is trying to portray.

"Big Mom is equal to Kaido"
"Kid & Law are stronger than Zoro"

How do you know that is what Oda believes? Just because you feel that way, means that you are definitely interpreting Oda's thoughts correctly? Why would the blame be on Oda if you are capable of understanding his ideas but everyone else isn't? Wouldn't it just be that everyone else is reading the story incorrectly?

It's a weird perspective to have. It's like you're trying not to instigate an argument by trying to make Oda the object of frustration instead of accusing other people of having what would be incorrect takes according to you.

But the thing is, Kidd’s attacks are not visually appealing while Zoro’s are that’s why lots of Zoro fans think he’s stronger than even Big mom
I find Sanji's new attacks way more visually appealing than Luffy's. Does that mean Sanji > Luffy?

I had my doubts about Kid. I wouldn't even put him YC1, and capped him at Smoothie level pending new feats. Then Oda showed this panel.

At this moment, I knew not just Luffy, but Kid/Law >>> Yonko Commanders, and they were going to beat the 2 Yonko.

That's portrayal ^. Not Zoro/Yamato sparkling jizz at the end of their clubs. Law's and Kid's attacks broke BM's arms, while Yamato's signature attack couldn't even keep Ulti down.

Bruh. You started off well with valid criticisms...and then you turned it into your own frustration at the fact that other readers disagree with your notion of what Oda is trying to portray.

"Big Mom is equal to Kaido"
"Kid & Law are stronger than Zoro"

How do you know that is what Oda believes? Just because you feel that way, means that you are definitely interpreting Oda's thoughts correctly? Why would the blame be on Oda if you are capable of understanding his ideas but everyone else isn't? Wouldn't it just be that everyone else is reading the story incorrectly?

It's a weird perspective to have. It's like you're trying not to instigate an argument by trying to make Oda the object of frustration instead of accusing other people of having what would be incorrect takes according to you.
I think he has a point. With Big Mom at least, we've been told countless times that they are very close in strength, yet her performance against Kid and Law makes her look far weaker than kaido.

Similarly with Kid and Law, I can't say exactly how they stand with zoro, but when Oda gives them a 3 billion berry bounty, there are steps he could have taken to make those bounties actually feel valid. Like, for example, making big mom look strong, having her use ACoC on panel, having her use island busting attacks, and not having her KO herself by punching a bomb.

Stop trying to blame someone else for your delusions. Own up to your mistakes
It’s not delusions, Kidd and Law are above the Yonko first mates and are above Zoro and Yamato and are equal to each other I’m just annoyed because not everyone agrees with it

It’s not delusions, Kidd and Law are above the Yonko first mates and are above Zoro and Yamato and are equal to each other I’m just annoyed because not everyone agrees with it
:lawsigh:
You're saying it's Oda's fault that not everyone agrees with your opinion lmao

When Oda wants things to be crystal clear, he comes out and says it, either through characters in the story or by his own words. He flat-out said that Whitebeard was the only man equal to Roger in combat. He flat-out said that Zoro is the second-strongest Straw Hat. None of the things you said are explicitly stated in the manga or by Oda which makes them open for debate

Besides, even when Oda DOES make things crystal clear, people still debate about them...so it doesn't even matter anyway.

Last edited:
Oda is a very intelligent writer he knows how to get people talking lol. Zoro is above kidd and law, so get over it. Kaido said only the very strongest people use advanced conquerors haki, last time I checked kidd and law don’t have advanced conquerors.

Both kidd and law had to work together with awakenings to take out big mom because she’s so strong. Where with zoro he made big mom tell kaido to dodge becuase his own attack potency was to strong. This is Pre advanced conquerors haki zoro 🤣.

Zoro’s feats this arc are only going to keep building. His legendary moment of killing kaido will annihilate both of these open and hidden power wanking agenda threads.

Oda is a very intelligent writer he knows how to get people talking lol. Zoro is above kidd and law, so get over it. Kaido said only the very strongest people use advanced conquerors haki, last time I checked kidd and law don’t have advanced conquerors.

Both kidd and law had to work together with awakenings to take out big mom because she’s so strong. Where with zoro he made big mom tell kaido to dodge becuase his own attack potency was to strong. This is Pre advanced conquerors haki zoro 🤣.

Zoro’s feats this arc are only going to keep building. His legendary moment of killing kaido will annihilate both of these open and hidden power wanking agenda threads.
So you’re one of those who think that Zoro could have killed Kaido lol?