Powers & Abilities BB yc are underwhelming

Worst

Custom title
Maybe some crazy sh** twist will happen like BB turns out being the son of Xebec and BM and Kaido will join him after their defeat in Wano cuz except from Shiryu the others seem "meh"

With Burgess it comes from him being 1 fleet captain...people saying it doesnt matter but somehow magically it pretty much always does

But were u hyped when Shiryu got that DF? BB with 2 top tier ones while Shiryu with some scrub lvl one... Did Shiyru eating that DF made u think "wow how Zoro will deal with that guy now"? I havent seen one hyped person about it...which shows u how underwhelming it was

And worst of all it just points to a "hide and seek" kinda fight which i find really lame and basically another variant of the Pica fight

And i may not be a super Sanji fan but BB not even having a clear 3rd guy to match up with him is also kinda sad....
Oda did a nice job setting up the Luffy /BB conflict but rest is really meh at this point
Being fleet 1 captain means getting low diffed by sabo? Again how is that hyping him as above anyone else? Hell most everyone sees shiliew as bb's yc1 just like most see jozu as wb's yc2 despite burgess and ace respectively held those spots as commanders/captains. And when else does 1st fleet captain matter? Marco?

Luffy will be able to percieve Shiryuu, by seeing the Future or feeling his Emotions.

Luffy's COO Haki isn't regular, his haki is combination of Fujitora's( Feelings), Rayleigh's( Presence and Katakuri's Haki( Pre Cognituon- Future Sight).

Luffy can actaully feel the Emotions of Shiryuu like Aisa and Queen Othime so he can fight him.( This haki is rare)

Luffy can also see the Future as well( Extremely Rarw Haki )

Luffy can also feel people presence and see aura's.

This is why Oda said Luffy has the highest Emotional Intelligence(EQ) in the Manga.
sensing emotions is not the same as sensing presence or the opponents position.
sensing the future will only make Luffy see that he is going to be attacked. not by who or how if he can not see the individual.
Aisa was able to hear voices. she had no clue where those voices were exactly.

you are mixing stuff up.

"Shiryu close to teach" lol
Teach and his entire crew got one shot by Shiryus supposed equal.

and how you go from this to
Zoro isnt close to luffy
that...
you have issues mate.

Even Rayleigh is at best high diff to Roger
no. also, what does that have to do with any of this?!?!?!

With Burgess it comes from him being 1 fleet captain...people saying it doesnt matter but somehow magically it pretty much always does

But were u hyped when Shiryu got that DF? BB with 2 top tier ones while Shiryu with some scrub lvl one... Did Shiyru eating that DF made u think "wow how Zoro will deal with that guy now"? I havent seen one hyped person about it...which shows u how underwhelming it was

And worst of all it just points to a "hide and seek" kinda fight which i find really lame and basically another variant of the Pica fight

And i may not be a super Sanji fan but BB not even having a clear 3rd guy to match up with him is also kinda sad....
Oda did a nice job setting up the Luffy /BB conflict but rest is really meh at this point
What do you mean it always does? There isn't a single "1 fleet captain" in the manga under a Yonko, other than Burgess.

3 Calamities
3 Sweet Commanders
16 Division Commanders
10 Titanic Captains

Where exactly did you find another "1 fleet captain"? Those are 4 completely different crew set ups.

- Has he been called BB's right hand man? Nope
- Has he ever had any hype matching the impel down prisoners? Nope
- Has he ever had any hype or portrayal matching, Van Augur, Laffitte, Doc Q? Nope

So where is all the Burgess wanking coming from?

Could he possibly get stronger? Sure, I'd hope so.. But then there's the other reality, every single one of Blackbeard's commanders is powering up, not just Burgess.

When Blackbeard sent a Titanic Captain to Dressrosa, he clearly wasn't sending his best (and that's why Doflamingo created a cage). The Titanic Captains fought Whitebeard's Division Commanders; Shiryu fought and beaten Vista, someone fought and beaten Jozu, etc. It's a matter of time before Blackbeard and Shiryu catch up to Whitebeard and Marco.

I

Inspector_Mu

What do you mean it always does? There isn't a single "1 fleet captain" in the manga under a Yonko, other than Burgess.

3 Calamities
3 Sweet Commanders
16 Division Commanders
10 Titanic Captains

Where exactly did you find another "1 fleet captain"? Those are 4 completely different crew set ups.

- Has he been called BB's right hand man? Nope
- Has he ever had any hype matching the impel down prisoners? Nope
- Has he ever had any hype or portrayal matching, Van Augur, Laffitte, Doc Q? Nope

So where is all the Burgess wanking coming from?

Could he possibly get stronger? Sure, I'd hope so.. But then there's the other reality, every single one of Blackbeard's commanders is powering up, not just Burgess.
was shiryu RH? nope
is shiryu given an improtant df to hunt or eat? nope
do BB crew rely on Shiryu when it comes to battles? nope

except losing and getting captured by Magellan,

S

stealthblack

it was clearly stated in the vivre card that when it comes to fighting, ALL trust Burgess the most. so Burgess is strongest commander.

rip weakasspirates

Last edited by a moderator:
Ace was stronger than pre skip Teach crew.

This imply that the strongest BB captains are the Impel Down gang.

But BB pirates Is not all about individual strenght but they mirror the Strawhats.

Like... people want Chopper or Nami to fight a Monster? Is not like that...

And im pretty sure that when It comes to Power lvl, Teach "Monster trio" are going to be fucking strong!

And there Is even the mysterious 10th captain that can be in his top 3.

was shiryu RH? nope
is shiryu given an improtant df to hunt or eat? nope
do BB crew rely on Shiryu when it comes to battles? nope

except losing and getting captured by Magellan,
Did anybody claim Shiryuu was the right hand man? No
Was Shiryuu given a DF that's been stated to be one of the most wanted DFs in the OP world? Yes

The 3rd question makes no sense, hes one of the 10 titanic captains, what do you mean they don't rely on him for fighting?

Except getting introduced as an individual who stood at an equal footing as Blackbeard during his introduction. Same Blackbeard who Oda implied as being superior to Marco and Jozu when WB went to FMI, and had now gotten the yami yami. Same Blackbeard who had a Yonko tripping about him.

Last edited:
I

Inspector_Mu

That was pre-timeskip Shiryu.
The difference between pre ts Shiryu and current is that
Current Shiryu with a sneak attack + devon help cant even Damage Moriah badly nor K.O him

Pre ts Shiryu at least had hype to fight Magellan... still ended up in prison tho
Post automatically merged:

Did anybody claim Shiryuu was the right hand man? No
Was Shiryuu given a DF that's been stated to be one of the most wanted DFs in the OP world? Yes

The 3rd question makes no sense, hes one of the 10 titanic captains, what do you mean they don't rely on him for fighting?

Except getting introduced as an individual who stood at an equal footing as Blackbeard during his introduction. Same Blackbeard who Oda implied as being superior to Marco and Jozu when WB went to FMI. Same Blackbeard who had a Yonko tripping about him.
He never stood equal to Teach. Just cause he said something about not joining or quitting.

Unless you believ pre ts Shiryu> Magellan
Teach ended up beating Magellan offscreen after he ate the antidote.

TEACH PIRATES RELY ON BURGESS WHEN IT COMES TO BATTLES, THEY TRUST HIS STRENGTH.
He is the only bb captain who received such statement in his vivrecard

He never stood equal to Teach. Just cause he said something about not joining or quitting.

Unless you believ pre ts Shiryu> Magellan
Teach ended up beating Magellan offscreen after he ate the antidote.

TEACH PIRATES RELY ON BURGESS WHEN IT COMES TO BATTLES, THEY TRUST HIS STRENGTH.
He is the only bb captain who received such statement in his vivrecard
Pre-TS Shiryu = Magellan, Neither of them were ever portrayed as superior. However unlike Shiryuu.. Magellan has a deadly hax.
You don't even know how Magellan lost off-screen, so no clue why you're bringing that up..

What kind of a lame ass argument is "They trust his strength!!"? Did you need the vivre card to make it obvious to you? The fact that he's 1 of the 10 titanic captains, should make it obvious that they trust his strength, otherwise he wouldn't be the 1 of the 10 titanic captains. And the possible reason he was given that statement was to show he has some credibility in the BB pirates and isn't a clown like he was portrayed to be pre-TS, not to mention he's the only BB pirates who has had fights so far post-TS on panel.

Burgess vs Lafitte:

Lafitte bounty before joining: 42 mil
Burgess bounty before joining: 20 mil

Lafitte's role pre-TS: infiltrating the Mariejois, opening the gates of justice
Burgess's role pre-TS: being a cheerleader and a clown

Lafitte's role in the BB pirates: Chief of Staff (making him #2 to Blackbeard)
Burgess's role in the BB pirates: Just 1 of the 10 titanic captains?

You want to compare Burgess to Shiryuu, the guy doesn't even have portrayal over Lafitte. Like I said, idk where this Burgess wanking is coming from, cause there's def. nothing worth wanking in the manga when it comes to Burgess.

Last edited:
Most likely after this arc Kaido and robably BM too will be out of the game aka Luffy demonstrates to be on par or stronger.. And so with the next arcs until there is some kind of endgame crisis where only the SH and the BB pirate are left as big players. This or simply some theories that are already here like BB coming to Wano to end Kaido and steal his fruit, we can have some panels were Shiryu and or Jesus and or other people repel easily one or more yc.

Also some hype for BB and friends is in Oda's to do list for me, I mean Luffy is close to beat a yonko and there is the need to put in another, stronger, target for the SH (and this has been partially done by giving us a glimpse of characters like IM or Xebec).

Anyway imo nobody in BB's crew, bar BB, will reach and surpass the yonko tier but be somewhere in between yc and yonko and only the strongest ones. After all Zoro's final battle will most likely be Mihawk while Sanji could get an admiral, Kizaru is a very strong candidate.

I agree that Burgess is looking a bit too weak to be Sanji’s EoS opponent atm but as opposed to other antagonists you gotta remember that the BB Pirates are also growing in strength like the SHs so they are by no means the complete package even now. Burgess is currently hunting for a DF and he’d most like already have it when the decisive fight comes along so he’d most likely be incomparable to his DR self. That said, I don’t think he’s gonna be Sanji’s opponent, I’m leaning a lot more towards Laffite.

Burgess aside, I don’t think you have to worry about the strength of the BB Pirates given they are gonna be the final hurdle for the SHs in the Yonkou saga. From a story telling perspective, they are almost definitely going to be the stronger than the beast Pirates, who are all monsters. Plus they will prolly get some kinda hype which puts them above all the other Yonkou crews. You’d notice that Oda has already distinguished Shanks commanders as extraordinary even amongst the Yonkou Commanders with the Yonkou bounty reveals, so if the BB pirates end up taking out Shanks and his boys 😭then that’d be all the hype they need to put them a cut above rest imo.

Lastly on Teach in comparison to his commanders, I doubt any of them are gonna be close to him given how OP he is. Luffy is prolly gonna give a 110% plus alpha to take him down. More likely than not his strongest commanders will still be significantly weaker than him (Lucci/Kaku for example) but they’d still be a cut above regular Yonkou Commanders imo.

P

PeperLevi

Anyone else think BB crew yc are kinda weak for suppose possible EOS opponents for SH? I mean Shiryu and Burgess specifically as opponents for Zoro and Sanji most likely...
You're calling BBC of weak because you're another idiot lover of that idiot LZS Meme. They never would going be the final opponents of SHC if they really were. Think such thing is a unacceptable insult to the writer that Eiichiro Oda is.
Their power,same not being showed in details,was emphasized greatly:

Teach himself said how his first four crewmates,same with Marine and Government not being aware of,actually make even the Supernovas looks like a bunch of weaklings. Therefore,even Doc Q could have 0-diffed both Luffy and Zoro when meet them in Jaya,if he wanted so. And the only reason Teach said them "they couldn't defeat Ace" was because none knew use Haki.
Even more,they managed in invade Impel Down and gone out as if was the easiest thing,and shorthly thereafter,do for the whole world a spectacle amidst one of the biggest wars of all times,showing their start to be the new team of sea rulers while taking down another,whose times were ending. All that without any huge conflict with world powers,a thing impossible for any normal beginner pirate crew.
If BB's crewmates were already that monstruous when not even were in New World yet,so during Time-Skip all they certainly evolved to make Katakuri looks like a weakling.
BBC are perfect as the future SHC's final opponents. It's your reading and interpretation that sucks.