Rules Berserk General Dicussion

Great chapter. It's always a treat to see something lighthearted in Berserk. I don't really enjoy reading the full paragraph text in the manga but I didn't skip a word in this one. lol
The Taboo must be related to either SK or the fall of the God hands. It was sure related with the great tragedy though. It either stopped a huge tragedy or caused the tragedy.
Finally, Guts seeing his child in the end. :josad:Every panel with Guts in it is a big treat to me. :steef:

Hi guys, would love to join in, love berserk
Post automatically merged:

Is it possible Guts vs Griffith gonna happen soon?

Before he meets the boy he seems to recall Griffith in one panel.
Almost definitely. Also, I missed this when I first binge to catch up, but Griffith was confirmed to be the moonlight boy at the end chapter 358. His hair starts turning brown and he leaves Charlotte during a full moon. I’m thinking that the moonlight boy is Guts and Casca’s kid, and he shares a body with Griffith.

The author also said the first battle with Griffith would happen soon like a year ago

Here’s what I see happening personally:
- The moonlight boy will calm Casca down so she can be with Guts. We get a family cool moment with the three of them.
- Then Griffith takes over and/or Sonia invades with an army.
- Elfhelm gets massacred.

Intriguing chapter. The relationship between Danan/SK/his love (?)/Flora continues to interest me, though I fear that the focus of the story is shifting away from that plotpoint.

This chapter also manifested everything about my love-hate relationship with Isidro. The gags were fine but took too much space in the chapter imho. On the other hand this might be Miura's way of creating a 'calm before the storm' kind of feeling. Guts' last look at Casca kinda highlights this feeling too.

Which brings us to the highlight of the chapter: the kid/Griffith. From the way Guts faces it, he seems somewhat suspicious of him. I might read too much into it though. Other users have already pointed out that Griff can teleport at least parts of his army. With SK also being there, this might end up being a decisive confrontation. This would also explain the almost light mood of recent chapters. From Lolis going kyaaa to lolis going kill haha.

Art also was on point this chapter outside of the comedy moments of course. Miura is getting the hang of digital drawing after some goofy looking chapters in the past. The only thing I wish for is more than 3 chapters a year, lol. This is Miura's way of making his readers suffer. Maybe it's his kink, who am I to judge...

I guess Miura is trying too much to fit in to shonen segment, he made too much jokes in the recent chapters and seemingly has lost his darkness magic touch. Even Guts being scared and having Eclipse flashback when seeing Casca in the previous chapters seemes somehow forced now. Do the others here feels that lighthearted shonen trope vibe nowadays?

I guess Miura is trying too much to fit in to shonen segment, he made too much jokes in the recent chapters and seemingly has lost his darkness magic touch. Even Guts being scared and having Eclipse flashback when seeing Casca in the previous chapters seemes somehow forced now. Do the others here feel that lighthearted shonen trope vibe nowadays?
Think of it as the "calm before the storm."
The way Miura has been introducing new abilities for characters left and right is further evidence that something bad is going to happen. There's a pretty good chance that Elfhelm gets massacred in a few chapters. If you're worried about the overall vibe, take a look at the violence between Griffith and the giants a few chapters ago. It's still pretty gory.

I know serpico hasnt done anything lately in the story. But I don't think he's story is finished just yet. I don't think he's sacrifice makes sense. He's the only other experienced fighter in the group. I guess you now have casca as well but still.
I think the only thing left in his character arc is telling Farnese that he's her brother. I can easily see that being the last thing he does before he dies.

Though SK could very well die. The way this chapter was also looked bad for him.
We also know that Griffith targets people that could pose a threat to his dream. That's why he targeted Flora and the witch mansion during the FOTME arc. Skull Knight poses more of a threat to him than anyone else alive right now.

Art also was on point this chapter outside of the comedy moments of course. Miura is getting the hang of digital drawing after some goofy looking chapters in the past.
That's interesting, do you know the rough point in story or even chapter he did the transition? So far I've skimmed through Berserk, so I've fully read some but not all chapters.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I just read the new chapter, and man. I swear, Miura has, for me, re-solidified himself as the best damn artist in Manga. I was torn between he and Murata, but there is just an unrivaled beauty in Miura’s work. Art like this:

Are just legit jaw dropping to me, and I just want to stair at them. I’m so excited to see his art progress even further as the series progresses towards its end.

It was a fine chapter though, Isidoro being a monkey was quite funny. I think this chapter though dropped even more hints that Guts may choose to not kill Griffith in the end. He may actually walk away which will send Griffith into another post-Doldrey relapse like last time.

In which case, Griffith might lash out and Guts will kill him in self-defense in the end. Or something like that.

Anyway, fun chapter overall.