Rules Berserk General Dicussion

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
If at any point you’re confused, let me know. Berserk is quite tricky to interpret.

So my bro tells me this Chapter was dropped too soon by Miura bc at the time it would’ve been out of place.

From chapter 357, we are given the revelations of the Government System of Falconia, Stonehenge, and an Emperor-God like figure with Griffith.

Chapter 83, addressed that Griffith meets with God (manifested by Humanity’s greedy and volatile emotions). That God acknowledges the generations it took for Griffith to come into creation to act his role.

Now that Griffith is at the pinnacle of Humanity or lack thereof, will we receive more Chapters addressing God, whether Good or Evil, and it’s place in the realm of the Universe. Especially in relation to the God Hands, the Void, and the Astral Plane?
Miura actually asked that Chapter 83 he removed from publication and volume releases. He said that it revealed too much too soon, and contained ideas he wasn’t finished with yet.

So I think when we get the actual explanation behind the Idea of Evil (the Godlike entity we are discussing) there will be some differences from what we initially saw.

I think many things have changed by now.
Probably not. If anything the existence of the astral world, which contains entities generated by humanities’ “collective consciousness” strongly supports the existence of the Idea Of Evil. This is because the Idea said he was created by humanities’ collective desire to give meaning to their suffering.

Flora, the witch who trained Shierke, also said that the godhand serve a mysterious entity deep in the astral world.

The Idea Of Evil might even be key to defeating the Godhand in someway.

Probably not. If anything the existence of the astral world, which contains entities generated by humanities’ “collective consciousness” strongly supports the existence of the Idea Of Evil. This is because the Idea said he was created by humanities’ collective desire to give meaning to their suffering.

Flora, the witch who trained Shierke, also said that the godhand serve a mysterious entity deep in the astral world.

The Idea Of Evil might even be key to defeating the Godhand in someway.
Stupid question, but how many chapters or arcs do you think are needed to finish Berserk?

Stupid question, but how many chapters or arcs do you think are needed to finish Berserk?
Miura said the story was around 70% complete when volume 35 released. Simple math tells you volume 50 would be the last one, but to be safe you’d set a range like 48-52 volumes. Volumes contain 7-10 chapters, meaning that we have in the range of 56-120 chapters left.
The most recent volume was volume 40. I actually think we’re almost at the end of Fantasia, and I suspect there’s only one more big arc left after it.
Berserk will probably end in 9-15 years given Miura’s current release schedule.

Last edited:
Miura said the story was around 70% complete when volume 35 released. Simple math tells you volume 50 would be the last one, but to be safe you’d set a range like 48-52 volumes. Volumes contain 7-10 chapters, meaning that we have in the range of 56-120 chapters left.
The most recent volume was volume 40. I actually think we’re almost at the end of Fantasia, and I suspect there’s only one more big arc left after it.
Berserk will probably end in 9-15 years.
lol that escalated quickly

For reference here’s what I see happening:
- SK backstory
- Guts’ masters Berserker armor
- Griffith invades and destroys Elfhelm
There’s actually a lot of evidence for this. It was established that Griffith can teleport armies a few chapters ago, and chapter 358 basically confirmed that he’s the moonlight boy, meaning he could have been helping the crew to gain access to Elfhelm. There’s a lot of other evidence, like Griffith targeting magic users and witches, but it’d take a while to explain.
- Fantasia ends

The final arc will involve Guts meeting up with Silat and Rickert to launch some sort of counterattack in Falconia. Casca, Farnese, and Shierke will probably have a separate side mission that results in weakening the Godhand. This is a lot more speculative than the above though.
Post automatically merged:

lol that escalated quickly
Just keepin’ things real.

- SK backstory
There’s actually a lot of evidence for this. It was established that Griffith can teleport armies a few chapters ago, and chapter 358 basically confirmed that he’s the moonlight boy, meaning he could have been helping the crew to gain access to Elfhelm. There’s a lot of other evidence, like Griffith targeting magic users and witches, but it’d take a while to explain.
-
Fantasia ends

The final arc will involve Guts meeting up with Silat and Rickert to launch some sort of counterattack in Falconia. Casca, Farnese, and Shierke will probably have a separate side mission that results in weakening the Godhand. This is a lot more speculative than the above though.

How long have you been reading for

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
- SK backstory
-
Fantasia ends

9-15 years is too long, though the stuff you said will happen. Miura has said in interviews that digital drawing is a young man’s game, and the guy is in his 50s now lol. He won’t be drawing Berserk for much longer. 5-10 more years max.

Release schedules will speed up now that Miura isn’t drawing side projects. He also took a lot of time off to plan for the Casca’s Psyche chapters. We’ll probably get 5-10 chapters in 2021, and there are probably only about 50 Berserk chapters or so to go.

9-15 years is too long, though the stuff you said will happen. Miura has said in interviews that digital drawing is a young man’s activity, and the guy is in his 50s now lol. He won’t be drawing Berserk for much longer. 5-10 more years max.

Release schedules will speed up now that Miura isn’t drawing side projects. He also took a lot of time off to plan for the Casca’s Psyche chapters. We’ll probably get 5-10 chapters in 2021, and there are probably only about 50 Berserk chapters or so to go.
Given the last 16 years of on and off hiatuses, I think you’re a little too optimistic. I would love to be proven wrong, but I think the current chapter-every-3-months schedule is here to stay, meaning 4-5 chapters each year.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Given the last 16 years of on and off hiatuses, I think you’re a little too optimistic. I would love to be proven wrong, but I think the current chapter-every-3-months schedule is here to stay, meaning 4-5 chapters each year.
I think the only reason the “Guts on a boat arc” lasted as long as it did was because Miura was planning the Casca’s psyche stuff. He never intended for Berserk to be as long-winded of a series as it was, and I realistically expect that the release schedule will accelerate.

I could be wrong though. Lol

Danann = Gaiseric’s Casca, called it

I really like how it was Danann, the Casca of 1000 years ago, who helped Casca regain her memories. Btw is Flora the Farnese of the past? Seems like she was secretly jealous of Gaiseric’s and Danann’s relationship, just like how Farnese is secretly jealous Guts’ and Casca’s relationship

I wonder how much longer Berserk has left. Guts clearly is nowhere near powerful enough to beat Femto as of now, but Guts will likely master the Berserker Armor and get significantly stronger, plus that taboo that Flora committed could be a spell that weakened the previous Godhand (but at a great cost), which is how the 4 Godhand shown in the previous chapter actually managed to get killed. And then there’s the fact that Griffith has the demon child inside of him, which could weaken him. I wonder if Miura introduced Isma’s ability to bond with astral beings (or at least water spirits like Kelpies) so that she can expand Guts’ coalition at EoS by taming some astral beings. Isma doesn’t really serve a purpose in the group without this ability, so hopefully it becomes useful. Guts will have the aid of his traveling party, Skull Knight, Zodd, Elfhelm, Rickert and the Bakiraka, and a horde of astral beings at EoS. Btw this might be an unpopular opinion, but I actually want Miura to switch over to Rickert’s group soon so we can see what’s going on there.

Normally I would be mad about the comedy.
But it’s been 10+ chapters since there was a comedic chapter, and this was pretty funny.

Danann = Gaiseric’s Casca, called it

I really like how it was Danann, the Casca of 1000 years ago, who helped Casca regain her memories.

I wonder how much longer Berserk has left. Guts clearly is nowhere near powerful enough to beat Femto as of now, but Guts will likely master the Berserker Armor and get significantly stronger, plus that taboo that Flora committed could be a spell that weakened the previous Godhand (but at a great cost), which is how the 4 Godhand shown in the previous chapter actually managed to get killed. And then there’s the fact that Griffith has the demon child inside of him, which could weaken him. I wonder if Miura introduced Isma’s ability to bond with astral beings (or at least water spirits like Kelpies) so that she can expand Guts’ coalition at EoS by taming some astral beings. Isma doesn’t really serve a purpose in the group without this ability, so hopefully it becomes useful. Guts will have the aid of his traveling party, Skull Knight, Zodd, Elfhelm, Rickert and the Bakiraka, and a horde of astral beings at EoS. Btw this might be an unpopular opinion, but I actually want Miura to switch over to Rickert’s group soon so we can see what’s going on there.
Chapter 358 basically confirmed that Griffith is the moonlight boy.
And Miura did say there would be two conflicts with Griffith in the upcoming story, the first of which is close.
And a few chapters ago it was shown that Griffith can teleport armies around.

hmmmm

Also, I think Flora’s taboo is what resulted in the Skull Knight being how he is.