Best Kanki-focused arc?

Best Kanki arc?

• Total voters

Tyrant MUUGEN

呪のろいの王おう
Zhao's Retaliation - I think personally this is the best Kan Ki focused arc it was heavily focused on the "person" that Kan Ki actually was we got to see a whole other side to him while getting a full backstory on how Kan Ki came to be. I like how it opened a lot of peoples eyes on how great of a general he actually is, i mean the haters and naysayers will remain but it showcased Kan Ki in such a great way. What I really enjoyed was the fact that Kan Ki and the tribes never really asked for this life at least at the start, it was a means to exist and they had to do whatever was needed so that they can live in peace. Even with the odds against him he knew what was important in order for the unification and the overall end goal for this attack was to continue moving forward yes he lost a lot of lives, HeKi was his own fault but overall KanKi saw the larger picture and even though he knew he was falling into a trap he made sure he kept the ones he cared about the most safe and out of harms way while entrusting Shin with them.

Overall KanKi is a fucking beast thats been underrated for too long and this arc showcased that KanKi is that guy!!

Zhao Retaliation Arc.

It ran a little long, meandered a bit here and there, and I didn't love all of Hara's decisions, but overall, it was a fantastic arc.

Zhao Retaliation has got to be my least favorite arc in the manga, and that’s below the Kyoukai sister arc so..
Koku You is very underrated

Zenou and Raido were great, Keisha was a good match for Kanki, and Kisui being the shadow leader made it even better
Lots of good moments overall

Koku You to me, because tactics in this arc felt the least like asspull. Keisha and Kisui were memorable antagonists.

Also it had chad En showing his sense of responsibility, Karyo Ten having a geniuenly great strategical feats, the human bridge scene etc.

Last edited:
It is the Koku You Campaign for me. It was the arc that got me invested in Kanki and originally made him a Top 10 favourite character for me, a character that I most certainly wanted to see more of. The character interactions with Kanki were also at their best between the three arcs.

I did not like Kanki during the Battle of Eikyuu cause Hara made Kochou look like a chump and Sei look like a pushover in order to accommodate Kanki.

Zhao's Retaliation meanwhile was where I flat out lost interest in Kanki and was genuinely relieved that he was killed off. More examples of the writing forcing previously intelligent characters to act like chumps and bending over backwards to verbally suck off Kanki (looking at you Riboku). Worst of all, Kanki's "flashback" wasn't even about Kanki, it was really about the Saki Clan. I still don't know how Kanki came to be the character that he is because in the Saki flashback, Kanki is basically the exact same character that he is now, just younger.

Definitely Koku You Campaign for me. Lol.

Zhao's Retaliation meanwhile was where I flat out lost interest in Kanki and was genuinely relieved that he was killed off. More examples of the writing forcing previously intelligent characters to act like chumps and bending over backwards to verbally suck off Kanki (looking at you Riboku)
Riboku trying to analyze and fix Kanki was the worst scene in the series
Literally worse than Naruto and Obito

The flashback elevated Kanki so much for me that it's a no brainer to vote for ZRC
There were many parts of the huge ass Zhao campaigns that started all the way back in chapter 500 or so where I wasn't that invested but those final chapters with the FB were peak Kingdom.