Best MC Tournament Round 1 Bracket 1

WHO WINS EACH FIGHT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
IMPORTANT: I WILL NOT COUNT VOTES FROM THOSE WHO DO NOT VOTE FOR EACH FIGHT. ALSO IF I SEE OR NOTICE SOME SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY THAT ENTRY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.

In this round in this thread we will have 8 MCs, which means 4 fights.

Vote in the poll, share your thoughts and state who you voted for.

YOU MAY VOTE FOR YOURSELF IF YOU ARE IN THIS ROUND.
Vote for each round, the winners of each fight will advance.

FIRST FIGHT

Luffy
well of course my pick is luffy and its kind of a no brainer, Luffy is in my opinion the perfect that I could get out of an MC. Luffy values friendship over everything just like me. he doesn't wanna be a hero if it costs him his friends and that why I like him so much. Luffy symbolizes freedom for me, but the entirety of one piece does that as well. the hardships and tough moments that luffy went through to become who he is shows how people can face tough situations and still come out on top and that's why I like him so much

VS

Jack Sparrow
Jack sparrow is one of the most iconic, memorable and beloved characters in cinema's history and ignoring Johnny depp's amazing acting i will just list some of the traits that make me love him and what better way to start than his introduction:
This almost 1 minute intro gives you everything you need to know about him and the rest of movie just focuses on it and expands his character
Jack respects and takes pride in being a pirate
Jack looks like a moron who doeen't know what he's doing and he uses this to his advantage and makes people underestimate him so that in the end he can outsmart them
Jack is someone who always has a goal, is persistent in chasing it and will never settle for anything less than that like chasing his ship the black pearl for 10 years straight
Another important thing is that Jack is always the underdog and never gets lucky or plot armor he will always find himself in a situation impossible to escape and is forced to use his brain to overcome the obstacle
Jack's character and values perfectly capture the tone of the movies he is a pirate but not because of pillaging or killing but because he loves freedom and embraces that which is what the pirates movies are all about

SECOND FIGHT

Himura Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin
Kenshin is a former Hitokiri or Manslayer known as Battousai during the Bakumatsu, the revolutionary transition between the end of the Edo Period and the Meiji Restoration. Kenshin was a hired hitman fighting on behalf of the revolution against the Shogunate. In that time, he had killed many, and made countless enemies. After a traumatic event, he decided to change his ways and become a Rurouni (Wandering Swordsman), refusing to kill and protecting those who can't protect themselves. In the meanwhile, he meets new friends, and reunites with old demons he had left behind. Kenshin fights a battle from within where he struggles to adhere to his new vows of mercy, or risk reverting back into the ruthless killer "Battousai."

A favorite scene of mine happens towards the manga's end, where Kenshin offers to back home with Kaoru.

Due to his past, Kenshin has always been forced to wander, too afraid to form attachments due to his past. This was Kaoru's greatest fear, but she still loved him regardless and considers her home his at an early point. This scene is Kenshin reassuring her that he believes the same, and that no matter what comes their way, he'll always be here with the people he loves.

VS

Edward Elric FMAB
Character Analysis:

Edward Elric is an example of a character that doesn’t necessarily have a complex ideology or philosophy, but he is written extremely well.

All of Edward’s philosophy, and the way he is, is the result of the tragic event that happened to him. When trying to transmute their dead mothers back, Edward and his brother Alphonse lose their bodies. This event is what paves the way he becomes later on in the series.

One of the things about tragic characters is that it always feels like they are blaming the cruel world on why the things are this way. But Edward is not this way, Edward takes all the blame for everything he has done. Even then, he still keeps moving forward. From Nina and Alexandar, to the events of Liore and so on. He, even though takes the blame for pretty much everything, always looks for a change- to make himself better. Him taking blame for everything is also one of the reasons he doesn’t trouble others or use the Philosopher’s stone to get their bodies back, because it uses the lives of other people, they are killing someone because of their own fault.

That’s one of the reasons I always liked Edward Elric. His determination. He will do everything to do what he thinks is right, and will always avoid doing anything that contradicts his philosophy and his beliefs. “Nothing equals a human life” is what he learnt from the devastating event of him resurrecting his mother. He always followed this philosophy, abstaining from using the Philosopher’s stone.

Edward is also kind and pure hearted- because of him experiencing hell that day. Edward never passes up to do the good deeds no matter how small they are. He likes to help people because he doesn’t want other people to suffer the same fate as his. The reason he said those rough words to Rose in Liore is because he doesn’t want her to suffer hell like he did.

Edward has the ability to change. Edward can change others and himself, while staying true to his core beliefs and ideology. He went from someone who thinks alchemy can fix everything and doing everything by himself, to understanding that human were given bonds in order to not do everything by themselves. He effects other characters with his kindness and determination- changing Scar, Mustang, Winry, Alphonse etc. etc.

His personality is also incredibly likeable. He is mature for his age, but he doesn’t let go of humour- one of the main human emotions. He is extremely likeable and respectable. He is really relatable too. I think every one of us see even a littile bit of Edward within us.

Character development:

In the beginning:

- Edward believes in the idea that alchemy can solve your problems.
- Edward believes that alchemy can only be used to do good. He believed that since he dabbled in human transmutation, he was punished.
- Edward decides to restrict himself to the laws of equivalent exchange and decides to follow the rules that have already been paved.

In the end:

- Edward comes the conclusion that alchemy cannot solve every problem; rather, giving up his ability to use alchemy to save his brother. This implies that at the end of the story Ed values his friends and family first, and then knowledge.
- Through his tragic experiences with Nina Tucker, he came to the conclusion that alchemy is a tool, something that can be used for good, however is equally capable of doing horrendous things.
- In the end of Brotherhood, we learn that Ed and Al decides to go east and west of Amestris to gain a better grasp of what alchemy truly is, after Father was able to neutralize Ed’s alchemy.
- He learns these lessons through his experiences, and develops as a character over the duration of the show.

Personality:

- His “if there’s a will, there’s a way” is something that is iconic about him as he is determined to get his and his brother’s body back.
- He very selfless, willing to give up parts of his body to get his brother’s body back when the human transmutation fails in the first episode. In fact, the only thing driving him throughout this journey is to get Al’s body back.
- He hates being called short.
- He hates drinking milk.
Ed not wanting to admit his feelings for Winry.

In conclusion, I think why Ed is such a brilliant character is because I can see some parts of myself in him, and I think a number of people in the audience can see themselves in Edward to, making him a relatable character. We’ve all at one point gone to lengthy distances to achieve a goal. We are all currently learning new things as we go on with life. At one point we have all experienced the first girl/guy that we liked. This, I believe is the beauty within Edward Elric’s character.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, I think why Ed is such a brilliant character is because I can see some parts of myself in him, and I think a number of people in the audience can see themselves in Edward to, making him a relatable character. We’ve all at one point gone to lengthy distances to achieve a goal. We are all currently learning new things as we go on with life. At one point we have all experienced the first girl/guy that we liked. This, I believe is the beauty within Edward Elric’s character.

THIRD FIGHT

Dark Schneider

Synopsis: Dark Schneider (D.S. for short) is the main character of Bastard!!.
Little is truly known of the origins of Dark Schneider but what we do know is that he has a big ego and has extremely powerful abilities, Dark Schneider is the most powerful wizard in the series, and he doesn't hesitate to let you know. He looks down on those he considers ugly, sometimes leading him to boast that ugly people will never win.

He has a strong lust for women and is famous for his womanizing ways. At one time he planned on creating a harem of every woman on the planet. He is also known for his violent, borderline psychotic attitude once thrown into a fight. Almost no one can control him, except for Tia Noto Yoko, who is his main love interest.

Why I like him? Because he is the epitome of the anti-hero. The guy does try to save the world, je just trying to get rid of the people who wants to take the field from him. And not in a thunders way (like Végéta protecting Goku and saying thing like « i’m the only one allows to kill you ») No, DS really wants the world for himself and will do anything to reach his goal.
DS answers to the memorable Uncle Ben’s quote would probably be : « I have a great power and you have the great responsibility to worship me! Bwahahaha!! » while grabbing your wife and start fingering her on site.

PS: Read Bastard!!

VS

Eren Yeager from Attack on Titan
Eren starts as an underdeveloped character but over time, he becomes more and more complex and one of the best characters in the manga/anime. He went from an annoying whiny brat with anger and psychological issues to a stoic dangerous guy who would kill anyone who stood in his way to freedom.

Early on, all he did was rush into fights and get beaten by stronger and smarter people, all this because he couldn't control his hatred towards the titans. At one point, he starts to feel pain and guilt for allowing so many people to sacrifice their lives for him. This also causes him a mental breakdown. He manages to recover and become confident and more disciplined and became the biggest asset to humanity on Paradise Island. He also accepts the fact that people have to suffer and die for him to achieve his ultimate goal of gaining freedom.

FOURTH FIGHT

Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty
Character Introduction
Name: Rick Sanchez
Calling him a genius scientist would be an heavy understatement. In short he is Iron Man aka Tony Starks times infinity. He even drinks like him, infact he is drunk almost all the time. Yet he carries around a Portal Gun in his pocket that he invented along with other cool stuffs. He can freely travel through Multi_verse. He even has been banished from his own Council of Ricks from Multi-Verse. He is not your typical MC though. He invented so many cool stuffs and technology which bypasses our current technology by millennia but he likes to keep it to himself.
In short, Tony Stark made his first Iron Suit in a cave with a scraps however, Rick built a suit that was so capable he took on the White House with it. This feat becomes more crazy upon learning that he started to build that suit in a sewer while he was turned into a pickle (of course he did it to himself though).

Background: He left his wife and daughter some 20 years ago and suddenly appeared in his daughter's doorsteps. Nothing much is revealed.

Why is he the best: He is the most realist person ever on TV. Some of his quotes may further prove it;
-"I'm sorry but your opinion means very little to me."
-"Weddings are basically funeral with cakes."
-"The universe it little too big to care about something so small."

There's too much of him to put here. But you've got some ideas.
Here's one of his favorite moment of him:

VS

Tony Soprano from The Sopranos
Toni Soprano is the main character of the show The Sopranos. He is a Capo in the DiMeo crime family who has a job in "waste management".
I have Tony as the best MC because of his different personalities, he is Hilarious, intimidating and cruel all together. You can see him murdering a bunch of dudes then goes to have a peaceful dinner with his family without any sign of regret.

best scene

YOU HAVE 24 HOURS AND 4 VOTES. AFTER THIS TOURNAMENT I THINK WE'LL GO ON A LITTLE BREAK.

Well, I voted for Jack sparrow over Luffy anyway. Jack Sparrow got more personality than Luffy imo. But I've only watched the 3 first movies
I kinda like the first movie but his personality is one of the thing that threw me off, it became caricatural, over the top and I just found his character boring.
Couldn't finish the 2nd movie and that 3rd movie, fuck I wanted to kill myself while watching it. Didn't finish it either and I stop bothering for the following ones.

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
I kinda like the first movie but his personality is one of the thing that threw me off, it became caricatural, over the top and I just found his character boring.
Couldn't finish the 2nd movie and that 3rd movie, fuck I wanted to kill myself while watching it. Didn't finish it either and I stop bothering for the following ones.
Lmao, quite opinionated I see.
But that's fine too, not everyone can like everything, and that's alright.

But personally don't feel like Luffy is finalist material, so that's why I voted JP over Luffy, personally
Post automatically merged:

I even voted one character based off of the synopsis alone, because I thought it was presented really cool.

Whoever entered Dark Schneider, good job!
Got me interested in checking that series out!