Best Rock bands and songs in the last 3-4 years?

I'm debating with my mom if the rock is dead and she challenged me to provide her with examples of good modern rock songs, and I'm stuck, I mean, what can compare to the good old classics like Queen, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC? Or more modern ones like Linkin Park, Green Day, Imagine Dragons, Five Finger Death Punch?

At the same time I'm struggling in finding really fresh songs I absolutely love to prove my point that there's still hope for the rock music.

Random tags from music tourney, hope you don't mind!
@Rivaille @NotTommy @Usopp Haoshoku Haki @Veku @Gari @Bounty @Gari @Doggo @Haoshoku @hime @Nana @SmokedOut @ConquistadoR ] @Seth @Ekkologix @SDfear @RobertoTheOharaSurvivor @Zara @Vonal @Chrono @Peroroncino @Photon @SmokedOut @h_zorothegoat @Adam 🍎 @Sasparan @Black_Leg_Wanji @Inzziuma @Dr_Professor83 @Worst @Liquidhate @matt245 @Bepo D. Bear @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @Cross_Marian @Indigo's Lament @MonochromeYoru @park_min young @ZoroMazino @Kagu Nyan @Admiral Maynard @Tigerlily

@Dark Admiral @Dark Hound @U c 4 up da idly @Law-sama @Little Wing @Suave Slav @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Kvothe Kingkiller @Surgeon of death @Gol D. Roger @Nel-Zel fiasco @Yoshioka Seijuro @Fisher Tiger @Light D Lamperouge @zorojurou @SHIHI @mugiwalaw @Robin swan @Owl Ki @style @Luffy is the mc @Krusher1357 @Jaguark101 @Croci @Sslayer @ConquistadoR @Bepo @Shadowlord123 @Bepo D. Bear @Luslec @RayanOO @Liquidhate @TheAncientCenturion @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @kom5 @Fujishiro @Kucing Pencuri @Don DaSlayer @Yoru @Oblivion @Shisui @MonochromeYoru @Wuuuke @Utsuro @MarineHQ @lee33 @Missy @notAfanboy @Astolfo @NikaInParis @Mr.9000 @Courier @Kromage911 @Jorden625 @Akai2 @MUUGEN @Pantheos @Juliet @FreezyBreeze @PerfectHie @IceWitch @Power @NAMELESS @ZoroMazino @Tobra @BangOO🍅 @Gladwing0 @Warchief Sanji D Goat @zenox @Indigo @matt245

@FloriGlori @Leo @DizzyBrows @uyuu @Marimo_420 @Kucing Pencuri @Dark Hound @Arara @Yukihime @Zoro @zorojurou @Luffy bin Dragon @Senfret @sidestreetboy @PerfectHie @Don DaSlayer @RobertoTheOharaSurvivor @ConquistadoR @Indigo's Lament @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @SHIHI @Yo Tan Wa @Robin swan @Jorden625 @The White Crane @U c 4 up da idly @Astolfo @MUUGEN @Lax @Queek Hea D Taker @Alpha @ShimonoaZoro971 @mugiwalaw @Konstantis @gamaran @Blackknife @zorojurou @Kiwipom @sidestreetboy @djiayebee @Wh1p @Dr_Professor83 @Gladwing0 @Alpha @MonochromeYoru @Zoroe @Shadowlord123 @Butters @Dark Admiral @notAfanboy @NikaInParis @BangOO🍅 @NAMELESS @Lhulu @TheAncientCenturion @Cross_Marian @Indigo @Pantheos @Nibel @Toby D. Dog @Devilbat @Pot Goblin @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Yuelyn @Devilbat @The White Crane @Longleg Larry @ZenZu @Nibel

I'm not 100% sure I'd consider imagine dragons rock but some more modern bands I really enjoy

Skillet- not to modern but more modern than queen and pink floyd

Chvrches- pretty new band with amazing songs my personal favorites being violent delights and He said, she said

Of course can't forget bands like

Papa roach, drowning pool and evanscence who all are great in their own right.

And for bands a bit more obscure

Poor Man's Poison and Dorothy is top notch

I'm not 100% sure I'd consider imagine dragons rock but some more modern bands I really enjoy

Skillet- not to modern but more modern than queen and pink floyd

Chvrches- pretty new band with amazing songs my personal favorites being violent delights and He said, she said

Of course can't forget bands like

Papa roach, drowning pool and evanscence who all are great in their own right.

And for bands a bit more obscure

Poor Man's Poison and Dorothy is top notch
Well, Imagine Dragons are listed as pop rock, but yeah, not your classic rock for sure.

Ty for the recs, any songs in particular you can share?

Also, @Gorosei Informer , let me tag you and ask for your recs since you're into music, I guess tags didn't work for you because you changed your nickname?

Well, Imagine Dragons are listed as pop rock, but yeah, not your classic rock for sure.

Ty for the recs, any songs in particular you can share?

Also, @Gorosei Informer , let me tag you and ask for your recs since you're into music, I guess tags didn't work for you because you changed your nickname?
Have you heard Get up by All Good Things?

And a good poor man's poison song is feed the machine.

Also Death of Rock n Roll by pretty Reckless is great

Fun fact the lead singer of pretty reckless played little Lucie in the 2000s grinch movie with Jim Carrey

Have you heard Get up by All Good Things?

And a good poor man's poison song is feed the machine.

Also Death of Rock n Roll by pretty Reckless is great

Fun fact the lead singer of pretty reckless played little Lucie in the 2000s grinch movie with Jim Carrey
I heard the one by Pretty Reckless but not the other two! Tyvm!

You ever heard of Coheed and Cambria?
I heard one song from them on this game called “Rock Band” which my entire family use to play with me on the Wii snd I was HOOKED!

The main singers vocals are so unique and quite frankly, beautiful. This one particular song I’m referring to called “Welcome Home” by Coheed and Cambria

I HIGHLY reccomend you give it a listen

Greta Van Fleet is a newer band that has a Led Zepplin vibe.
Oh yeah, I've heard of them only recently, but they're really good! I absolutely love seeing messages from older generation in the comments section that thanks to their music people in their 60's can feel young again.

You ever heard of Coheed and Cambria?
I heard one song from them on this game called “Rock Band” which my entire family use to play with me on the Wii snd I was HOOKED!

The main singers vocals are so unique and quite frankly, beautiful. This one particular song I’m referring to called “Welcome Home” by Coheed and Cambria

I HIGHLY reccomend you give it a listen
Ooh, a new find! Never heard of them, will definitely do!

G

Gorosei Informer

Weird I didnt see these tag notifications, must have got drowned in my notifications maybe? My bad!

:neesama::emohiyo::nicagesmile::robinsweat:

Welp yep lol. Ironically I moaned about others doing the same due to this for my contests hahaha!

:kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::jay-he::fuah:

I strongly recommend Yonaka, their lead singer is extremely talented and hot which always helps ofc BUT they are a GREAT band genuinely and their live performances are SOMETHING else! I almost went to a live show in my city for them but didnt for personal reasons.

These are their best songs by far:

Imagine Dragons are as much "rock" and a "Decent band" as I am Superman. Although they do have a few really good songs regardless, Birds is absolutely beautiful especially with the actual video, but they snubbed the co-singer of the song with them pretty hard too. Monster is decent, I Bet My Life, Radioactive and Zero is also great, a very empowering song and was excellent in Wreck It Ralph 2, although I fucking hate that film lol.

MiracleOfSound does a lot of great rock music too, he does songs for games, tv shows, movies etc, mostly games constantly:

There's some great J-Rock bands on Youtube and stuff too, its worth looking up Rock music by bands in other countries on Youtube. UK still embraces rock a lot too but not on the mainstream as much.

:risiup::risiup::risiup::saden::hapnoel:

Rock is the new Disco anyway unfortunately.

There are some certain Youtubers and indie bands keeping rock alive regardless, rocks just been shunned out of the mainstream because its often seen as "satanic", too "rebellious/honest/no-nonsense/dark/not marketable or family friendly enough or w/e etc. Far too much expression of self allowed too /s.

I'm a boomer when it comes to music especially, pun not intended lol, I listen to mostly 80s to 00s, 2010s at latest stuff, I dont really seek out new music, I just find it by chance and I have no knowledge of the state of the industry, modern rock music, new bands, who to listen to etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I discovered Coldrain because they did Fire Force opening 2, and now they're one of my favorite bands. They capture that early 2000's metal energy pretty well.

I'm debating with my mom if the rock is dead and she challenged me to provide her with examples of good modern rock songs, and I'm stuck, I mean, what can compare to the good old classics like Queen, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC? Or more modern ones like Linkin Park, Green Day, Imagine Dragons, Five Finger Death Punch?

At the same time I'm struggling in finding really fresh songs I absolutely love to prove my point that there's still hope for the rock music.

@Rivaille @NotTommy @Usopp Haoshoku Haki @Veku @Gari @Bounty @Gari @Doggo @Haoshoku @hime @Nana @SmokedOut @ConquistadoR ] @Seth @Ekkologix @SDfear @RobertoTheOharaSurvivor @Zara @Vonal @Chrono @Peroroncino @Photon @SmokedOut @h_zorothegoat @Adam 🍎 @Sasparan @Black_Leg_Wanji @Inzziuma @Dr_Professor83 @Worst @Liquidhate @matt245 @Bepo D. Bear @Zoro CUCKSMOKE @Cross_Marian @Indigo's Lament @MonochromeYoru @park_min young @ZoroMazino @Kagu Nyan @Admiral Maynard @Tigerlily

@Dark Admiral @Dark Hound @U c 4 up da idly @Law-sama @Little Wing @Suave Slav @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Kvothe Kingkiller @Surgeon of death @Gol D. Roger @Nel-Zel fiasco @Yoshioka Seijuro @Fisher Tiger @Light D Lamperouge @zorojurou @SHIHI @mugiwalaw @Robin swan @Owl Ki @style @Luffy is the mc @Krusher1357 @Jaguark101 @Croci @Sslayer @ConquistadoR @Bepo @Shadowlord123 @Bepo D. Bear @Luslec @RayanOO @Liquidhate @TheAncientCenturion @Zoro CUCKSMOKE @kom5 @Fujishiro @Kucing Pencuri @Don DaSlayer @Yoru @Oblivion @Shisui @MonochromeYoru @Wuuuke @Utsuro @MarineHQ @lee33 @Missy @notAfanboy @Astolfo @NikaInParis @Mr.9000 @Courier @Kromage911 @Jorden625 @Akai2 @MUUGEN @Pantheos @Juliet @FreezyBreeze @PerfectHie @IceWitch @Power @NAMELESS @ZoroMazino @Tobra @BangOO🍅 @Gladwing0 @Warchief Sanji D Goat @zenox @Indigo @matt245

@FloriGlori @Leo @DizzyBrows @uyuu @Marimo_420 @Kucing Pencuri @Dark Hound @Arara @Yukihime @Zoro @zorojurou @Luffy bin Dragon @Senfret @sidestreetboy @PerfectHie @Don DaSlayer @RobertoTheOharaSurvivor @ConquistadoR @Indigo's Lament @Zoro CUCKSMOKE @SHIHI @Yo Tan Wa @Robin swan @Jorden625 @The White Crane @U c 4 up da idly @Astolfo @MUUGEN @Lax @Queek Hea D Taker @Alpha @ShimonoaZoro971 @mugiwalaw @Konstantis @gamaran @Blackknife @zorojurou @Kiwipom @sidestreetboy @djiayebee @Wh1p @Dr_Professor83 @Gladwing0 @Alpha @MonochromeYoru @Zoroe @Shadowlord123 @Butters @Dark Admiral @notAfanboy @NikaInParis @BangOO🍅 @NAMELESS @Lhulu @TheAncientCenturion @Cross_Marian @Indigo @Pantheos @Nibel @Toby D. Dog @Devilbat @Pot Goblin @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Yuelyn @Devilbat @The White Crane @Longleg Larry @ZenZu @Nibel
Mmmmmm Here's a list of groups that i listen if may help you
alter bridge, iron maiden, jinjeer, arch enemy, sabaton, powerwolf, stone sour, amorphis, avenged sevengfold, five finger death punch
U.D.O, lamb of god, mastodon, kill switch engage , manowar, amorphis.......
Deal with most of this groups is that they,re more metal than hard rock

Mmmmmm Here's a list of groups that i listen if may help you
alter bridge, iron maiden, jinjeer, arch enemy, sabaton, powerwolf, stone sour, amorphis, avenged sevengfold, five finger death punch
U.D.O, lamb of god, mastodon, kill switch engage , manowar, amorphis.......
Deal with most of this groups is that they,re more metal than hard rock
Thank you! I know some of them, and even went to FFDP concert once. My mom liked a couple of their songs, too!

@Rivaille @NotTommy @Usopp Haoshoku Haki @Veku @Gari @Bounty @Gari @Doggo @Haoshoku @hime @Nana @SmokedOut @ConquistadoR ] @Seth @Ekkologix @SDfear @RobertoTheOharaSurvivor @Zara @Vonal @Chrono @Peroroncino @Photon @SmokedOut @h_zorothegoat @Adam 🍎 @Sasparan @Black_Leg_Wanji @Inzziuma @Dr_Professor83 @Worst @Liquidhate @matt245 @Bepo D. Bear @Zoro CUCKSMOKE @Cross_Marian @Indigo's Lament @MonochromeYoru @park_min young @ZoroMazino @Kagu Nyan @Admiral Maynard @Tigerlily

@Dark Admiral @Dark Hound @U c 4 up da idly @Law-sama @Little Wing @Suave Slav @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Kvothe Kingkiller @Surgeon of death @Gol D. Roger @Nel-Zel fiasco @Yoshioka Seijuro @Fisher Tiger @Light D Lamperouge @zorojurou @SHIHI @mugiwalaw @Robin swan @Owl Ki @style @Luffy is the mc @Krusher1357 @Jaguark101 @Croci @Sslayer @ConquistadoR @Bepo @Shadowlord123 @Bepo D. Bear @Luslec @RayanOO @Liquidhate @TheAncientCenturion @Zoro CUCKSMOKE @kom5 @Fujishiro @Kucing Pencuri @Don DaSlayer @Yoru @Oblivion @Shisui @MonochromeYoru @Wuuuke @Utsuro @MarineHQ @lee33 @Missy @notAfanboy @Astolfo @NikaInParis @Mr.9000 @Courier @Kromage911 @Jorden625 @Akai2 @MUUGEN @Pantheos @Juliet @FreezyBreeze @PerfectHie @IceWitch @Power @NAMELESS @ZoroMazino @Tobra @BangOO🍅 @Gladwing0 @Warchief Sanji D Goat @zenox @Indigo @matt245

@FloriGlori @Leo @DizzyBrows @uyuu @Marimo_420 @Kucing Pencuri @Dark Hound @Arara @Yukihime @Zoro @zorojurou @Luffy bin Dragon @Senfret @sidestreetboy @PerfectHie @Don DaSlayer @RobertoTheOharaSurvivor @ConquistadoR @Indigo's Lament @Zoro CUCKSMOKE @SHIHI @Yo Tan Wa @Robin swan @Jorden625 @The White Crane @U c 4 up da idly @Astolfo @MUUGEN @Lax @Queek Hea D Taker @Alpha @ShimonoaZoro971 @mugiwalaw @Konstantis @gamaran @Blackknife @zorojurou @Kiwipom @sidestreetboy @djiayebee @Wh1p @Dr_Professor83 @Gladwing0 @Alpha @MonochromeYoru @Zoroe @Shadowlord123 @Butters @Dark Admiral @notAfanboy @NikaInParis @BangOO🍅 @NAMELESS @Lhulu @TheAncientCenturion @Cross_Marian @Indigo @Pantheos @Nibel @Toby D. Dog @Devilbat @Pot Goblin @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Yuelyn @Devilbat @The White Crane @Longleg Larry @ZenZu @Nibel
Greta Van Fleet

My bunnybat I never got this tag:crazwhat: maybe try again without centering them. Formatting almost always kills notifications