Best Video Game OST Tourney Sign Up

• Thread starter Gorosei Informer
  • Start date
Aye thats a great idea thank you! When you say shared their entries and check their progress, do you mean if they'vve submitted their entries to me or not and track how well each entry does too or something?

Doing one last roll call/tagging (even though I've only done 1 so far lmao) before I possibly close the sign ups MUCH later today! I can wait till tomorrow to close the sign ups if needed for any reason too.

Apologies to anyone if they've been tagged and don't want to be.

Tags:

@Rivaille @NotTommy @Usopp Haoshoku Haki @Veku @Gari @Bounty @Gari @Doggo @Haoshoku @hime @Nana @SmokedOut @ConquistadoR ] @Seth @Ekkologix @SDfear @RobertoTheOharaSurvivor @Zara @Vonal @Chrono @Peroroncino @Photon @SmokedOut @h_zorothegoat @Adam 🍎 @Sasparan @Black_Leg_Wanji @Inzziuma @Dr_Professor83 @Worst @Liquidhate @matt245 @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @Cross_Marian @MonochromeYoru @park_min young @ZoroMazino @Kagu Nyan @Admiral Maynard @Tigerlily

@Dark Admiral @Dark Hound @U c 4 up da idly @Law-sama @Little Wing @Suave Slav @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Kvothe Kingkiller @Surgeon of death @Gol D. Roger @Nel-Zel fiasco @Yoshioka Seijuro @Fisher Tiger @Light D Lamperouge @zorojurou @SHIHI @mugiwalaw @Robin swan @Owl Ki @style @Luffy is the mc @Krusher1357 @Jaguark101 @Croci @Sslayer @ConquistadoR @Bepo @Shadowlord123 @Luslec @RayanOO @Liquidhate @TheAncientCenturion @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @kom5 @Fujishiro @Kucing Pencuri @Don DaSlayer @Yoru @Oblivion @Shisui @MonochromeYoru @Wuuuke @Utsuro @MarineHQ @lee33 @Missy @notAfanboy @Astolfo @NikaInParis @Mr.9000 @Courier @Kromage911 @Jorden625 @Akai2 @MUUGEN @Pantheos @Juliet @FreezyBreeze @PerfectHie @IceWitch @Power @NAMELESS @ZoroMazino @Tobra @BangOO🍅 @Gladwing0 @Warchief Sanji D Goat @zenox @Indigo @matt245

@FloriGlori @Leo @DizzyBrows @uyuu @Marimo_420 @Kucing Pencuri @Dark Hound @Arara @Yukihime @Zoro @zorojurou @Luffy bin Dragon @Senfret @sidestreetboy @PerfectHie @Don DaSlayer @RobertoTheOharaSurvivor @ConquistadoR @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @SHIHI @Yo Tan Wa @Robin swan @Jorden625 @The White Crane @U c 4 up da idly @Astolfo @MUUGEN @Lax @Queek Hea D Taker @Alpha @ShimonoaZoro971 @mugiwalaw @Konstantis @gamaran @Blackknife @zorojurou @Kiwipom @sidestreetboy @djiayebee @Wh1p @Dr_Professor83 @Gladwing0 @Alpha @MonochromeYoru @Zoroe @Shadowlord123 @Butters @Dark Admiral @notAfanboy @NikaInParis @BangOO🍅 @NAMELESS @Lhulu @TheAncientCenturion @Cross_Marian @Indigo @Pantheos @Nibel @Toby D. Dog @Devilbat @Pot Goblin @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Yuelyn @Devilbat @The White Crane @Longleg Larry @ZenZu @Nibel @CoC: Color of Clowns

1- @Makima de Sade
2- @Adam 🍎
3- @Shimotsuki Ghostly
4- @Pot Goblin
5- @Ekkologix
6- @Fujishiro
7- @LANJI CUCKSMOKE
8- @MUUGEN
9- @Marimo_420
10- @Kagu Nyan
11- @The White Crane
12- @Cross_Marian
13- @NikaInParis
14- @Monster Zoro's Tesla Supplier
15- @Devilbat
16- @Owl Ki
17- @MonochromeYoru
18- @Goodman Grey
19- @Longleg Larry
20- @GUI

21- @CoC: Color of Clowns

Just Tagging Users that Actually vote!
@Natalija @SmokedOut @Nibel @Yuelyn @SakazOuki @MonsterKaido @Mr. Reloaded @Redboy776 @RayanOO @Jaguark101 @GrandmasterChef Zonji
I've added CoC to the tag list there as they seem to be missing too.
IAM IN!!! :funky:
But gonna sent it later due to work:josad:

Helpful tips
Aye thats a great idea thank you! When you say shared their entries and check their progress, do you mean if they'vve submitted their entries to me or not and track how well each entry does too or something?
Both!

1) make a list with people's names & their entries - will help you see who has submitted an entry and who did not, and you will be able to refer to it instead of getting lost in PMs

2) this list will have numbers if you use excel/google sheet, and you will be able to use RND.org to determine who fights who (https://www.random.org/sequences/ - I use 2 columns to see the pairs)

3) for the future, you can track who passed the round and add points for the final leader boards. I simply grayed out those who lost and hid those cells, but you can work out on your own strategy. Although, beware that when you have different number of voters in different brackets, it's better to check on percentage when you allow a losing entry to move forward.
E.g. you have 30 voters in R1B1 and 25 in R1B2. You have 2 entries with a vote ratio 12:18 in B1 and 2 entries with a ratio 13:12 in B2. Now, both 18 and 13 win, and out of those 12 points you'd take the one from B2, because it was almost 50/50 compared to 40/60 in B1.
R stands for round, B stands for bracket, just in case ;)

G

Gorosei Informer

Nice one!

:kata:

Both!

1) make a list with people's names & their entries - will help you see who has submitted an entry and who did not, and you will be able to refer to it instead of getting lost in PMs

2) this list will have numbers if you use excel/google sheet, and you will be able to use RND.org to determine who fights who (https://www.random.org/sequences/ - I use 2 columns to see the pairs)

3) for the future, you can track who passed the round and add points for the final leader boards. I simply grayed out those who lost and hid those cells, but you can work out on your own strategy. Although, beware that when you have different number of voters in different brackets, it's better to check on percentage when you allow a losing entry to move forward.
E.g. you have 30 voters in R1B1 and 25 in R1B2. You have 2 entries with a vote ratio 12:18 in B1 and 2 entries with a ratio 13:12 in B2. Now, both 18 and 13 win, and out of those 12 points you'd take the one from B2, because it was almost 50/50 compared to 40/60 in B1.
This is extremely helpful tyvm!

:lumazed::cheers::sweat::amazing:

I will accept around 32+ players optimally but I'd run the game with more or fewer in the tournament. To sign in simply post in this thread and say in. If you do not want to enter simply ignore this and do not post anything. If you wish to be added to the tag list let me know.

THE RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE, AND ARE AS FOLLOWS:

- YOU SIGN IN HERE.

- MAKE A PM WITH ME AND SEND ME YOUR CHOICE OF MOST HANDSOME CHARACTER FROM A MANGA OR COMIC BOOK, OR WEBTOON, OR MANHWA, OR MOVIE, OR A TV SHOW. BEST VIDEO GAME OST lmao, thank you @Indigo for pointing out the mistake!

- SYNOPSIS ISN'T NEEDED, BUT THOSE THAT DO SUBMIT A SYNOPSIS WILL WIN 50/50 IF THEY EVER GET INTO ONE

- FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, I.E. IF MULTIPLE PLAYERS CHOOSE THE SAME FIGHT THE ONE THAT PMED ME FIRST WILL GET TO KEEP HIS CHOICE THE OTHERS WILL BE INFORMED THAT THEY NEED TO CHANGE IT.

- THERE WILL BE NO CHANGING OF YOUR PICKS. YOU PICK ONE FIGHT AND RIDE WITH IT UNTIL THE END.

- AS SOON AS YOU SIGN IN HERE YOU CAN SEND ME YOUR FIGHT.

- YOU MAY VOTE FOR YOURSELF IN YOUR ROUND.

- THE TOURNAMENT WILL START ON FRIDAY/SATURDAY
Players

1. Ghostly
2. Devilbat (Has already PMed me their entry)
3. NikaInParis
4. Cream Filled Donu7
5. Gui
6. SakazOuki
7. TheAncientCenturion
8. Indigo
9. MonochromeYoru
10. SmokedOut
11. Ekkologix
12. Goodman Grey
13. Cross_Marian
14. Mr Reloaded/King of Betrayals
15. Jaguark101
16. Fujishiro
17. NotTommy
18. FloriGlori
19. Adam
20. GrandmasterChef Zonji
21. Monster Zoros Tesla Supplier ?

Tags:

@Rivaille @NotTommy @Usopp Haoshoku Haki @Veku @Gari @Bounty @Gari @Doggo @Haoshoku @hime @Nana @SmokedOut @ConquistadoR ] @Seth @Ekkologix @SDfear @RobertoTheOharaSurvivor @Zara @Vonal @Chrono @Peroroncino @Photon @SmokedOut @h_zorothegoat @Adam 🍎 @Sasparan @Black_Leg_Wanji @Inzziuma @Dr_Professor83 @Worst @Liquidhate @matt245 @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @Cross_Marian @MonochromeYoru @park_min young @ZoroMazino @Kagu Nyan @Admiral Maynard @Tigerlily

@Dark Admiral @Dark Hound @U c 4 up da idly @Law-sama @Little Wing @Suave Slav @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Kvothe Kingkiller @Surgeon of death @Gol D. Roger @Nel-Zel fiasco @Yoshioka Seijuro @Fisher Tiger @Light D Lamperouge @zorojurou @SHIHI @mugiwalaw @Robin swan @Owl Ki @style @Luffy is the mc @Krusher1357 @Jaguark101 @Croci @Sslayer @ConquistadoR @Bepo @Shadowlord123 @Luslec @RayanOO @Liquidhate @TheAncientCenturion @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @kom5 @Fujishiro @Kucing Pencuri @Don DaSlayer @Yoru @Oblivion @Shisui @MonochromeYoru @Wuuuke @Utsuro @MarineHQ @lee33 @Missy @notAfanboy @Astolfo @NikaInParis @Mr.9000 @Courier @Kromage911 @Jorden625 @Akai2 @MUUGEN @Pantheos @Juliet @FreezyBreeze @PerfectHie @IceWitch @Power @NAMELESS @ZoroMazino @Tobra @BangOO🍅 @Gladwing0 @Warchief Sanji D Goat @zenox @Indigo @matt245

@FloriGlori @Leo @DizzyBrows @uyuu @Marimo_420 @Kucing Pencuri @Dark Hound @Arara @Yukihime @Zoro @zorojurou @Luffy bin Dragon @Senfret @sidestreetboy @PerfectHie @Don DaSlayer @RobertoTheOharaSurvivor @ConquistadoR @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @SHIHI @Yo Tan Wa @Robin swan @Jorden625 @The White Crane @U c 4 up da idly @Astolfo @MUUGEN @Lax @Queek Hea D Taker @Alpha @ShimonoaZoro971 @mugiwalaw @Konstantis @gamaran @Blackknife @zorojurou @Kiwipom @sidestreetboy @djiayebee @Wh1p @Dr_Professor83 @Gladwing0 @Alpha @MonochromeYoru @Zoroe @Shadowlord123 @Butters @Dark Admiral @notAfanboy @NikaInParis @BangOO🍅 @NAMELESS @Lhulu @TheAncientCenturion @Cross_Marian @Indigo @Pantheos @Nibel @Toby D. Dog @Devilbat @Pot Goblin @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Yuelyn @Devilbat @The White Crane @Longleg Larry @ZenZu @Nibe

1- @Makima de Sade
2- @Adam 🍎
3- @Shimotsuki Ghostly
4- @Pot Goblin
5- @Ekkologix
6- @Fujishiro
7- @LANJI CUCKSMOKE
8- @MUUGEN
9- @Marimo_420
10- @Kagu Nyan
11- @The White Crane
12- @Cross_Marian
13- @NikaInParis
14- @Monster Zoro's Tesla Supplier
15- @Devilbat
16- @Owl Ki
17- @MonochromeYoru
18- @Goodman Grey
19- @Longleg Larry
20- @GUI

l

Just Tagging Users that Actually vote!
@Natalija @SmokedOut @Nibel @Yuelyn @SakazOuki @MonsterKaido @Mr. Reloaded @Redboy776 @RayanOO @Jaguark101 @GrandmasterChef Zonji

(Copy pasted this from Adam's threads)

I hope I don't fuck this up, I'm hosting one for the first time finally and based on that poll thread I did recently! Since some of the top entries were hosted already, the next highest ones from my poll are Best Video Game OST and Best Villain Motivation, so Motivation should be the next contest after this one too?

Apologies if you've been tagged and don't want to be, just let me know here or in PM and I will remove you from the tag list.

I'll do my best to host this and hopefully it will go well anyway. If any problems, please let me know here, in PM or let someone know to tell me at least!

Sign ups are ready anyway! I'll start the contest either Friday or Saturday too!
in

Both!

Bro did a master's thesis on WG tournament organising:crazwhat:

G

Gorosei Informer

It looks like this tourney will be epic. 👀🔥🔥
Absolutely! The entries are absolutely huge and honestly idk how the hell we're gonna vote between them tbh!

Feels like the Avengers Assemble scene from Endgame with all these tons of entries and extremely strong choices too!

This is gonna be an absolute wildcard of a tourney imo although its easy for me to biased due to hosting it ofc LOL!

Nice one man! Noted.

Bro did a master's thesis on WG tournament organising:crazwhat:
LMFAO, ironically it wasnt even me responsible for sucg an essay too! Feels weird somehow!

Honestly I appreciate it though, this helps a lot with the most difficult and important part of the contests, the core part of running them.

It's so complex but honestly I'm hoping to get it down so I can run them as smoothly as they can too.

Ahahaha, it's probably a professional deformation at this point, I work a lot with the documents where I need to describe approaches and processes :milaugh:

At the same time it is helpful for anyone new to the hosting, so I hope @Shimotsuki Ghostly will find the whole experience a little easier ;)
I absolutely do! I wish I had more support like this in life, it helps a lot, tyvm!
:cheers:

Sure, definitely! Welcome aboard!

@Shimotsuki Ghostly when do you plan to start the tourney?
If I were Ghostly, I would wait a little longer to see if anyone else joins and start on Monday.

Monday for me is the perfect day to start tournaments because they start and end and a week is enough time to have fun and finish in time for the next tourney.
Hmm I did say this friday-Saturday initially but if the players are OK with waiting, I can hold off until Monday to start.

That's a few days wait and I rather start sooner but what GUI said makes it sound a lot better to start on Monday instead?

I'm Happy for more people to join too, I need to update the player list and maybe Light may come back by Monday hopefully? So they can join too potentially?

If you're all OK with starting Monday then I can do that instead. Starting sooner is fine too.

GUI VI

Touch The Grass
Hmm I did say this friday-Saturday initially but if the players are OK with waiting, I can hold off until Monday to start.

That's a few days wait and I rather start sooner but what GUI said makes it sound a lot better to start on Monday instead?

I'm worried might be a bit too distracting around that
Yes, but I forgot one detail in my post, the tournaments I organized were held during OP break weeks.

Next week we will have a new chapter, so maybe people will be focused on spoilers and so on. So....the decision is yours.

G

Gorosei Informer

Yes, but I forgot one detail in my post, the tournaments I organized were held during OP break weeks.

Next week we will have a new chapter, so maybe people will be focused on spoilers and so on. So....the decision is yours.
Aye that was exactly my concerns too. I thought of the break weeks too.

Even if I start tomorrow, the contest is still gonna be running through the week when the spoilers and chapter drop potentially, but starting on Monday might still be worse due to this too.

I think starting tomorrow is best but I can wait however long is needed for any reasons. Tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, whenever lol.

GUI VI

Touch The Grass
Aye that was exactly my concerns too. I thought of the break weeks too.

Even if I start tomorrow, the contest is still gonna be running through the week when the spoilers and chapter drop potentially, but starting on Monday might still be worse due to this too.

I think starting tomorrow is best but I can wait however long is needed for any reasons. Tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, whenever lol.
Make a last tag list to see if anyone else wants to join.

I would probably still go for Saturday, you'll get R1 done by the time people are on their toes in the waiting room, and can promote R2 shamelessly there 😈

Then people will get a chapter on Wednesday, and there will be a lot of people in the forum in time for the finals since everyone will be talking about the chapter.

If you have most of the subs ready, you can kick it off! And don't hesitate to ask for pointers, R1 is usually the hardest due to sheer amount of entries, but once you're done with that one, next rounds will be a lot smoother. Just remember to keep it 1 thread per day for easier navigation, polls are usually open for 24 hours, the finale can be open up to 2-3 days if you want.

Lmao sure! It's a great choice regardless! I don't think you're meant to reveal your choice outside of the DMs to the host but I'm not bothered personally ofc lol.

I'll add you in with this entry if you like? Or we can discuss another entry in DM if we actually need to?

But should be fine imo, I'm hosting ofc so I'll allow it as the neme goes haha.

Oh sure thing! I'd love to host a movie music one too, I've already several ideas pending for it too, so if hosting this one goes well, I'm honestly more than happy to host a movie ost one after best villain motivation!

I'd love to do an art/image related one, maybe a best poetry one, another character related one and a story related one too!

I may do one piece, naruto, Bleach etc specific ones too!
Post automatically merged:

I'll do a final round of tags in a few hours then I'll start the contest tomorrow I guess? I'm so tempted to start it sooner but I'll give it until tomorrow as planned originally.

I need to prepare the actual round threads and brackets too, thats gonna be "fun" lol.
Go ahead lol, I don't think I'm gonna win but it's alright, I just do these because they're fun.

G

Gorosei Informer

Make a last tag list to see if anyone else wants to join.
Yeah I'll do one later as I did one recenly-ish and I'm not on the PC either, I hate posting from mobile, too awkward, slow and limiting lol.

I would probably still go for Saturday, you'll get R1 done by the time people are on their toes in the waiting room, and can promote R2 shamelessly there 😈

Then people will get a chapter on Wednesday, and there will be a lot of people in the forum in time for the finals since everyone will be talking about the chapter.

If you have most of the subs ready, you can kick it off! And don't hesitate to ask for pointers, R1 is usually the hardest due to sheer amount of entries, but once you're done with that one, next rounds will be a lot smoother. Just remember to keep it 1 thread per day for easier navigation, polls are usually open for 24 hours, the finale can be open up to 2-3 days if you want.
Aye that's really great advice again tyvm.

That does sound good/logical too.

Yeah it's the usual the first step is the hardest. Once the mountain has been chipped at so to speak, it will get easier for sure.