Black Clover Chapter 288 Spoilers Discussion Thread

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
See what I did there:myman:
And I would've thought you guys would be happy about a black clover movie. Better to send it off with a treat for the fans than just unceremoniously axe it. BC is getting better treatment than it's popularity and interest would suggest.
Oh, man trust me I would love to......

I can explain to you why this movie is almost tragedy for the franchise if you have a minute.

Seth

โ€Ž
Unfortunately :wellwell:

Go for it. I personally think BC has been doomed for a while but in a very different way.
Can't wait to see Mugen Train.

Unfortunately I will need to wait for someone to upload it after Blu Ray release since I live in trash country Cinema wise.

Kimetsu was good read for me up until certain point and actually mugen train and Season 2 which will cover Red Light District are fun.

This is my initial reaction to rumors about movie ( i knew movie is coming before the announcement ):
So. The big announcement that is set to be revealed on March 30th ( following the final Anime episode ) is the Movie.

This movie is bound to fail miserably. Fucking miserably...

1. Movie is 99% going to be an original story which will only push away fans from coming to the theatre.

2. Movie will be created by Studio Pierrot. The same studio that couldn't make a good impression with the start of the anime and didn't produce even 20% quality episodes while airing 170 of them.

I can list good quality episodes using all 10 of my fingers.

3. Movie production will take 1 year. Next year or more for Anime return. This means Black Clover will be left without Anime adaptation for 2-3 years......

2-3 years without money from Anime which was actually a pretty decent paycheck for Tabata. ( Manga sales are low, very low for a Manga that could be easily top 5 Oricon every year if Anime initial start didn't fuck things up )

4. It was recently confirmed that Tabata was forced by Jump Editors to change the plot of his own fucking story because it wouldn't be "too friendly". ( To make it shorter. Tabata is a huge fan of Berserk and he wanted Black Clover to be more dark and deep with deaths and shit ).

5. Black Clover's reputation in the anime industry is destroyed down to the core. People literally were not considering giving Black Clover a chance after the first episode of the anime..............

Now imagine an Original Story movie that is not connected to the canon plot....

6. Black Clover will basically run a movie with not hype and support from the Western community whatsoever and the Japanese community is no different. Black Clover has nothing but good Manga at the moment.

7. Black Clover will probably air a movie at a similar date to the Jujutsu Kaisen movie.

Let's get this straight. Jujutsu Kaisen will rape the ticket sales.

8. I'm literally broken down as someone who defends this series.

No thank you to fucking Pierrot.

+ on top of that Shueisha is not promoting BC. They shown the poster and don't care anymore.

Can't wait to see Mugen Train.

Unfortunately I will need to wait for someone to upload it after Blu Ray release since I live in trash country Cinema wise.

Kimetsu was good read for me up until certain point and actually mugen train and Season 2 which will cover Red Light District are fun.

This is my initial reaction to rumors about movie ( i knew movie is coming before the announcement ):
So. The big announcement that is set to be revealed on March 30th ( following the final Anime episode ) is the Movie.

This movie is bound to fail miserably. Fucking miserably...

1. Movie is 99% going to be an original story which will only push away fans from coming to the theatre.

2. Movie will be created by Studio Pierrot. The same studio that couldn't make a good impression with the start of the anime and didn't produce even 20% quality episodes while airing 170 of them.

I can list good quality episodes using all 10 of my fingers.

3. Movie production will take 1 year. Next year or more for Anime return. This means Black Clover will be left without Anime adaptation for 2-3 years......

2-3 years without money from Anime which was actually a pretty decent paycheck for Tabata. ( Manga sales are low, very low for a Manga that could be easily top 5 Oricon every year if Anime initial start didn't fuck things up )

4. It was recently confirmed that Tabata was forced by Jump Editors to change the plot of his own fucking story because it wouldn't be "too friendly". ( To make it shorter. Tabata is a huge fan of Berserk and he wanted Black Clover to be more dark and deep with deaths and shit ).

5. Black Clover's reputation in the anime industry is destroyed down to the core. People literally were not considering giving Black Clover a chance after the first episode of the anime..............

Now imagine an Original Story movie that is not connected to the canon plot....

6. Black Clover will basically run a movie with not hype and support from the Western community whatsoever and the Japanese community is no different. Black Clover has nothing but good Manga at the moment.

7. Black Clover will probably air a movie at a similar date to the Jujutsu Kaisen movie.

Let's get this straight. Jujutsu Kaisen will rape the ticket sales.

8. I'm literally broken down as someone who defends this series.

No thank you to fucking Pierrot.

+ on top of that Shueisha is not promoting BC. They shown the poster and don't care anymore.
Although I don't agree with them, I understand your frustrations. Just hope Tabata comes back with something after BC is finished.

Seth

โ€Ž
Although I don't agree with them, I understand your frustrations. Just hope Tabata comes back with something after BC is finished.
BC is just going for the movie from ground zero.

Do you know Nanatsu to Taizai case?
They had more hype than Black Clover has now and they went for "Original Story" movie with a better studio and the movie flopped.

My Hero, Kimetsu and Jujutsu went after movies after fantastic first season adaptations.

BC is going for the movie with ruined reputation and Studio Pierrot couldn't improve for 170 episodes.

So I don't expect them to shine now.

I still want this movie to succeed.

I know Tabata is not Togashi/Oda tier writer but dude's dedication.....

I saw a video of him creating the chapter. Dude he looks like a person who has the most fun doing his job...

He deserves more $$$ from manga sales and Manga sales won't grow if Movie flops.

I know you don't like the direction BC went but the Spade Kingdom arc really outdid the rest of the arcs Tabata drew.

Thanks for your time mate. Appreciate.

Seth

โ€Ž
Asta fighting on par or superior with a high-ranking devil is actually solid imo. His training start showing fruition.
I don't think so.

Too early in my opinion.

No Captain can solo 50% Dark Triad members, let alone Qlipoth Devils. Asta was nowhere near Captain level in fight vs Dante.

Dante mollywhopped him. Yami carried that.

Tabata is pushin dangerous plot armor territories....

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Mommy Fubuki!
โ€Ž
I don't think so.

Too early in my opinion.

No Captain can solo 50% Dark Triad members, let alone Qlipoth Devils. Asta was nowhere near Captain level in fight vs Dante.

Dante mollywhopped him. Yami carried that.

Tabata is pushin dangerous plot armor territories....
But Asta's Devil Union mode should help him at least go toe to toe with a devil. I'm not saying he can beat them by himself of course.

Seth

โ€Ž
But Asta's Devil Union mode should help him at least go toe to toe with a devil. I'm not saying he can beat them by himself of course.
If Lilith is good after this attack and still can fight then it's okay. Anti Magic is way overhyped not to do at least this much. But if he one shotted Qlipoth Devil which is hyped to be already stronger than Triad members at 100% then it's retarded af....

Seth

โ€Ž
Nah, no way Asta can one shot Lilith with his Anti-Magic.
I wonder what Lucifero knows about Asta's affinity. I mean, if he knew someone with Anti Magic before Asta/Liebe duo.

Nacht thinks that Asta's Anti Magic is the Ultimate Weapon to fight off the Devils where Lucifero called Anti Magic some low brass magic type.

If Asta did one-shot him then we can officially conclude he surpassed even Lord Julius in terms of power.
Inb4 Julius recovers his Prime power, Mid Diffs the Devil of Time and goes head to head with Lucifero :myman:

Didn't Patri hype this man to be the last bastion of order of some shit like that? Watch this be foreshadowing for the future. When everyone including Union Mode Asta has been stomped by the last three devils, it will be Prime Julius' time to shine :steef:

Seth

โ€Ž
If Asta did one-shot him then we can officially conclude he surpassed even Lord Julius in terms of power.
Nah G. Wizard King Level is the level Asta is aiming for EoS.

I think Julius beats every Qlipoth Devil with ease up until Top 3.

Then the difficulty may vary.

Gol D. Roger

ศถษฆษ› ึ„ษจส€วŸศถษ› ำ„ษจีผษข
โ€Ž
Nah G. Wizard King Level is the level Asta is aiming for EoS.

I think Julius beats every Qlipoth Devil with ease up until Top 3.

Then the difficulty may vary.
Wizard King isn't just about being strong my guy. There is a reason why I said Asta is at that level in power only. And it's a temporary power-up, unlike Juli who can fight at that level consistently. Juli is OP and all but I don't think he's beating superior devils by himself. He loses to most if not all Qliphoth demons.

Seth

โ€Ž
Wizard King isn't just about being strong my guy. There is a reason why I said Asta is at that level in power only. And it's a temporary power-up, unlike Juli who can fight at that level consistently. Juli is OP and all but I don't think he's beating superior devils by himself. He loses to most if not all Qliphoth demons.
I think he can beat every Qlipoth Devil until final 4

Prime minsiter and Main trio.