Black Clover - Chapter 308 - Yuno Grinberryall

Rate the chapter!

• Total voters
Just caught back up with Black Clover and what a cliffhanger to leave off at. I always wondered if Yuno had a Spade Grimoire, since he's royalty; cool seeing someone with two grimoires.

Side note: why do fans hate on Yuno? I swear some just like hate on prodigy type characters who play the rival to the MC.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Side note: why do fans hate on Yuno? I swear some just like hate on prodigy type characters who play the rival to the MC.
No one hates a character just for being talented; it's just that the number of BS power-ups Yuno gets just to stay relevant are ridiculously high for some to take a liking in him.

With that being said, I am not saying Yuno's current power up doesn't make sense. Magic in BC is obviously hereditary so it makes sense that he inherited the magic from his parents. Passing down magic powers in royal families is also a thing in BC; Kira-XIII, for example, inherited light magic, irrc.

He also inherited magic from his parents from his previous birth. As dumb and convenient as it feels, it still makes sense. However, bear in mind that non of this happened because Yuno is a prodigy. He received all these ridiculously OP abilities due to his genetics, which I don't think is a bad thing, but that can kinda make his character less enjoyable for your average reader than, say, a dumb kid who goes to a demonic creature, putting his life on the line, to beg for more power.

Last edited:
No one hates a character just for being talented; it's just that the number of BS power-ups Yuno gets just to stay relevant are ridiculously high for some to take a liking in him.

With that being said, I am not saying Yuno's current power up doesn't make sense. Magic in BC is obviously hereditary so it makes sense that he inherited the magic from his parents. Passing down magic powers in royal families is also a thing in BC; Kira-XIII, for example, inherited light magic, irrc.

He also inherited magic from his parents from his previous birth. As dumb and convenient as it feels, it still makes sense. However, bear in mind that non of this happened because Yuno is a prodigy. He received all these ridiculously OP abilities due to his genetics, which I don't think is a bad thing, but that can kinda make his character less enjoyable for your average reader than, say, a dumb kid who goes to a demonic creature, putting his life on the line, to beg for more power.
You can say that for all of the black bulls with all the bs power ups they conveniently get. Just cause someone was born with talent, they're journey can be just as enjoyable as the dark horse of the story. I don't think the hate is warranted, because Yuno being powerful make sense like u said. He also gives his all just like Asta, but he hardly gets credit. Dude doesn't hate on the MC and actually believes in him the most... well maybe Klaus got him beat, but for a rival character it's refreshing to see that.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
You can say that for all of the black bulls with all the bs power ups they conveniently get. Just cause someone was born with talent, they're journey can be just as enjoyable as the dark horse of the story. I don't think the hate is warranted, because Yuno being powerful make sense like u said. He also gives his all just like Asta, but he hardly gets credit. Dude doesn't hate on the MC and actually believes in him the most... well maybe Klaus got him beat, but for a rival character it's refreshing to see that.
Yeah, it happens to the other characters too, and I agree it's bad. But you can't say Yuno isn't all that bad because the other characters are bad too. The other characters aren't receiving any love for their BS power-ups either. People complain even when it happens to the other, often less prominent, characters too. It's just that Yuno gets the most hate because it happens to him more often than others.

Yeah, it happens to the other characters too, and I agree it's bad. But you can't say Yuno isn't all that bad because the other characters are bad too. The other characters aren't receiving any love for their BS power-ups either. People complain even when it happens to the other, often less prominent, characters too. It's just that Yuno gets the most hate because it happens to him more often than others.
Yeah black clover is no masterpiece. I know Noelle gets a lot of love and she get PU's just as much as Yuno if not more.