48h days?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
No you didn't....

Also @Xlaw you do not have to randomly use the busdrive btw.
It is ok to not use it...
Anti town af.
Your 3 usages messed with town a lot.
Just stop it Pein. You lose every discussion in this game, you underperformed.
:laughmoji:

I had all of the scum since day 1.
Literally.
Just juliet was wrong and she got there by trying to lynch kekko over Conquistador.
Smart town would had lynched that slot the next day.
Was a distraction and I used my ability on that slot every night after d1
Still you tunneled Juliet for bias. Ariess had the scummiest D1 and noone tunneled him. It shows that you had wrong preferences all the game.
Ariess was easily pushable for similair reasons and even more, yet noone pushed him D1.

Emil

Certified Memelord
Post less. Dont take the lead and allow other players to take the lead, and hope that they dynamize. You can push players D1 but dont act like you are right and your opinion is absolute. It is not, it is D1 and you are not confident, you're still on a little newbie level. Everyone is, including me.
its funny bc i left thread for a good 8+ hours and it only moved half a page. yeah not the right solution, but good suggestion

the second part doesnt apply here. i dont think anyone, me included, has claimed their opinion is absolute

Rej

Year of the black beard!
its funny bc i left thread for a good 8+ hours and it only moved half a page. yeah not the right solution, but good suggestion

the second part doesnt apply here. i dont think anyone, me included, has claimed their opinion is absolute
Then why do you tag people and tell them to vote a certain player? XD it is the most obnoxious thing to do in many cases. Maybe it works when major lynch or manda lnych. Why would you do that if you are an unconfident and uninformed towny D1 or so? There are many underlining aspects in your posts that give a hysteric vibe. You can get your grip together and make better plays throughout the other days. We all saw good and strong Ekko. But many posts give a hysteric vibe because they come quick, come with pressure and come with questions. That is not how a detective works and it can scare off players from playing and contributing.

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
So, my thoughts.

@Midnight Delight clear Town MVP. He played his role well, used his actions and used both results and reads to solve the game. He was one of the few Townies actively trying and also using flavour knowledge.

@Naomi and @Juliet share second MVP. They supported each other a lot, found each other quickly and had great actions. Both ended up preventing kills.

@MangoSenpai and @Xlaw did well, too. Both used their roles and also had good actions.

Props to @MonochromeYoru for the game deciding track. And general gameplay was good, too.

Some negatives would be…

@RippedCal you knew from your N3 actions that Pein was bus driven because Xlaw visited him. Why did you not figure this out?

@Zolo why did you not send actions for so many nights?

I also didn’t like @Ekkologix just subbing out like this tbh. I get that it was an inactive game, but you willingly damaged your faction even more by just quitting. Shameful stuff.

And @T-Pein™ …oh Pein, your votes and actions were just…not so good. Let‘s leave it at that.

@Vanellope Lhea and @Pot Goblin sucks you were offed so quickly. I liked both your plays.

@ConquistadoR and @Tobra you guys should have been more active. Your roles were both strong and heavily underutilized.

@Ariess already told you. Actions were great and threadplay was decent enough for you that you could have just skated by. Sucks your team was taken out so quickly.
My biggest problem is that I don't really know how to extract information and create meaningful discussions/ reactions

on this front I think Ekko is really good, he's good at creating interactions, even though some people may view him as annoying.

I know that my play this game was more on the passive side, but it worked out in the end

Emil

Certified Memelord
Then why do you tag people and tell them to vote a certain player? XD it is the most obnoxious thing to do in many cases. Maybe it works when major lynch or manda lnych. Why would you do that if you are an unconfident and uninformed towny D1 or so? There are many underlining aspects in your posts that give a hysteric vibe. You can get your grip together and make better plays throughout the other days. We all saw good and strong Ekko. But many posts give a hysteric vibe because they come quick, come with pressure and come with questions. That is not how a detective works and it can scare off players from playing and contributing.
rej when i tagged players to vote the day had 2-3 wagons of 1 vote each. r u okay with this?

players can feel free to ignore my tag or question me about it. i am not and i cannot force players to play and vote.

i am requesting players to vote on someone, i am not saying "vote this guy or i kill your family"

honestly rej what r u talking about m8. ur fine with day 1 being decided by 3 votes?

cant belive u r defending this nonsense

Rej

Year of the black beard!
rej when i tagged players to vote the day had 2-3 wagons of 1 vote each. r u okay with this?

players can feel free to ignore my tag or question me about it. i am not and i cannot force players to play and vote.

i am requesting players to vote on someone, i am not saying "vote this guy or i kill your family"

honestly rej what r u talking about m8. ur fine with day 1 being decided by 3 votes?

cant belive u r defending this nonsense
what should I say? there is a cultural clash in every game nowadays
I wish we could unite and set uniform aspects on what to lynch D1 or what to PoE as non town
I like @Michelle method of having non-voters selfvote at the end of the day, but not everyone understands mafia on that metalevel
also I am not defending any nonsense, I just pointed out how you always come off as hysteric lol

Rej

Year of the black beard!
I mean what is their to discuss, it's day 1 and it's 48 hours. I havent read the rules but fact no abilities are flying around means it's likely only for the night phase which means until then we have no solid info to go by besides the game set up
For example can we all agree for once to lynch this mentality instantly to the point that this mentality doesn't reappear in this mafia community?
That would for example to be a motivation to enforce votes and read people based on their votes and what they can add to the discussion. And henceforth find metadefining aspects.

edit: or read people based on their townreads

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Just skimmed over some of the post-game discourse. I plan to make a proper post with this later, but I think some clarification around when it's acceptable to sub out is required.

Fundamentally, finding a substitute is a courtesy the host may extend to players. It is not a right, or a demand. When you sign up, the expectation is that you play to your wincon until you are no longer a part of the game. This includes playing in good faith, and meeting the activity requirements the host establishes. Too often lately I have seen players demand to be subbed out, and then angrily berate the host for not having done so. When you request to sub out, you should do so in private, ideally with some form of reason, and leave it at that. Once the host has seen it, they will search for one. The host should then seek to discuss this, if possible, with the player, that they might be able to avoid having to replace them.

Reasons for subbing out vary. Generally speaking, "I didn't want to play any more" isn't a very polite one. When you play any competitive game, stepping away from the table early usually results in some form of penalty, whether that be a temporary suspension, a ban, or whatever. I will not belabour this point, but please try to be considerate of others, especially the host in this case. If you aren't enjoying it, it's almost always better to discuss this with the host first, and then see if something can be done.

As a community, we have far too many games where subs are involved. In future, let's try to make that not be the case, ya?

Emil

Certified Memelord
When you play any competitive game
I can only comment on this part. This was not a competitive game, but I understand that you are generally speaking.

soooo... can we finally have a split of competitive games and non competitive games ;o ? the rules for competitive games can be strict and they all need to be small game size to ensure solid activity and subs availability. can limit post counts if needed too. competitive games can have records tracked like how drago used to track wins losses for each alignment or other stats. i'd gladly volunteer to do that

Rej

Year of the black beard!
I can only comment on this part. This was not a competitive game, but I understand that you are generally speaking.

soooo... can we finally have a split of competitive games and non competitive games ;o ? the rules for competitive games can be strict and they all need to be small game size to ensure solid activity and subs availability. can limit post counts if needed too. competitive games can have records tracked like how drago used to track wins losses for each alignment or other stats. i'd gladly volunteer to do that
I was the one who argued with Drago about removing the tracking. And I will argue against it again.
You can host competetive games, but is there enough interest for it?
Also what Ratchet means with "competetive game" is mafia in general as a concept. It is a party game all the way but it is also competetive.
Even if it is a party game, you cant ruin the party and the euphory by subbing out with a bad attitude. I also wanted to do so but then I know about the hosts struggles and I'd rather pull through. Tho some hosts have been asses to me in the past and subbed me in D0/D1 lmao.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
@Ekkologix I used the word "competitive" as an adjective, "in or related to competition". That does not require high or risky stakes, meaning that people are playing against each other. Which Mafia definitely allows for.

Emil

Certified Memelord
I was the one who argued with Drago about removing the tracking. And I will argue against it again.
You can host competetive games, but is there enough interest for it?
Also what Ratchet means with "competetive game" is mafia in general as a concept. It is a party game all the way but it is also competetive.
Even if it is a party game, you cant ruin the party and the euphory by subbing out with a bad attitude. I also wanted to do so but then I know about the hosts struggles and I'd rather pull through. Tho some hosts have been asses to me in the past and subbed me in D0/D1 lmao.
@Ekkologix I used the word "competitive" as an adjective, "in or related to competition". That does not require high or risky stakes, meaning that people are playing against each other. Which Mafia definitely allows for.

yes i get ratchets point. sadly there probably isnt enough interest in actual tryhard games. i mean i can try starting one maybe for 12-14 players only and see if there will be any interest. there is generally no longer as much interest in mafia honestly

i dont really know if implementing sub rules will help the quality of the games. i dont think its the actual issue with the games. activity and interest is something beyond any host control

yes i get ratchets point. sadly there probably isnt enough interest in actual tryhard games. i mean i can try starting one maybe for 12-14 players only and see if there will be any interest. there is generally no longer as much interest in mafia honestly

i dont really know if implementing sub rules will help the quality of the games. i dont think its the actual issue with the games. activity and interest is something beyond any host control
The old users are getting burnt out and most new users in WG in general are only here for Spoilers and Powerscaling/Agendas compared to the early days of this forum or Orojackson days. Those types aren't that interested in the social aspects of a forum

It says a lot that most Mafia players are either Old Players or Mafia Veteran Immigrants from dying forums

Status
Not open for further replies.