Theory Blackbeard Ate His Third Devil Fruit Long Ago

Found this on in reddit, very interesting read imo
"Blackbeard's biggest secret is revealed: "Teach's laugh is the key to everything." The craziest theory about how Teach was able to eat two fruits.

One of the secrets of One Piece is how Teach was able to eat two fruits? The answer would be with a question: What if Teach had eaten a devil fruit before, so he could eat two fruits?

Now you will wonder what this fruit is. You will be shocked if I tell you the answer is in Teach's laugh:
As we know many characters in One Piece, the way they laugh is taken from the name of their fruit, such as:

-Whitebeard: his laughter is "gurararara" and his fruit is "gura-gura nomi."
-Peruna: her laugh "horororo" and her fruit "horo-horo nomi"
-Big Mom's chef: his laughter, 'kukukuku', and his fruit, 'kuku-kuku nomi' Now Teach's laugh is "ZEHAHAHA." What fruit applies to his laughter?

Answer: => There is a mythical creature called Bai-ZE, and it is called in Japan, Haku taku. If we combine the first and last letters of his names (capital letters), we will get ZEHA, which is Teach's laugh, and the strange thing is that this creature has many things that literally apply to Teach:
  • The Bai-Ze (Bai ze) is a spiritual being that is described as a tiger, sheep, or lion, whatever is important. It has several horns and has three faces: one on the front and two on the sides. Each face has 3 eyes. If you notice, the flag of Teach's crew is three skulls. A skull on the front and two skulls on the sides, and he also has three guns. According to the legend, Bai-Ze has three souls, and this explains why Teach ate two extra fruits. Each demon from a fruit has a soul!!!
The most prominent characteristic of Bai-Ze, whether it is a tiger, a sheep, or whatever, is the beard. Note the picture below, which is an imaginary image of this creature. His beard is very similar to Teach's beard.
  • Bai-Ze is described as killing an earthquake yokai, "earthquake monster" who when angry shakes the earth, and we have Teach who kills Whitebeard, who is an earthquake fruit user.
*The meaning of the name Bai-Ze in kanji is "white marsh." It's the names of two characters related to each other, and one killed the other: "White Beard & Marshall D Teach" Also, the actual pirate from which Teach was quoted was known as Blackbeard, and he was called "Edward Teach" and pronounced "Edward Tatch." Oda manipulated his name and divided it into three related characters: "Edward Newgate" and "Tatch," who were killed by "Teach," and did he take their fruits?

Legend says that Bai-Ze knows all forms of demons and spirits, and the matching point here is that in chapter 440, Teach says to Ace, "I know all forms of devil fruits from my reading of the Devil Fruits book." This explains the reason why his crew took strong fruits such as shiliew and Katrina, because of his knowledge of all the devil fruits and his targeting of them.

In China and Japan, Bai-Ze is called the cultured beast, and his knowledge is said to go back to ancient times. So in SBS Volume 81, Oda writes, "Teach's favorite hobby is historical research," and in SBS Volume 88, Oda says, "If Teach was not a pirate, he would be an archaeologist."
  • The Bai-Ze can read all human languages, and from this I'm 70% sure that Teach can read the Poneglyph. On top of that, he is aware of other secrets, and I guess that Teach will not kidnap Robin to read the Poneglyph because he doesn't need to do that.
  • The Bai-Ze's favorite food is herbs, and in Ace's novel, when the Whitebeard crew liberated a village from thieves, the residents gave them flowers, and Teach ate these flowers, and everyone was amazed as he asked the crew members to give him their flowers to eat.
  • Clarification: For those who think that Teach injured Shanks using the claw he was wearing in the fight against Roger's crew and Whitebeard, they are wrong, because after the fight, Shanks appeared normal without any injury. Teach's use of this weapon was just a misdirection from Oda to hide the truth of Teach's fruit, as I mentioned in the theory.
Just ask yourself why the scene of Teach's wound to Shanks hasn't appeared yet. Why was Shanks surprised at how Teach injured him if he used a claw weapon to do that?And why did Shanks leave the fight between Whitebeard's and Roger's crews without any scratch?

If this theory came true, Teach would be able to collect mighty fruits of each of the three types:

-Zoan fruit: Bai-Ze fruit
-Logia fruit: the darkness fruit
-Paramecia Fruit: Earthquake Fruit

"

Personally I don't think Oda is stupid enough to give him the hippo devilfruit just because Teach's animal is a hippo, not something Oda does.

Theory written by u/Yassine_Bouriga from reddit

Found this on in reddit, very interesting read imo
"Blackbeard's biggest secret is revealed: "Teach's laugh is the key to everything." The craziest theory about how Teach was able to eat two fruits.

One of the secrets of One Piece is how Teach was able to eat two fruits? The answer would be with a question: What if Teach had eaten a devil fruit before, so he could eat two fruits?

Now you will wonder what this fruit is. You will be shocked if I tell you the answer is in Teach's laugh:
As we know many characters in One Piece, the way they laugh is taken from the name of their fruit, such as:

-Whitebeard: his laughter is "gurararara" and his fruit is "gura-gura nomi."
-Peruna: her laugh "horororo" and her fruit "horo-horo nomi"
-Big Mom's chef: his laughter, 'kukukuku', and his fruit, 'kuku-kuku nomi' Now Teach's laugh is "ZEHAHAHA." What fruit applies to his laughter?

Answer: => There is a mythical creature called Bai-ZE, and it is called in Japan, Haku taku. If we combine the first and last letters of his names (capital letters), we will get ZEHA, which is Teach's laugh, and the strange thing is that this creature has many things that literally apply to Teach:
  • The Bai-Ze (Bai ze) is a spiritual being that is described as a tiger, sheep, or lion, whatever is important. It has several horns and has three faces: one on the front and two on the sides. Each face has 3 eyes. If you notice, the flag of Teach's crew is three skulls. A skull on the front and two skulls on the sides, and he also has three guns. According to the legend, Bai-Ze has three souls, and this explains why Teach ate two extra fruits. Each demon from a fruit has a soul!!!
The most prominent characteristic of Bai-Ze, whether it is a tiger, a sheep, or whatever, is the beard. Note the picture below, which is an imaginary image of this creature. His beard is very similar to Teach's beard.
  • Bai-Ze is described as killing an earthquake yokai, "earthquake monster" who when angry shakes the earth, and we have Teach who kills Whitebeard, who is an earthquake fruit user.
*The meaning of the name Bai-Ze in kanji is "white marsh." It's the names of two characters related to each other, and one killed the other: "White Beard & Marshall D Teach" Also, the actual pirate from which Teach was quoted was known as Blackbeard, and he was called "Edward Teach" and pronounced "Edward Tatch." Oda manipulated his name and divided it into three related characters: "Edward Newgate" and "Tatch," who were killed by "Teach," and did he take their fruits?

Legend says that Bai-Ze knows all forms of demons and spirits, and the matching point here is that in chapter 440, Teach says to Ace, "I know all forms of devil fruits from my reading of the Devil Fruits book." This explains the reason why his crew took strong fruits such as shiliew and Katrina, because of his knowledge of all the devil fruits and his targeting of them.

In China and Japan, Bai-Ze is called the cultured beast, and his knowledge is said to go back to ancient times. So in SBS Volume 81, Oda writes, "Teach's favorite hobby is historical research," and in SBS Volume 88, Oda says, "If Teach was not a pirate, he would be an archaeologist."
  • The Bai-Ze can read all human languages, and from this I'm 70% sure that Teach can read the Poneglyph. On top of that, he is aware of other secrets, and I guess that Teach will not kidnap Robin to read the Poneglyph because he doesn't need to do that.
  • The Bai-Ze's favorite food is herbs, and in Ace's novel, when the Whitebeard crew liberated a village from thieves, the residents gave them flowers, and Teach ate these flowers, and everyone was amazed as he asked the crew members to give him their flowers to eat.
  • Clarification: For those who think that Teach injured Shanks using the claw he was wearing in the fight against Roger's crew and Whitebeard, they are wrong, because after the fight, Shanks appeared normal without any injury. Teach's use of this weapon was just a misdirection from Oda to hide the truth of Teach's fruit, as I mentioned in the theory.
Just ask yourself why the scene of Teach's wound to Shanks hasn't appeared yet. Why was Shanks surprised at how Teach injured him if he used a claw weapon to do that?And why did Shanks leave the fight between Whitebeard's and Roger's crews without any scratch?

If this theory came true, Teach would be able to collect mighty fruits of each of the three types:

-Zoan fruit: Bai-Ze fruit
-Logia fruit: the darkness fruit
-Paramecia Fruit: Earthquake Fruit

"

Personally I don't think Oda is stupid enough to give him the hippo devilfruit just because Teach's animal is a hippo, not something Oda does.

Theory written by u/Yassine_Bouriga from reddit
I've seen this before and it has been my headcanon since then.

I've read this theory for a long time ago I really like it and believe in it, and it also makes me interested in Japanes mythology, thanks for sharing it.