Episode Discussion Bleach Episode 10: The Battle

What do you rate the episode

• Total voters
This episode starts off amazing, continuing the fight with Unohana and Zaraki. I loved the emotion in this fight and some of the shots with Unohana were :steef:

We finally see Unohana's bankai and I'm kinda disappointed that she doesn't use the same tone of voice like you hear in the BBS game. To me it felt a bit off, but regardless it was amazing to watch.

Still don't know wtf it does lol, at least I know it is blood related though.

The end of the fight, Kenpachi finally wins and we have an emotional moment with Unohana which in my opinion was a good add on. Having a voice to something like that just has much more of an impact compared to reading. The anime makes for a completely different experience than the manga and I loved every bit of this fight.

Just in case you don't know what that voice was that was
Kenpachi's SHIKAI. He has two zanpakutou spirits.

After that fight we got the "NUMBER ONE ZANPAKUTOU CREATOR". The goat himself Oetsu Nimaiya.

This is where Ichigo starts working towards his true zanpakutou, he gets dropped in that cave full of asauchi so we're going to see a huge moment from him soon. Everything starting to lead up to the giant ocean where Ichigo forges Zangetsu.

Overall this episode was one of the top tier ones this season, we got so much information here like the fact that Ichigo was fighting WITHOUT an asauchi the entire time. He never forged a zanpakutou with the nameless sword that Oetsu made for everyone, but a fake sword from his soul.

When Ichigo finally forges his true sword, he's going to be a massive problem for the quincies.

@PrinceKun @Jaguark101 @Yelan’s Minion @Dark Admiral @Playa4321 @RayanOO @Mr. Reloaded @ShadyOjiro @MonsterKaido @Garp the Fist @Fuckthis3 @Reborn @SmokedOut @IceWitch @ZenZu @Warchief Sanji D Goat @SaitoH @Shisui @SkySanji @Mr.9000 @Don't Mind Me @MonochromeYoru @NikaInParis @Surgeon of death @Kerkovian @wordy @Udell @Bob74h @Playa4321 @ChefboiiFuego @TheAncientCenturion @Boris D. Foot @Nidai_Kitetsu @MarineHQ

Last edited:
So it looks like the acid melting aspect of the bankai is indeed metaphorical, like people thought.

So it’s actual use... looks like healing herself plus using the blood to expand her range?
That's what it seems like, even now I still don't get what it does entirely, but we have some idea of what it does.

The one time a character doesn't explain their ability and it had to be a character with the same release command for both shikai and bankai.

Whole fight I was just like how tf these two never fuck each other then kenpachi hit her with the 'i haven't had enough yet" yea bruh we know what you mean by that :catlewd:also this basically unohana fighting on her period with all that blood 😂 one last thing it always was weird that it took a child to satisfy her in a fight gave off a lil hisoka vibes :wellwell:

Wow, is it over already? The fight was great though.
I love his reaction to finally "waking up" and realizing that he's been unconsciously holding himself back. Luckily, Unohana has the cure for edging.

The lines were delivered a little different than I had imagined them. I always thought it was like this:

But instead it was like: "GODDAMN YOU KNOW WHAT I FUCKING LOVE BATTLE! SHIT!"
"Yeah, I knew you were crazy..."
Which tbf is probably more in character than what I had projected onto it.

Still, the way everything they say is a double entendre... it makes my mind go places.

Unohana's bankai was really well done and I liked how they slid around on the blood too. She's a logia!
@T2K Baka How does she sound in the game? Got a link? edit: N/m just saw. I like them both!

Oetsu's hipster Japanese English sounds exactly like I expected, lol. Looking forward to seeing Ichigo forge his blade and finally, FINALLY, someone can tell that poor child about his roots.

We finally see Unohana's bankai and I'm kinda disappointed that she doesn't use the same tone of voice like you hear in the BBS game. To me it felt a bit off, but regardless it was amazing to watch.
The way she pronounced "Bankai" though was chilling and better than the game. In the BBS she sounded like her Retsu version, in the anime they made it clear she's not just the soft kind woman from the 4th division.

The background music are always great on each scenes. Ouetsu's VA did a great job too.

People wants a clear explanation on Unohana's Bankai for a long time now.
Unohana's banakai: