Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

• 2/5

• 3/5

• Total voters
Isshin leaving Masaki out his report since he understood how hard it must've been for her to actually help him, she risked helping a shinigami ratting them out and getting the rest of the Quincies exterminated. Like his son, he doesn't let his debts go unpaid.

We also start seeing the effects of White on Masaki and Kisuke can sense it as well. She also got ratted out by her own kind instead, but at least she doesn't risk the extermination of her entire race.

What I found interesting are the mark's on Ryuken's mother. It looks like she got burn marks or some sort scar from an injury. It would be interesting if we can get a backstory on that.

Kisuke revealing himself to Isshin and Ryuken to help Masaki and explain the hollowfication. It causes soul suicide for not just Quncies, but shinigami as well. The only way to counter it is through the reiatsu of a 3rd race.

Since Quincies don't have an innate resistance to hollows, they need the counterforce to be there constantly which is why Isshin has to bind his soul to Masaki until she dies. This prevents Ryuken from marrying her since she's not a pureblood anymore.

Isshin accepting the offer without hesitation shows a lot about his character and where Ichigo a bit of his personality from. I really like how close Ichigo is to his parents in terms of personality, it's one of the few shonen series where the MC is extremely similar to their parents. The only other one I can kinda think of is Naruto.

I also like how both Isshin and Masaki saying something similar about how if they don't help a person in need, then their future selves would laugh or be disappointed in them. This probably shook Ryuken since he heard the same thing from Masaki.

That Katagiri and Ryuken moment :cheers:

The Masaki and Isshin moment :steef:

Glad it wasn't some sort of relationship where they were forced and resented each other then learned to cope with it, but an actual bond over time. At least now Ichigo knows about his mother a lot more now. There was a lot of things he still didn't know about himself.

The cliffhanger with how his mom really died is great, it leads to the Auswählen. Overall it was a nice episode, not a lot of action, but great context story wise.

@PrinceKun @Jaguark101 @Fami Zogratis @Dark Admiral @Playa4321 @RayanOO @Mr. Reloaded @ShadyOjiro @MonsterKaido @Garp the Fist @Fuckthis3 @Reborn @SmokedOut @IceWitch @ZenZu @Warchief Sanji D Goat @SaitoH @Shisui @SkySanji @Mr.9000 @Don't Mind Me @MonochromeYoru @NikaInParis @Surgeon of death @Kerkovian @wordy @Udell @Bob74h @Playa4321 @ChefboiiFuego @TAC @Boris D. Foot @Nidai_Kitetsu @MarineHQ @OniKagura @Shanal @Owari Da

Last edited:
I don't care about Ichigo mom at All but it still was interesting to watch her flashback
It definitely was a interesting flashback. I think it was important to understand more about Ichigo since a lot of his drive is centered around his mother. She died in front of him and that drove him to protect what he can since he doesn't want himself or anyone to experience that kind of loss.

We also see a lot of his personality from his mother and father.

Two episodes in one day???

And btw, I was right
Misaki is ryuken's cousin

Post automatically merged:

Never mentioned this but sucks we never got the remixed number one theme in the show
it was only in the trailers

not to say, the new theme is bad just wish we heard more of the theme

Urahara always coming in with the info dump! Though I've always wondered why Isshin and Masaki decided to have not just one, but three children since they knew that White would be attached to them.

I thought they actually had a real fight here, but I was misremembering. Only took one Getsuga Tensho! Wish it had looked a little cooler though, since it was a life-saving, life-changing, story-driving move.

Oh Ryuken and Katagiri :perocry:

Does Ryuken even like either Masaki or Katagiri? Or is he just resigned to whatever highscore bloodline percentage he can gain (or that his mother wants him to maintain?)

What I found interesting are the mark's on Ryuken's mother. It looks like she got burn marks or some sort scar from an injury. It would be interesting if we can get a backstory on that.
I'd never noticed that until the anime! It would be cool to hear more about Masaki's family, too.

It was nice to see some bright sunlight and happy colors for a few scenes. Overall, the episode was a good lore dump that didn't feel overwhelming.

Last edited:
I'd never noticed that until the anime! It would be cool to hear more about Masaki's family, too.
I noticed that too, it was shown in the manga when I reread the chapter. Maybe it's implying Ryuken's mother was also attacked by a hollow before, albeit a regular one, not an artificial like the one that attacked Masaki. She did tell Ryuken to wait for his father since they probably have something to heal regular hollow wounds/poison.