• 3/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4/5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Awesome episodes, anime team is killing it.

Sucks majorly that we won't get the continuation of the series until July, but man...

We're about at chapter 540/541 while only on episode #13 and there's supposed to be 50+ episodes. The pacing has been absolutely insane.

Can't find the breakdown, but on reddit someone posted that if the anime keeps this pace we can expect 10~ episodes worth of filler content to fix fights from the manga, add new ones and generally include quality of life improvements.

The anime's only getting better.

The asuchi being hollows created by layering numerous shingami souls is a neat thing as it parallels white who was created by the same method

i/m currently in the episode 9 and Ichigo already got his both Zanpakuto in 13..?? wasn't the flash back kinda long where his dad tells him the story about his mother..
It helped to explore the narrative
of how ichigo got his hollow powers aswell as adding depth to his parents

and adds greater context to the shingami vs quincy conflict

The explanation of who Zangetsu is and why Ichigo has two Zanpakuto spirits was clearer than it was in the manga.

The captains side-quests were well done and felt meaningful. I'm looking forward to seeing Komamura's story animated, but I think we have an entire volume before we cut back to that story.

The forging of Ichigo's new swords was awesome! Wish it didn't have credits over it, lol. But it was fucking spectacular and you can see that even Nimaiya was impressed by it.

It's gonna be a long wait for the next episode! They've really done a great job so far.

Just watched both episodes and my goodness that was a treat. I teared up a little bit with the flashbacks of Zangestu. Perfectly explained and executed, people always shitting on Bleach even though it has always been a great show. I'm a bit upset that they didn't just animate the whole thing week by week. We get low tier animation from One Piece week by week and Boruto...ugh. Well it was a great 13 episodes either way. All of em.....5 stars.

In this episode, it was interesting to see what strategies the various captains focused on to prepare for the next phase. HItsugaya humbly asked for training, hoping to be able to compensate for the loss of his Bankai. Kensei planned to force Hisagi to develop his Bankai with Mashiro's help to bolster the shinigami side and have as a backup in case any more Bankai are stolen. Mayuri did strange, secretive experiments (of course). Soifon trained by herself to increase her physical abilities. Komamura's part was the most interesting, in that he was looking toward his family's abilities to improve his power. It was neat to see that someone that wore a helmet to conceal himself for so long wanted to synthesize more of his heritage with his role as a shinigami. I look forward to seeing the fruits of everyone's efforts in future battles.

This section of the manga was a good place to end for this group of episodes, and not just because it's after part one of the war and before part two. It also is a milestone for Ichigo's development. Now that Ichigo finally knows about all of the different parts of himself, everything can settle into its proper place. It ends up being the perfect time to re-fashion Zangetsu, as he now understands the hollow and Quincy parts of himself enough to no longer be confined by them. The emotional impact of those scenes was excellent.

I enjoyed this first group of episodes greatly. The animation and acting were excellent. The pacing, which at some points was almost breakneck, let everything flow smoothly, and it covered a lot of ground efficiently. It will be difficult to wait until July for the next set, but I look forward to what will happen next.

Yep, thoroughly enjoyed the Bleach comeback. Think the clear highlight of the first cour had to have been Yamamoto’s big fight. Always enjoyed Kubo’s “Rain” chapters, think they’re some of his best work. Number One always gets the hype going.

Course, we’ll see what the rest brings, cause being honest, I think by far the best part of the TYBW in the manga was what was covered this cour.

Regardless, looking forward to the next block. Imagine it should cover Kenpachi, Rukia, Renji and Komamura. Wonder where it will end, Ywach getting to the Royal Palace? Don‘t think we’ll get the Ichibei fight until the third cour at any rate.

Yep, thoroughly enjoyed the Bleach comeback. Think the clear highlight of the first cour had to have been Yamamoto’s big fight. Always enjoyed Kubo’s “Rain” chapters, think they’re some of his best work. Number One always gets the hype going.

Course, we’ll see what the rest brings, cause being honest, I think by far the best part of the TYBW in the manga was what was covered this cour.

Regardless, looking forward to the next block. Imagine it should cover Kenpachi, Rukia, Renji and Komamura. Wonder where it will end, Ywach getting to the Royal Palace? Don‘t think we’ll get the Ichibei fight until the third cour at any rate.
The Ichibei fight is most likely going to be the 3rd cour. There is a lot of anime original content here, so that would probably push the fight back quite a bit.