• 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/5

• 3/5

• Total voters
Good episode

With how many lines Yhwach had this episode I noticed that I don't really like his VA that much. I hope he sways me over once Yhwach becomes more energized in his speech.

If Ichigo was a real person he could walk up to any black guy, use the n word, and I would just chačk it up to his grandfather being black or smt. The guy's a cocktail of genes and powers

That felt like a short episode, but it was crammed full of awesomeness.
The OG Gotei look brutal and nasty, like the band of criminals they were.

Interesting on how they focused on Yama being willing to sacrifice his men back then. There's a lot of stepping on people in this episode, putting feet on heads-- it's such a heartless thing to do, and I guess we're supposed to contrast that with Yama's "new" mindset of protecting people and the peace they had achieved... but for me, it really just brought home Yama's hypocrisy.

Badass Unohana :lumazed: She looks so cool in action and it's great to finally see her fighting!

Byakuya sure talks a lot for a guy who's mostly dead :sus:
I liked the colors during Ichigo v Yhwach contrasting with the gray rain. Blut Vene looks cool, too. Poor Ichigo, nobody ever tells that kid anything, haha.

Wow. For real? Fucking Choijiro, not even in his bankai blitzed and impaled Yhwach, so that Yamamoto could pull the good ol’ Raditz.
I’m dumbfounded by this, I’m not sure if Choijiro’s stocks (at least his younger self) should be on the rise, or Yhwach’s stocks should decline, yikes, good call on him having Pernida around to protect himself against Yoruichi’s technique. Still, quincies aren’t supposed to have the sturdy body of a shinigami/arrancar, and rely more on hax/ranged, so there’s that.
Kubo and the Pierrots went to such great lengths in showcasing the old Gotei, the cynic part in me is expecting this to be the groundwork and publicity for a hell arc, though I don’t think they’ll be antagonistic, Ichigo always needs some kind of training in every arc, who else is left to give him that, than the original Gotei? Same for Ukitake.
The part about Yhwach recalling the original Gotei was done poorly, I must say, Yhwach’s VA spoke too quickly and couldn’t catch his breath.
There are also some new things, like Yhwach’s fight with Ichigo, in the manga, Yhwach defeated Ichigo much more easily and faster, though we got a new quincy technique, which were for the most part forgotten after Royd showcased the “ultimate spell”. (There’s also Sankt Altair, but considering Yhwach himself is using a medallion that steals bankais at the cost of volstanding, this power seems downright inferior to them, to compensate the loss of a trade-off).
Also, haha, during the flashback, they decided to use a technique called “chiaroscuro” to darken Yamamoto and Yhwach’s eyes, deliberately hiding a spoiler under the guise of art direction, not bad.
Now, I need to wait the adaptation of God Like You. The anime has already expanded on lots of things, so I’m curious, is Yamamoto mellowing out, connected to the words he spoke to Wonderweiss before killing him? Dare I say: the last fourth level sevret2? (Rofl, been a while since I used that term.
Good stuff, good stuff.

Last edited:
Lore question btw:
Why didn't Yhwach have the Almighty 1000 years ago?
He was born being able to share his powers and take them back afterwards. And we saw how op he is with it in the current time line. So what's the reason?
Yhwach had the Almighty, you see him in a flashback with Bazz-B shortly before attacking Soul Society, and Hashwalth clearly says he needed to wait in order to regain his powers before facing the gotei.
Thing is, it doesn’t help much, Yhwach stops what he can see, so things like Aizen using illusions fucks him up.
The flame Yamamoto uses isn’t the bankai, but his reiatsu manifesting. Yhwach cannot see his heat with his eyes, and that fucks up the countering .

Last edited:
Thing is, it doesn’t help much, Yhwach stops what he can see, so things like Aizen using illusions fucks him up.
The flame Yamamoto uses isn’t the bankai, but his reiatsu manifesting. Yhwach cannot see his heat with his eyes, and that fucks up the countering .
This makes no sense, you can't see Aizen's illusions since there is no release anymore. Yamamoto's bankai can still be seen being activated in the future, so that also doesn't make sense.

I think he either had an inferior version of it back then or he didn't have the powers yet.

It's better to wait and see what the anime has for us.

He didn't blitz Yhwach. He impaled him while off guard. Doesn't mean much.
Come on now, imagine if this was Rangiku getting a good shot at Aizen/Yamamoto, it means he was fast enough for Yhwach to not sense his reiatsu, and strong enough to bypass the blut vene he should be using to withstand being so close to Yamamoto.
It’s not even the worst anti feat he has, now that I think about it, Orihime blocked one of his attacks when had absorbed the SK.
Post automatically merged:

This makes no sense, you can't see Aizen's illusions since there is no release anymore. Yamamoto's bankai can still be seen being activated in the future, so that also doesn't make sense.

I think he either had an inferior version of it back then or he didn't have the powers yet.

It's better to wait and see what the anime has for us.
You don’t need to release your shikai if you mastered a bankai, Aizen should have bankai, even though it wasn’t shown.
Seeing the release doesn’t mean he could stop the power itself that he cannot see, he is able to stop Ichibei because he can clearly see the ink, but that doesn’t mean the Almighty is a “I win” button, he needs Pernida’s help vs Yoruichi, is affected by KS, needs a medallion to stop Yamamoto even though he could declare the war days later after re-obtaining the Almighty, given the quincies position prior to the declaration.
As for the Almighty, no use to introduce an inferior version all of a sudden just for the sole reason to save his clout, especially now that Choijiro put hands on him, and we do see him in chapter 632-633 with said Almighty, prior to the war.

Last edited:
it means he was fast enough for Yhwach to not sense his reiatsu, and strong enough to bypass the blut vene he should be using to withstand being so close to Yamamoto.
Not really. It means that:

- He was suppressing his reiatsu and hiding under the bodies
- Yhwach was distracted and wasn't paying attention.
- He wasn't using Blut Vene

Also, I don't think Yama had his Zanjitsu Gokui as a technique back then. He had a different bankai than what Yhwach faced 1000 years ago.

now that I think about it, Orihime blocked one of his attacks when had absorbed the SK.
That's not an anti-feat. That's a feat for Orihime. Her power could've potentially rejected the Hogyoku, but all of that depends on her mental state and determination. She's a pacifist and normally doesn't like hurting others, but against Yhwach she was firm on protecting Ichigo which is why it didn't break.

Not really. It means that:

- He was suppressing his reiatsu and hiding under the bodies
- Yhwach was distracted and wasn't paying attention.
- He wasn't using Blut Vene

Also, I don't think Yama had his Zanjitsu Gokui as a technique back then. He had a different bankai than what Yhwach faced 1000 years ago.

That's not an anti-feat. That's a feat for Orihime. Her power could've potentially rejected the Hogyoku, but all of that depends on her mental state and determination. She's a pacifist and normally doesn't like hurting others, but against Yhwach she was firm on protecting Ichigo which is why it didn't break.
No, Yamamoto having a different bankai was an early mistranslation of MS (the same guys that had Kenpachi wanting to rape quincies and Shinji talking about kong) propagated then in BA, what he says, and you can watch the episode 6 again if you want, is that he didn’t use his full power 1,000 years ago, and this episode gives the context behind it.
Having blut vene is pretty much required, quincies use the spiritual power/reiatsu differently than shinigamies, it’s not their body that gets stronger inwardly, but their manipulation outwardly, unless specific cases connected to their schrifts, like James, Gerald, Driscoll etc. Yhwach’s being the Almighty, who doesn’t power up the body.
There are also clear limits to Orihime’s powers, resolve doesn’t magically solve the reiatsu difference between two people, like being unable to resurrect the Soul King (Yhwach himself calls her a mere human, and her resolve was pretty much the same, if not better considering the situation got worse)healing Ichigo vs Ulquiorra, her being able to reject the Hougyoku is also quite dubious, if Soul Society is able to remove the Hougyoku from Aizen, without even having to kill him in order to avoid troubles with the gates of hell, they would jump at the opportunity, it was a throwaway line Orihime said, and well, you know how her story in the Arrancar arc went.
But that’s fine, I guess we can classify this as a feat for Choijiro, sneak attack or not, Bazz-B, Nanana and As Nodt tried the same but failed, you need some degree of skill and power to pull it off, otherwise someone like Soifon would go and oneshot everyone.