Rules Kingdom General Discussion

Listen man I love these ancient history stories, but I would have liked to see them more as underdogs, rather than automatically getting acquainted with one of the strongest people in China.
Sei has no actual power at the beginning of the story. Lel. His royal title is a formality that he has to fight for over several arcs. If one were to read Sei’s backstory then one would learn that Sei is as much of an underdog as Shin if not even more so.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Chapter 1 - We're underdogs, yet we're already super strong
They’re underdogs because they’re slaves, not because they’re weak lol. It’s literally impossible for a slave to even become a General at this point in China, let alone a Great General. They want to wrack up great achievements so that they can ascend from their lives as slaves.

You would know this if you waited until at least chapter 5 to express your opinion on a 650+ chapter manga that has won critical awards and is currently outselling Wano. Lol

Chapter 2 - Already acquainted with current king...
A King who has 0 political power and no allies, on the run from assassins and soldiers, who’s 2 rival factions in Qin alone are both exponentially stronger than his lol. Let alone factions from other states.

Again, you would know this if you made it past chapter 3.

At least Oda didn't reveal Garp and Shanks' Yonko status up until Water 7, till he got people hooked :suresure: Then he was like "too late to quit bitches".
Stick to manga written for babies like OP, that hype up arcs for 8 years and still get beat by Kingdom in the end lol. When you can comprehend a manga like that one, then maybe you’ll be able to appreciate Kingdom lol.

Assuming you can even make it to chapter 5 before thinking that anyone on the internet cares about your opinion instead of randomly tagging you on topics that you are clueless on just to laugh at you (which has been 100% of your OJ and Worst Gen presence thus far)

Last edited:
Kingdom’s 2020 manga sales have officially surpassed One Piece’s

How many volumes for each?
Post automatically merged:

Started reading this and already turned off.

Some underdog story lmao. At least Oda didn't reveal Garp and Shanks' Yonko status up until Water 7, till he got people hooked :suresure: Then he was like "too late to quit bitches".
I doubt you're gonna like this manga, but if you keep reading it you'll realize that both your hot takes are wrong. Shin and the king are like EB Zoro... Little frogs in a well....

Some underdog story lmao. At least Oda didn't reveal Garp and Shanks' Yonko status up until Water 7, till he got people hooked :suresure: Then he was like "too late to quit bitches".
That was half ass try. Your loss tho. :kayneshrug:

If you are really looking to give it a try, read past Shin first campaign/war or Ryofui return. That's when real beauty of Kingdom Manga kicks in. And if you make it to Coalition arc, there's no return for you boi.

are you serious..??:seriously: What King puts on a women's make up on their face to hide his pain and fatigue to put up a morale of his people in the frontline battle..?? But that's a little ahead in the road. However, if you really like an underdog story try; Vagabond.:kata:

are you serious..??:seriously: What King puts on a women's make up on their face to hide his pain and fatigue to put up a morale of his people in the frontline battle..?? But that's a little ahead in the road. However, if you really like an underdog story try; Vagabond.:kata:
Vagabond is also a good read. To be honest, I'm excited for the next major battle. I'm curious to know what Wei has been up to lately.

Sei has no actual power at the beginning of the story. Lel. His royal title is a formality that he has to fight for over several arcs. If one were to read Sei’s backstory then one would learn that Sei is as much of an underdog as Shin if not even more so.
it's funny how early in story Ryofui can walk in there and say he tried to assassinate Sei's ass yesterday with a legion of seasoned assassins no problem and everyone in the throne room still ignores it, shows you that "King" Ei Sei was literally nothing but a small prey stuck in the civil war between Ryo/Queen Mother. Just reflects how many real life countries' decisions go beyond what their public face "sovereignty" announce.

You can see above Shin was pale like a little rat realizing that shit in Qin politics goes beyond simple "King" and Generals. Ei Sei doesn't become an actual ruler of the state until like 400+ chapters later, after a bloodbath with Kanyou burned to crisp lol.

Last edited:
That's a fair way to look at it; but, I think if you're going to be invested in it, you should try to read at a minimum maybe 25 maybe?
At bare minimum for Kingdom, I would recommend reading up to Chapter 73 which covers the first two story arcs of Kingdom.

The first story arc shows off Kingdom’s political intrigue plots while the second arc (which covers the Dakan Plains campaign) gives readers a taste of the cunning tactics employed in grand battles by the epic Generals of Kingdom.

For people who wanted to give it a try the first rule is to avoid the anime first season at all cost. I tried the anime 2/3 years ago maybe and dropped it after 3/4 episodes at best it was awful.

It is only when I went at the manga last year with WG that I appreciated Kingdom.

The anime can truely make people go away.
I did the opposite, I started with the manga and tried the anime, quickly dropping it. I'm really hoping they can get a new anime studio to give it another go. Maybe the same company who does the Fate/Stay Night series?

Listen man I love these ancient history stories, but I would have liked to see them more as underdogs, rather than automatically getting acquainted with one of the strongest people in China.
Im not trying to be a dick but thats gotta be one of the worst reasons not to read one of the best mangas out that I've ever heard Duke

Especially considering the long standing hardships they endure off the simple fact that Sei is indeed who he is lol You'd have to read it to understand what I'm saying I guess.