Current Events Bounties : insane inflation for captains while subordinates get a modest ones

Seatonnes

is probably playing Overwatch 2
Did you even read the post lol.

Kidd and others couldn't even defeat Pacifista preskip, yet had higher bounty than Zoro who'd one-shot his entire crew.

That was the example used.
its almost like we dont know how kid got that bounty
so its not a fair basis and we already know, bounties arent based on strength, but thats how you think bounties are

its almost like we dont know how kid got that bounty
so its not a fair basis and we already know, bounties arent based on strength, but thats how you think bounties are
I don't think bounties are based on strength, but it's bloody obvious captains have more reasons to inflation between having powerful crews and territories under them.

When we've been given reasons for bounties of Yonkos, those crews and territories were massively emphasized for 3/4 of them. 5/6 if we include Buggy and Luffy.

Either way, crashing Enies Lobby, defeating CP9, entering New World in a big way, escaping marines and Sentomaru all while one-shot'ing Pacifista on-screen (the same ones who Kidd couldn't get close to beating by himself). And then going over to Dressrosa, helping in bringing down fucking Doflamingo and taking on his strongest subordinate alive in a massive way in front of all of nation including Fujitora.

All while facing off against Fujitora twice and being able to push him a bit.

I somehow doubt things Kidd did pre-skip surpassed it all all while being proven to be far, far, far pathetically weaker, but who knows. Point still stands, either way.

I personally think Nami and Usopp deserve 1 bil bounties. Sanji and Zoro deserve 2-3 bil bounties.

In fact I think once Luffy becomes Pirate King the Four Yonko will be Zoro, Nami, Usopp and Sanji.

We know Blackbeard has to kill to steal a devil fruit, and can give the fruit to another person. Blackbeard will kill Enel (BBKE) and the Goro Goro no Mi will end up eaten by Nami. Nami will be the Big Mom Yonko, only this time she'll have the Giants on her side thanks to Usopp. So in actuality I think Usopp and Nami will combine to be worth one Yonko.

Sanji's Yonko crew is already forming with a bunch of former MADS members slowly reuniting. With Caesar Clown, Judge, Reiju, Ichiji, Niji, Yonji and maybe later Queen. Sanji will also have the Germa Army and all their science under his wing. I think Sanji is set to takeover Whitebeard's positon.

Zoro's Yonko crew is up in the air. Zoro could absorb the Scabbards and have them follow his lead. However, this would require Momo and them to give Zoro full control over their forces. This is why I think Zoro will be revealed as the Seraphim Zero experiment that failed. Zoro is actually a cross between Kaidou's genes and Ryuma. There must've been a third gene mixed in that was the Ancient Oni gene. I think Ancient Onis are actually the devil fruits themselves. They were killed and turned into fruits during the Void Century, and Zoro himself is the Spirit Devil Fruit. This makes sense since Zoro was with the Ghost Fruit user during the Time Skip, since this now parallels Luffy's Nika fruit being with Hancock's newly revealed special Mero Mero no Mi fruit. I think there's a reason why Hawkins, Ashura Doji, Izou, Kanjuro, Orochi, Ryuma, Yasuie and the other dead Wano daimyos were featured as dead characters in Wano. Their deaths are because Zoro will will summon all of their spirits and will have a spirit army. Zoro will essentially be a one man army. He will essentially be Mihawk's actual position as a Yonko without a Guild and instead an army of apes he'll have an army of spirits. This will be what the foreshadow of Zoro saying he'll have the samurai following his lead actually means.

I don't think bounties are based on strength, but it's bloody obvious captains have more reasons to inflation between having powerful crews and territories under them.

When we've been given reasons for bounties of Yonkos, those crews and territories were massively emphasized for 3/4 of them. 5/6 if we include Buggy and Luffy.

Either way, crashing Enies Lobby, defeating CP9, entering New World in a big way, escaping marines and Sentomaru all while one-shot'ing Pacifista on-screen (the same ones who Kidd couldn't get close to beating by himself). And then going over to Dressrosa, helping in bringing down fucking Doflamingo and taking on his strongest subordinate alive in a massive way in front of all of nation including Fujitora.

All while facing off against Fujitora twice and being able to push him a bit.

I somehow doubt things Kidd did pre-skip surpassed it all all while being proven to be far, far, far pathetically weaker, but who knows. Point still stands, either way.
Kidd killed a couple of no name pirates, isn't that enough?
Inb4 he killed civilians, as if the WG cared about them.

- This is a legit thing is one piece :

<> Captains get insane inflation in their bounty which isn't related to strength while subordinates doesn't get that insane boost, there is only an inflation of the captains that is 50 million whch was said in sbs .

An example :

Pre ts Kid has 315 million while post ts after Pica Feat got 320 million

Now are you gonna say Mr Pre ts Kid who has 315 million can achieve Post ts Zoro's feats and he is on the same threat level as him ?
Kid who needed his crew and Law to beat a pacifista ?

THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE , We see some People here seeing Boa getting 1.6 billion , Oh ofc she is above YC Nah things don't work like that ; we need a statement from a source that her bounty is solely strength based like mihawk or we judge her with feats and portrayal we already have Doffy's standing above Boa based on MF's portrayal :
Brannew when he wanted to mention Wardlords he started with the strongest Mihawk until the weakest one buggy .
It goes like that :

Mihawk > Doffy > Kuma > Boa hancock > Law > Buggy

( Mihawk started the war vs WB , Doffy attacked Oars Jr and Kuma attacked him afterwards )

so All in All, 7 Warlords were seen as a force to balance Yonko with 3 admirals there in Marine HQ against 4 emperors .

Boa's feats are just YC level and people already put her above her real level while she got neg diffed by Yami Teach who got low diffed by dead whitebeard .

same dead beard struggled againsr akainu who can't bypass YC 1 Marco to kill luffy

Boa or whatever warlord you have there with the exception of Mihawk whose bounty is solely strength based << he is worth 3.6 billion as the WSS / fitting for the WSS >> is confirmed to be at least Yonko level , crocodile ? boa ? show feats or statements or hype that he is above YCs or he is just there .

Thanks for reading .

@ConquistadoR @MarineHQ @HA001 @nik87 @Geo @Shanal @Gol D. Roger @ShishioIsBack @CbShadow @Aknolagon etc etc etc .......
Its actually the other way around, subordinate bounties get higher due to association with a Captain.

The bounties of the emperor's are only raised by two things: Strength and Danger posed to the World Government.
Yonko commanders' bounties also raised by strength and Danger posed to the WG, however, their association with an emperor also raises their bounties.

Let's recap why Rayleign is wanted :

- PK's right hand man
- was stronger than an admiral in his youth according to him
- went to Laugh Tale so knows the truth about the WG (don't forget Ohara got wiped from the map because the scholars were getting closer to the thruth).

And the dude still a pain in the ass because even retired, he keeps doing things which might again increase his bounty :
- trained Luffy
- stopped an admiral to capture the strawhats crew (pre ellipse and post ellipse)
- is technically an accomplice for Koby's kidnapping.

This dude has inevitably a 4 billion+ bounty.

Preskip Kidd > Post-DR Zoro and post-WCI Sanji, then?

Preskip Law > WCI Sanji?

"Far stronger" can be a factor, but different cases exist.
I think bounties in the first half of Grand Line are inflated. Think about it :

The Marines were until 2 years ago in the first half to prevent new pirates to become stronger and go to the New World.
Their main goal before the timeskip was to stop new promising pirates to become a far greater danger in the New World, so those pirates were highly wanted.
But once in the New World, those pirates become the norm (100mil bounty was insane in the first half of Grand Line but is casual in the New World).

What you are forgetting is that bounties are based on what the government has seen. We as an audience know Zoro Post-DR (w/ 320M) could solo a pacifista, so he should have a higher bounty than that and the 320M bounty is inaccurate. But the government can only judge Zoro on what they had seen up until that point, and government determined that Zoro's actions in DR merited a 320M bounty.

So instead of seeing it as an accurate 320M bounty pirate can beat a pacifista (it can't), see it as a accurate 320M bounty pirate being able to beat Pica.

I think this is the same with the captain bounties. The captains tend to be the ones that show their power the most, thus the government has more information to give accurate bounties. This makes the captains bounties a lot higher, but a lot more accurate to their power/influence. On the other hand, the less a subordinate is in the public eye (the less they show how dangerous they are), the more the government will underestimate their threat level. Giving them an inaccurate bounty that is too low to what we know of their true threat from an audience's perspective and judge them based on the threat level of their captain. This is why the post-DR bounties for most strawhats was +50M and the post-Wano was +300M. Only cases where these standard bounty raises don't happen are cases like when subordinates take out the highest ranking members of a rival pirate crew (Zoro beating Pica -> +200M, Zoro beating King -> +791M, Sanji beating Queen -> +702M), or rumors/infamy (Usopp being called a massive threat by Doffy in DR -> +170M, Buggy being considered a great uniter of strong underlings -> +3.174B).

Also note, cases were governments give bounties with false information to the public to make them wanted but hide their true threat. Example is Robin knowing how to read poneglyphs, so the government wants her captured but they can't say she can read poneglyphs so they put out the false claim she took down battleships for the 79M bounty. In fact, I think now her bounty is more in line with her actual threat to the government.

Points that make this not make sense:
- Luffy, Zoro and Sanji soloed pacifistas when returning to Sabaody and their bounty was not updated. But this could be due to those models not being as strong as they used to be and the government didn't see merit in raising their bounties. (But I really think this is an oversight by Oda and their bounties should have gone up for that)
- Jinbei going +1B when he defeated a member of the Tobi Roppo like Franky/Robin. But it could be because of Jinbei's infamy and now joining Luffy and having his captain's infamy influence his bounty.

OP has always been a series that focuses on its captains. I've no idea why OP fans used to dispute this.

Only a select few commanders are remotely comparable to their captains and they are seen as truly unique.
Post automatically merged:

Let's recap why Rayleign is wanted :

- PK's right hand man
- was stronger than an admiral in his youth according to him
- went to Laugh Tale so knows the truth about the WG (don't forget Ohara got wiped from the map because the scholars were getting closer to the thruth).

And the dude still a pain in the ass because even retired, he keeps doing things which might again increase his bounty :
- trained Luffy
- stopped an admiral to capture the strawhats crew (pre ellipse and post ellipse)
- is technically an accomplice for Koby's kidnapping.

This dude has inevitably a 4 billion+ bounty.

I think bounties in the first half of Grand Line are inflated. Think about it :

The Marines were until 2 years ago in the first half to prevent new pirates to become stronger and go to the New World.
Their main goal before the timeskip was to stop new promising pirates to become a far greater danger in the New World, so those pirates were highly wanted.
But once in the New World, those pirates become the norm (100mil bounty was insane in the first half of Grand Line but is casual in the New World).
When did Rayleigh say he was stronger than an Admiral? I'm not disputing the idea, but rather the statement.

THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE , We see some People here seeing Boa getting 1.6 billion , Oh ofc she is above YC Nah things don't work like that ; we need a statement from a source that her bounty is solely strength based like mihawk or we judge her with feats and portrayal we already have Doffy's standing above Boa based on MF's portrayal :
What else would her bounty be for??

- She's not part of any organization.
- The first time she did something as a pirate, she got a 80 mil bounty, the same year World Government feared her power (stated in the manga) and decided to make her warlord at age 18.

They're giving her 1.6 bil for a crew weaker than WCI Luffy's, who got 1.5 Bil for having 7 "powerful captains" under him along with his normal crew + 5000 worth people in his fleet + being able to order the Germa 66 and sun pirates + having connections with the RA?

Ok so you think Weevil > Mihawk? Since he was mentioned before him or no? (here come the million excuses)

It's literally the list of the OG worlds with highest to lowest bounty, and then two new worlds highest to lowest bounty. If you think Kuma is weaker than Doflamingo, lord help you.

eh...
"I'd like to help them, but i'm getting old" is not the same as "I am stronger than an Admiral" to be honest. Not to say he wasn't, but the quote doesn't match up to the opinion.
He didn't say word for word he was stronger than an admiral but Rayleigh implied that in his young days, he would have been able to deal with an admiral + the Kuma issue. Dealing with two major issues like that requires some serious skills, like being stronger than an admiral to fight him and then go help the strawhats against a Shichibukai.

He didn't say word for word he was stronger than an admiral but Rayleigh implied that in his young days, he would have been able to deal with an admiral + the Kuma issue. Dealing with two major issues like that requires some serious skills, like being stronger than an admiral to fight him and then go help the strawhats against a Shichibukai.
Basically he'd be able to hold them back enough for the strawhats to escape. Which makes sense since not like Kizaru can go all out there.

Still doesn't translate into beating an admiral in his prime days. Just being able to fight Kizaru while also help out the Strawhats escape.