General & Others Can we please not ruin the Netflix adaptation of One Piece and be open for something different.

I didn't know Kenshin was an adaptation back then
The movies were good enough for me to rewatch and recommend to my friends
I didn't see the new ones but the trilogy that came out a few years back was pretty awesome
the manga/source material is goated, can't say the same with the author though. can't believe such an awful human being manage to create a masterpiece.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Don’t know how this will go over, and I know we’re a while out from seeing it but I just want to get this out now. I make this post because after seeing the destruction of the Netflix Cowboy Bebop series I hated how the community reacted. I was an anime purist at first, but after taking the time to enjoy it for what it was I was able to really like it and look forward to a season 2. I was even able to get my girlfriend into the series who loved it and wasn’t as interested in the anime. And I think that’s what important! This is a chance to get people into the series we love and consuming this amazing story. There should be criticisms for sure, but please just let others enjoy it and be happy with that fact that One Piece continues to grow and be a series everyone can appreciate.

Side note - I originally wrote this to be posted in the animanga One Piece Reddit page and after looking through this one for a while everyone here seems super excited and open for the Netflix adaptation which makes me happy. I imagine the other page will be much harsher on it.
Yea the reactions to Cowboy Bebop reflects badly on the entire anime community. It wasn't great, but it wasn't the end of the world either, weebs take their favourite cartoon characters way too seriously. Live adaptations will never be a 1:1 of the anime/manga, it's impossible. Let them do their own thing, just treat it as its own verse to make it work for that format.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Side note - I originally wrote this to be posted in the animanga One Piece Reddit page and after looking through this one for a while everyone here seems super excited and open for the Netflix adaptation which makes me happy. I imagine the other page will be much harsher on it.
No shit, the lemmings on Reddit were less critical about something related to the cartoon they adopted in lieu of a personality? Been up for days trying to figure out why this could possibly be :choppawhat:
Live action movies of anime will never something i look forward to no matter how well done it is:gonope:
I know you must hate Dragonball: Evolution as much as I do :risicheck:

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
Just seeing how they absolutely bastardized the design of going merry should tell you everything about the absolute state of this piece of shit netflix "adaptation"
:gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

“We”? Its not us who decides that.

the right question is:

Can Netflix NOT fuck up the One Piece adaptation and be prepared to expect justified backlash from us incase they do?

I

Indigo

One Piece won't work, it just won't, and it's not even the fault of the producers.

One Piece just isn't a story that will adapt well to live action.

I think i will enjoy it tho, but i doubt it will be considered good.