Chainsaw Man - Chapter 123 - Hors D'oeuvre

Rate this chapter!

• Total voters

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
โ€Ž
@Pot Goblin do you wanna be added to the tag list?

No, that was Asa's cat.
Sure, I need the reminder anyway as I always forget lol
:shocking:

denji gonna pull up text chapter
Kinda worried since dude has a shitload of trauma, especially the hidden stuff
:emohiyo:
Post automatically merged:

Maybe that's how he meets Blood Devil in order to fufill Power's contract
:shocking:

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Anyway, great chapter. Glad we're getting more exposition on primal devils. Just wish we'd got some clarification on how they are classified. Falling, I guess I could imagine it like a primal fear. And the way her powers work is nice. Why is she roleplaying as a chef tho lmao??

An hors d'oeuvre, appetiser or starter is a small dish served before a meal in European cuisine. Some hors d'oeuvres are served cold, others hot. Hors d'oeuvres may be served at the dinner table as a part of the meal, or they may be served before seating, such as at a reception or cocktail party

So the Falling Devil is a primordial Devil? Getting a little confused based off last chapter
Yeah it's a primal devil. Fami explicitly stated she is
I don't see the point in her lying tbh, especially with Yoru's and Nayuta's reactions to it as well

How she appeared is a mystery tho. Maybe the rules don't apply to them and they can appear like that. Or be summoned. Or perhaps and this would be a really cool way to do it, is that the Death Devil is killing them all in Hell in order for them to appear on Earth. I think that works best because if they could always appear, why wait till now and stuff.​

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
โ€Ž
Anyway, great chapter. Glad we're getting more exposition on primal devils. Just wish we'd got some clarification on how they are classified. Falling, I guess I could imagine it like a primal fear. And the way her powers work is nice. Why is she roleplaying as a chef tho lmao??

Yeah it's a primal devil. Fami explicitly stated she is
I don't see the point in her lying tbh, especially with Yoru's and Nayuta's reactions to it as well

How she appeared is a mystery tho. Maybe the rules don't apply to them and they can appear like that. Or be summoned. Or perhaps and this would be a really cool way to do it, is that the Death Devil is killing them all in Hell in order for them to appear on Earth. I think that works best because if they could always appear, why wait till now and stuff.​
thinking about that,
I magine death only being one of the 4 strongest devils.
maybe they only can appear when the world is in absolute chaos and enough people are dead, to start the apocalypse.

and there they appearโ€ฆ Death, Pest, Hunger and War.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
thinking about that,
I magine death only being one of the 4 strongest devils.
maybe they only can appear when the world is in absolute chaos and enough people are dead, to start the apocalypse.

and there they appearโ€ฆ Death, Pest, Hunger and War.
Death should be the most powerful imo. Even more than the primal devils.

How the other horsemen stack up to the primals, I am not sure. Makima was wounded heavily by the Darkness Devil. Tho at full power and proper setting it could be more intriguing.

Death is gonna be the ultimate terror that Fami spoke of, I believe, and the strongest, cuz imo it makes the most sense. I'd also wager that Death is gonna be Fami, Yoru and Makima's mother perhaps, cuz she would be more powerful and represent the first and biggest fear, and is gonna be like the mother of devils.

We were told iirc that devils appear on Earth when they die in Hell and are reincarnated. That's why the primals are so powerful, cuz they never experienced death

That's why I think Death might be killing them now so they appear on Earth.

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
โ€Ž
It's Lady Archiviste from Vanitas no Carte. Well that's her fanname lol. She's only been introduced in the most recent chapter, and had like 3 panels, no lines or anything. But people noted she looks like Noe.
Because they're from the same family.
Post automatically merged:

The chapter is very cool.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Death should be the most powerful imo. Even more than the primal devils.

How the other horsemen stack up to the primals, I am not sure. Makima was wounded heavily by the Darkness Devil. Tho at full power and proper setting it could be more intriguing.

Death is gonna be the ultimate terror that Fami spoke of, I believe, and the strongest, cuz imo it makes the most sense. I'd also wager that Death is gonna be Fami, Yoru and Makima's mother perhaps, cuz she would be more powerful and represent the first and biggest fear, and is gonna be like the mother of devils.

We were told iirc that devils appear on Earth when they die in Hell and are reincarnated. That's why the primals are so powerful, cuz they never experienced death

That's why I think Death might be killing them now so they appear on Earth.
Pain might the second strongest.

the stuff about the cat kinda pissed me off :kriwhat:
i always thought primal devils are just fears based on instinct so falling is in line with that explanation

but it was such a curveball even tho it makes so much sense

so i think fears that could become primal devils are fire devil, pain devil, predator/animal devil

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž

i always thought primal devils are just fears based on instinct so falling is in line with that explanation
Yeah that's what they ought to be.

so i think fears that could become primal devils are fire devil, pain devil, predator/animal devil
Those make sense I think.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I asked Chatgpt about primal fears and here is what it said

Someone else apparently asked the same thing and got this as an answer

1. Fear of Predators
2. Fear of Heights/Falling
3. Fear of Loud Noises
4. Fear of Darkness
5. Fear of Isolation
6. Fear of Pain

The second one makes sense and goes with the fact that we've already seen the Falling and Darkness devil in CSM. But it's missing the Death Devil which should imo deffo be there.

You think we might see some of these as well?
@The White Crane @Devilbat @NAMELESS @Tobra etc etc​

I actually quite like the psychological fears ensemble (I mean those, but CSM doesn't seem to follow the pattern - https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/brainsnacks/201203/the-only-5-fears-we-all-share)

As for my guesses, I'd never think of fear of falling, which is kinda ironic, since one of my most remembered nightmares from my childhood would be a dream about falling into nothingness, it was creepy because everything felt extremely real, I was lying in my bed, wearing the pyjamas, and the bed was slowly falling down in the darkness. Still gives me chills, tbh.

If I were to guess, I'd definitely expect Death Devil and Darkness Devils to be there, and additionally there could be a fear of deep waters/fear of drowning, fear of pain/mutilation for sure, fear of isolation/abandonment/being forgotten. Maybe there could also be fear of fire/thunderstorm.

Now I realized I don't remember the already introduced fears, do we have a list somewhere on the forum?