General & Others Chainsawman : General Discussion thread

Who are your favourite characters?

• Total voters

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
yo i'm on 44 and I did not expect that Reze bitch to bite off part of Denji's tongue lol.

Glad I pushed past the first 10 or so chapters.
Man, just proceed. The best part is yet to come:shocking:
Your thoughts about the art? I love how Fujimoto can draw gore not heavy, but dirty(the aesthetic becomes really cool with that).

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I was surprised to know that Power actually won the most popular character poll.
You don't like her? Who are your faves? Sorry if I missed it lmao. I think she's amazing. She used to be my top 1, with Makima top 2, but now they are co-top 1.

And yeah Powa won the first one, and Aki won the second one. Both times Makima was second.

You don't like her? Who are your faves? Sorry if I missed it lmao. I think she's amazing. She used to be my top 1, with Makima top 2, but now they are co-top 1.

And yeah Powa won the first one, and Aki won the second one. Both times Makima was second.
I like the main trio and Makima.

Makima is an obvious pick. Unrepentant, threatening, and a force to be reckoned with. Basically, she is everything Meme and Crydo are not. :getnappaed:

Aki is a subversion of the brooding vengeful emo ala Sasuke (who was endlessly boring). The chapter where he took Denji and Power to visit his family's grave but ended up not getting the chance to feel sad thanks to Power and Denji's antiques was a riot. I also like how Aki's journey does not follow convenient shounen tropes and proves that the author is ballsy as fuck. :ace:

Power is selfish and funny, but her relationship with Nyanko is wholesome and her dynamic with Aki and Denji is heartwarming. If something happens to Nyanko, I'm participating in Ragnarok to duel Anubis and get Nyanko back, btw. :queenmoji:

Denji, especially, since he does not aspire to greatness. Very often that shounen main chars aspire to be no. 1, but Denji is content with aspiring to have a normal life, and that's relatable as hell. Not all of us want to be the Pirate King and repeat it a trillion times. Some of us are content to have a cool job (and salary), a nice home, and a loving family, like Denji. His personal dream kinda reminds me of Zoro's. :pepelit:

OOT, but Denji and Zoro remind me of the MC of a recent manga, Kaiju no. 8, called Kafka (maybe you've read it) in the fact that their dreams are personal and not world-changing, but they have to move heaven and earth for their dreams. They are all flawed yet engaging. Naturally, K8 is a manga on the path to greatness. :myman:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I like the main trio and Makima.

Makima is an obvious pick. Unrepentant, threatening, and a force to be reckoned with. Basically, she is everything Meme and Crydo are not. :getnappaed:

Aki is a subversion of the brooding vengeful emo ala Sasuke (who was endlessly boring). The chapter where he took Denji and Power to visit his family's grave but ended up not getting the chance to feel sad thanks to Power and Denji's antiques was a riot. I also like how Aki's journey does not follow convenient shounen tropes and proves that the author is ballsy as fuck. :ace:

Power is selfish and funny, but her relationship with Nyanko is wholesome and her dynamic with Aki and Denji is heartwarming. If something happens to Nyanko, I'm participating in Ragnarok to duel Anubis and get Nyanko back, btw. :queenmoji:

Denji, especially, since he does not aspire to greatness. Very often that shounen main chars aspire to be no. 1, but Denji is content with aspiring to have a normal life, and that's relatable as hell. Not all of us want to be the Pirate King and repeat it a trillion times. Some of us are content to have a cool job (and salary), a nice home, and a loving family, like Denji. His personal dream kinda reminds me of Zoro's. :pepelit:

OOT, but Denji and Zoro remind me of the MC of a recent manga, Kaiju no. 8, called Kafka (maybe you've read it) in the fact that their dreams are personal and not world-changing, but they have to move heaven and earth for their dreams. They are all flawed yet engaging. Naturally, K8 is a manga on the path to greatness. :myman:
Nice list.

Kaiju no. 8, called Kafka (maybe you've read it
My man you got taste. I love Kaiju no 8. Imma add you to the tag list for the discussion thread.

It's here btw, you can check it out:
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/kaiju-no-8.7666/

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
My man. Go on. Told you it's dope.
Just finished reading it. Pretty solid manga, excited to see what part 2 is going to be about.

The first quarter so is pretty rough.
Man, just proceed. The best part is yet to come:shocking:
Your thoughts about the art? I love how Fujimoto can draw gore not heavy, but dirty(the aesthetic becomes really cool with that).
The art is great. So many panels weirded me out at first, but most of the double spreads are amazing.

This might be my favorite page:

Surprised the shit out of me when I first saw it lol.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Just finished reading it. Pretty solid manga, excited to see what part 2 is going to be about.

The first quarter so is pretty rough.

The art is great. So many panels weirded me out at first, but most of the double spreads are amazing.

This might be my favorite page:

Surprised the shit out of me when I first saw it lol.
Who are your faves now?

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Reze left a memorable impression on me, I thought Makima was a decent villain for the manga. Aki's deaht was very well done too.

Kobeni was a memorable character to me lol. Quanxi was pretty cool too, feel like she could have been the main villain of her own arc(a mini arc perhaps?)

I hated Denji at the beginning(the reason I dropped CSM was because i didn't like him,) but by the end I liked him more.

Kishibe too, wish he got more spotlight.