Episode Discussion Changes/Improvements You Want To See In The Anime

D

Deleted member 10278

With the anime confirmed to be making a comeback and with a trailer right around the corner (hopefully around March) what changes and or improvements would like you see done with this arc? Because this arc started out very strong but fell flat midway and was an absolute trainwreck towards the end. Recall that the first invasion was straight fire, can’t even say remotely the same for the rest. So what changes do you want to see and what changes do you think will actually take place?

Changes I would like to see:

More from Shinji/Vizards
Idk about you guys but that wasn’t Shinji we saw in the last arc. This guy was catching Ls so much that you could rename him Shanji and it would fit him pretty well. And it’s not like he was doing much either to begin with. This guy went from playing a pretty big role in the Arrancar Saga to being molly whopped continually throughout TYBW whether it was Bambietta or Gerard it didn’t matter. I mean Shinji didn’t go 5 panels without getting ramshackled by some Sternritter and Kubo didn’t bother to bring him back once he went to sleep lmao.

I guess that’s the consequence of having a cast as large as the TYBW arc, some are just gonna get the worst end of the stick. But I feel like Kubo could have done more with him instead of wasting several chapters on the Pepe and Giselle fights. The anime should have Shinji and the Vizards involved vs Gerard instead of going to sleep and watching Toshiro/Kenpachi hog all the action. I guess Shuhei could fall under here as well, Kubo was tryna go somewhere with him but ultimately never did.

Squad 0 Gotta Be On Screen

Perhaps one of the more disappointing if not the most disappointing things in the Final Arc. The Royal Guard never even came close to what they was hyped up to be. Kubo set a really high bar which only Ichibe can say he matched, man was the only dude who shined outta this group. Their only fight with the Schutzstaffel shouldn’t have been offscreened. Nimaiya in particular was hyped to be the creator of the zanpakto and had hella potential, but we didn’t get nearly enough.

More Aizen/Grimmjow

Everyone so hyped after 624 dropped but we didn’t know what was coming lmao. Grimmjow and Aizen basically did nothing until the very end and even then they were brought in for last minute clean up duty to contribute towards the fall of Askin and Yhwach (sort of). Aizen was in jail for first half then sat on a chair almost the entire the second half, he had some moments but man what a disappointment. Grimmjow was even worse off than Aizen, man didn’t even get a fight and got offpaneled by Askin.

They can’t have Aizen sitting on that damn chair for the entire arc in the anime and Grimmjow should have a bigger role in the Wahrwelt portion. I’d add Halibel here as well, should’ve had her do something in Hueco Mundo

Flashback for the Original Blood War

The very name of the arc is based on the war that occurred 1000 years ago yet we don’t get anything on that. That’s gotta change in the anime. This would also show us more of Unohana as well, another character that got sidelined pretty quickly into the arc. It doesn’t even have to be very long, just show us what went down with Prime Yama and Yhwach, Unohana, etc etc.

An Actual Final Battle

That was no final battle we got in the end. If what went down in the last 20 chapters ain’t fixed in the anime, I’ll consider it a failure. The final fight was an absolute trainwreck that ended up in us not seeing Ichigo’s true bankai and Yhwach being unstoppable to the point that a PIS arrow was all Kubo could muster to end things.

The anime has to show us Ichigo’s Bankai in extended action, atleast in the Final Round. Aizen’s Hado 99 gotta do more than just breaking the ground. I also don’t think SK Yhwach got his fair share, once he got really serious was when that damn plot arrow came. More Aizen, Ichigo and Yhwach, you get the point.

The Gerard fight also went to waste, the anime should have the protagonists find a way of beating him to make up for Kubo lazily having Yhwach dispose of him. Recall that 11 characters were up against Gerard and only 3 of those characters did anything noteworthy. You had 11 of these dudes, including Shinji and you couldn’t find a way to take out Gerard lmao. Hopefully the anime uses that as an opportunity to have those characters like the Vizards doing something instead of sleeping.

Longshot: Have Byakuya remain dead but we know that’s not happening

I could briefly mention a couple more;
More Soi Fon (Went MIA or got shot by Lille and never appeared again, Kubo really forgot about her lol. She would have been an ok addition to the Wahrwelt fight)

More Ryuken/Isshin (Flashback aside, Ryuken being a quincy and not having 2 pages worth of panel time in an arc that’s about Quincys speaks for itself. Isshin just made a cameo
, surely there should have been more with these dudes)

In the end we probably won’t get due justice on everything but if we get an actual final fight, a proper end, and more out of characters who deserve it then I think it’s gonna be solid all around.

@Blackbeard @LuthonTheDragDown @Jiihad @Jo_Ndule @RayanOO @PerfectHie @ZenZu @Van and the rest.
Damn a whole year and some change went by when I wrote this, time really flies.

Changes are confirmed since kubo is working with the director

> I want og gotei 13 flashback

>show us offscreened fight in the 1st invasion

> extended fights

> kira vs shaz domino and how he got revived by mayuri who merged his souls with the others shinigami from squad 3

> show us squad 0 vs schutzstafel even if they lose

So far the anime has met some exceptions in the OP. We got more from Shinji even if it was against fodder and his skirmish with Bazz B which ended in an L was completely scrapped. Still lost to Bambietta lol but didn’t go down without looking good. The Vizards don’t really matter as much at this point in the story, but I guess we’ll get more when they face Gerard.

Squad 0 was fleshed out as they deserved. Seeing even one of them going Bankai and clapping the elite guard with it was a W.

Aizen I think they’re preparing to really have him show out in part 3. Same goes for Grimmjow. I think they know well these two are fan favorites.

The final battle is going to fixed, just a matter of how different it is going to look.

When it comes to flashbacks, there hasn’t been a full blown one but I think it’s better that way since people aren’t there for that. The small flashbacks have been far better. Especially the one with Ichibe and Yhwach, really did well with adding to Yhwach’s character and his goal.