Anime & Manga Changes You Would Accept from Live Action

What changes in the One Piece story would you accept that you deem practical or helpful for the live action to be successful?

Note: Focusing only on East Blue since who knows if it'll even make it after that.

I'll start:
- Usopp can have a regular nose
- Sanji can have regular eyebrows
- Sanji can use his hands to fight but mainly uses legs
- Character's don't scream their attack names.
- More villain's actually die, kill Kuro and Arlong at least.

- Character's don't scream their attack names.
Agree with these 2.
- Sanji having a swirl has plot connections so it's important tho I think they should make it smaller and less noticeable than in the manga. I think that if done correctly, it can actually look somewhat cool.
- Nah, that's a huge part of his character. I actually want to see how they handle that and if it actually isn't working out and is looking odd then yeah, sure, change it.
- Doubt that they'll take the risk because they'll be thinking long term and no one knowing Oda, he might actually bring them in the story again. But I really doubt if the series will even reach anywhere near where the manga is now.

For me personally:
- Changing the type and extent of comedy to suit the live-action and not make it too silly.
- Although I do agree that comic moments are important, I want them to focus on the serious moments more personally while keeping some of the comedy too ofc.
- Zoro doesn't use 3-sword-style as frequently as in the manga and only does it to finish an opponent or for the final part of the fight.
- Dropping hints about the future story much earlier than they did in the manga, including the Will of D and the Void Century, etc. It'll make the viewers more interested in the future of the story.

C

Cuistot

Tone down on the silliness, don't have Luffy screaming he'll be the pirate king every two seconds.

W

Wonderful World

I'd still like for it to be sort of like the manga version, but not Pinocchio-size, and be somewhat reasonable.

Sanji can have regular eyebrows
Naw, the eyebrows are iconic and are one of the unique traits of the character. If they're going to tweak it, maybe tone down on the size a bit but still have it be noticeable and distinct.

Character's don't scream their attack names.
I'd be okay with this. Seeing real people screaming attack names would be a bit too silly, so this is acceptable.

More villain's actually die, kill Kuro and Arlong at least.
I'm half and half on this, and I'd at least like closure regarding what happens to the villains once the crew finishes with them.

What I would like:

• For each island they visit, I would like to see more emphasis on characters and their life and situation on the island. I would like some characters (Ussop pirates, for example) to be more fleshed out and play bigger roles in the current conflict. Perhaps introduce conflicts of their own to allow the viewer to understand the character(s) more.
  • More of a focus on the marine life in the East Blue. Introduce different types of fish that we haven't seen or provide explanations on why some sea creatures look the way they do. Whether their edible, etc.
  • Earlier lore, such as more emphasis on "D.," etc.
  • More about Roger's life in Loguetown.
  • More screen time for Chouchou.

S

stealthblack

Replace sanji's invisibility dream with sanji wanting to become the world's strongest martial artist. Have kizaru be the title holder

- Sanji having a swirl has plot connections so it's important tho I think they should make it smaller and less noticeable than in the manga. I think that if done correctly, it can actually look somewhat cool.
- Nah, that's a huge part of his character. I actually want to see how they handle that and if it actually isn't working out and is looking odd then yeah, sure, change it.
- Doubt that they'll take the risk because they'll be thinking long term and no one knowing Oda, he might actually bring them in the story again. But I really doubt if the series will even reach anywhere near where the manga is now.
I totally I agree with them making the eyebrows smaller, but if they can't figure out a way to make it look nice then I don't mind them taking it out and adding another hint to his lineage. Like instead of curved eyebrows he can have a curved birthmark somewhere. Like find a way to foreshadow his past without making it look ugly.

For me personally:
- Changing the type and extent of comedy to suit the live-action and not make it too silly.
- Although I do agree that comic moments are important, I want them to focus on the serious moments more personally while keeping some of the comedy too ofc.
- Zoro doesn't use 3-sword-style as frequently as in the manga and only does it to finish an opponent or for the final part of the fight.
- Dropping hints about the future story much earlier than they did in the manga, including the Will of D and the Void Century, etc. It'll make the viewers more interested in the future of the story.
Agree with all of these!