Future Events Chapter 1000 prediction thread

I'll keep it short:

Act 3 will end with a massive desaster for the alliance at chapter 998 or 999.

Chapter 1000 will be one of those amazing "in-between-the-acts" chapters, that reveals something major about the world.

I could totally see Oda finally dropping a huge bomb by revealing what has happened to the former Shichibukai (Hancock & Co.) as well as Sabo & the revolutionaries and the kingdom of Alabasta (and Vivi).

Maybe he'll even cap it off by finally revealing/confirming Imu as the final villain at the end of the chapter.
Very good scenario. Act 3 might end with Kinemon's death.

Act 3 ends with the supposed annihilation of the scabbards, 996 - 998. Luffy's about to reach the top with Marco's help.

999 - All of the shichibukai were defeated and are being transported to Impel Down except for Mihawk who escaped thanks to Shanks.

1000 - Sabo & Vivi are blamed for Cobras death, Sabo is also in Impel Down, the WG plan to execute both of them to make an example. Bartolomeo contacts the rest of the Strawhat Grand Fleet which is now 10 000 strong with 10 divisions, they plan on sinking Impel Down only after freeing that man "Sabo".

Something to do with Dragon or a Vegapunk reveal. I would love to see a God Valley + Vegapunk reveal. If Vegapunk isn’t revealed during the Wano arc, I’ll be massively disappointed. 14 years! Why am I still here? Just to suffer?

I'll keep it short:

Chapter 1000 will be one of those amazing "in-between-the-acts" chapters, that reveals something major about the world.

I could totally see Oda finally dropping a huge bomb by revealing what has happened to the former Shichibukai (Hancock & Co.) as well as Sabo & the revolutionaries and the kingdom of Alabasta (and Vivi).

Maybe he'll even cap it off by finally revealing/confirming Imu as the final villain at the end of the chapter.
This is easily the best prediction here.

I would love for this to happen.

I don't think it will be something outside of Wano itself but something big that is important for the world building in one piece world,
Or perhaps something related to Raftel
Or a very unexpected character joining the Wano drama :kayneshrug:
Or maybe Kaido announcing some kind of surprising fact related to the ponigliffs and the void century or something of that sort

I don't wanna exaggerate or overhype it, but Chapter 1000 is a historical milestone turn for the manga industry of a popular work, so Oda most likely preparing something for it

G

Gorosei Informer

I'll keep it short:

This is exactly what I'm hoping for. I just hope FINALLY we see Vegapunk already! Oda was teasing us with the SSG reveal and especially Orochi wanting Vegapunk's presence too.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for. I just hope FINALLY we see Vegapunk already! Oda was teasing us with the SSG reveal and especially Orochi wanting Vegapunk's presence too.
I just hope Oda doesn't read our posts about the alliance failing for the sake of surprising us. He did state that he would change the ending if someone were able to guess it correctly.

Subverting expectations does not equal to a great story.

G

Gorosei Informer

I just hope Oda doesn't read our posts about the alliance failing for the sake of surprising us. He did state that he would change the ending if someone were able to guess it correctly.

Subverting expectations does not equal to a great story.
I sincerely doubt he will see/has seen our posts but there is the likelihood word could get to him somehow from Japanese fans contacting him or something? I have heard about him supposedly changing the story if he sees people are guessing what he's going to do and I've felt parts of post TS may have been rewritten/changed with some last minute changes as a result.
If he was planning to have the alliance fail, hopefully he hasn't changed it for one reason or another.

We've yet to see Kaido go all out, including hybrid and awakening (assuming he is a Zoan ofc, although he must be) and we had that Bad End Musical after BM recovered and was seemingly going all out (although we didn't see her awakening either as far as we know).

Oda has been proven difficult to predict in the past and I'm really hoping he can surprise us. Maybe the alliance won't fail but something drastic will happen to interrupt the chaos going on right now.
Another potential major force showing up like the Marines or even Blackbeard and his crew. Maybe we will finally see Vegapunk show up at Wano instead with the SSG being revealed.
Something significant enough to conveniently interrupt the war , maybe something Rocks related somehow.

If Oda goes against our expectations of the alliance failing for now, it's gonna feel more like Fairy Tail to me tbh. I am worried for the sake of rushing the story and trying to get it over asap/"in time", will lead to the Yonkos being taken down too quickly and easily. I wouldn't mind as much if they genuinely outsmarted them, I mean with the likes of Law, Jinbei, Nami, Robin etc there, surely they could come up with a plan to ruin the new Yonko alliance and make the Yonkos turn on each other?
This would be a great throwback to how Robin mentioned pirate alliances tend to end in betrayals and was against allying with Law. Also with how Apoo betrayed the Kid alliance as a spy of Kaido.
It would be a very "pirate-like" maneuver to take down the Yonkos like that imo, something that Roger would do imo too. Using your cunning to great effect.

There's no way Luffy should be ready to take on Kaido yet, he can barely solo commanders right now. What's to stop Kaido one-shotting him again? I'm thinking for chapter 1000/post 1000 we're gonna get some kind of convenient other major party come in that helps to take down the Yonkos for their own independent reasons.
I genuinely cannot fathom that we haven't had the Marines show up yet, especially with 2 Yonkos allied now and those Yonkos trrying to reform the most dangerous pirate crew to ever exist.

Oda has had major reveals at chapters like 100, 200, 500 etc so something BIG is coming for sure. I don't think the One Piece being revealed would be it but I would love that, that probably won't happen till the final chapter. We're still yet to see Vegapunk, Imu, Green Bull, the rest of the Rocks pirates, Shiki in the present time, what happened to Toki's fruit etc. Oda is probably hiding more stuff to reveal we don't even know about yet like he did with Imu andthe Rocks pirates and Xebec after all too.

Apologies for the essay but I'm being cautiously optimistic for what Oda has planned for 1000, especially given those trends I mentioned:
900 was the Bad End Musical and thinking about it, it was only 100 chapters prior to 1000 so I doubt Oda is gonna repeat that now actually, but I don't want to see the alliance winning vs Kaido and BM so soon either.
There has to be a major interruption to all of this or the alliance fails anyway, I'm not sure what else should happen.