Votes: 3 25.0%
  • For the most part😁

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Just a bit 🙂

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not at all 😔

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

I saw someone mention that given Robin is in her demon form here, this cover page could potentially be foreshadowing the SH’s PUs and I thought that was interesting so I’m gonna take a shot at it 😝

Luffy, Sanji and Zoro are the only three left with fights this arc so I'm only gonna be speculating only on them

Luffy:
This cover page I feel makes it pretty clear who the reincarnation of Nika ‘the Sun god’ is. Ken doesn’t have flaming hair 😂 so this is a very obvious reference to Nika. It’s interesting though that Luffy has flaming fists but I can’t imagine that Luffy would have a flaming form. Luffy can create fire via certain techniques so more likely than not it’s a reference to a technique. It also seems like Luffy is doing a Shoryuken here which is a signature special attack from Ken (with a flaming fist) so my guess will be that Luffy defeats Kaido with a flame technique. Sumin akin to Red Hawk & Red Roc. That said, Ken’s Shoryuken technique only has the attacking fist flaming so Luffy having both fists flaming is interesting 🤔 so maybe a twin pistol or a gattling type flame attack? We’ve seen Red Hawk which is a gear 2nd technique, Red Roc a gear 3rd technique so reckon we’d get a ‘Red xxx’ a Gear 4th technique ^^.

*Lastly, it kinda makes sense that Luffy uses a flame attack to defeat Kaido coz of Ace & his connection to Wano. Ace intended on coming back to Wano to defeat Kaido but has died unfortunately so is unable to do it but his little brother that has inherited his will has come to do it for him ^^.

Sanji:
Sanji seems to be an Inkling from Splatoon and with him having unlocked his exoskeleton in Chapter 1028, it kinda makes sense why Oda made him an inkling in this cover page. Inklings seemingly have no bones and respawn after being splattered. It isn't exactly like for like but this characteristic is very similar to him getting crushed this chapter and then regenerating almost instantly. Also Inklings seem to be known for their attack speed and combos which is very Sanji-like. That said, what I found the most interesting about them is that they can switch between both their humanoid and squid forms ^^ and this attribute I think can be used to counter a major negative of the exoskeleton which it is that you can't undo it, once it is awakened. Some pretty obvious problems this presents are:
  • Sanji is proud to be human and really dislikes the fact that he is becoming a monster. This PU is basically being forced upon him against his will and making him what he doesn't want to be.
  • Sanji no longer has any control over whether he can hurt women. For instance, if Sanji awakened his exoskeleton prior to meeting Maria, he won't have been able to chose not to hurt her and her fist would have shattered as soon as it made contact with his face. This is a big no no with regards to what Sanji's character stands for and his chivalry is probably the most characteristic ting about him.
So I'm thinking unlike his other siblings, Sanji will have the ability to switch in and out from his human form & his monstrous vinsmoke form

Zoro:
Zoro is Link from the legend of Zelda. A skilled swordsman in possession of something called the "Master sword".

Apparently:
"The Sword is often seen to choose or accept its master by its own will, always a hero who has gone through great trials that test his courage, wisdom and power to prove him worthy of wielding it. This may be the conscious choice of the sword's spirit, Fi, who sleeps eternally within the sword and only assists her heroic master"

This characteristic is pretty similar to Enma and how it chose Zoro as it's master.
Also apparently at some point during the series this sword transforms into a "True Master Sword" so might be a reference to Zoro transforming Enma into a black blade this arc.

With that said I'm done~! Pretty short but hope y'all enjoyed the read ^^

Luffy can create fire via certain techniques so more likely than not it’s a reference to a technique.
Overall a great thread but I want to add something to Luffy powerup.

A fire form for Luffy was always hint by Oda since chapter 821. I can see that his fire power is based more to a form rather to a attack. I can see a new form based on adv CoC where Luffy created a fire form to fight Kaido. Like a new G4 Tigerman or Lionmen which only works in combo off adv CoC.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I think Luffy is most likely Sun God Nika just because Nika was portrayed as a peace bestower, a liberator from the slavery as more generically and a main deal. These attributes all seem to fit Luffy the most by miles.

Overall a great thread but I want to add something to Luffy powerup.

A fire form for Luffy was always hint by Oda since chapter 821. I can see that his fire power is based more to a form rather to a attack. I can see a new form based on adv CoC where Luffy created a fire form to fight Kaido. Like a new G4 Tigerman or Lionmen which only works in combo off adv CoC.
Hmmn...I'm not so sure about Luffy having a flame form. From what we know so far Luffy's ability to create flames is limited to certain techniques (i.e Red Hawk and Red Rock). So in order for Luffy to use fire, he'd need to constantly ignite flames with sumin like Red Hawk for instance, which just feels very inefficient to me. Also not sure what chapter the cover page above is from, but it seems to be a foreshadowing of Gear 4th Boundman and we know now, that those flame looking tings around Luffy is the "air"? that is always cloaked around his G4 form.

Luffy will 100% Unlock Fire Powers

Zoro will 100% forge Black Sword (This Arc)

Sanji will 100% have Multiple Forms (The Idea of Inkling & Splatoon is Colors, i believe Sanji New Fighting Style is Switching between Multiple Modes ---> Stealth Form (Raid Suit) - Tank Form (Exoskeleton) - Attack Mode (Hell Memories) ... etc and i believe they are based on Emotions which is what defines him & what his Mother Sora gave him & it makes what he said to Queen about his Powers correct)

As for Franky, the reason he is Wearing Donkey Kong Costume is because of Vegapunk !! His Upgrade & Power-Ups are related to Vegapunk's Blueprints & this Scientist looks like a Monkey or is actually a Monkey (I'm 90% confident in this)

Can someone tell me which Character does Brook represents?

What i find interesting is Jinbe representing Mario and his Signature Power is the Mushrooms he eats to get Stronger, does this mean Jinbe is gonna eat a Devil Fruit? Tbh as someone who reached his Prime, Oda might decide to make him a much Stronger Top Tier for EOS by giving him a DF, the problem is that it would remove his Ability to Swim which doesn't make sense, but who knows, maybe he will rely on those Bubbly Corals to Swim & Fight underwater

As for Chopper, i have no idea for now

Last edited:
so let's think together:

Go D. Usopp has the number 800 in his eyes. Chapter 800 was the formation of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet.

Does that mean that he will be the one commanding the fleet at a big war?

Nami: cat costume. A cat / mink power-up or just a cat burglar reference?

Chopper: an octorok ? Tako power-up? Kraken reference?

Brook: looks like the special move he used when he went solo against big mom

Zoro: is he right handed? We know that Link is left handed. A tontatta reference?

And the numbers 19 and 38?

Chapter 19's title is Devil Fruit

Chapter 38's name is pirate crew

Maybe those are hints

Last edited:
Gonna bump this! :p

I saw someone mention that given Robin is in her demon form here, this cover page could potentially be foreshadowing the SH’s PUs and I thought that was interesting so I’m gonna take a shot at it 😝

Luffy, Sanji and Zoro are the only three left with fights this arc so I'm only gonna be speculating only on them

Luffy:
This cover page I feel makes it pretty clear who the reincarnation of Nika ‘the Sun god’ is. Ken doesn’t have flaming hair 😂 so this is a very obvious reference to Nika. It’s interesting though that Luffy has flaming fists but I can’t imagine that Luffy would have a flaming form. Luffy can create fire via certain techniques so more likely than not it’s a reference to a technique. It also seems like Luffy is doing a Shoryuken here which is a signature special attack from Ken (with a flaming fist) so my guess will be that Luffy defeats Kaido with a flame technique. Sumin akin to Red Hawk & Red Roc. That said, Ken’s Shoryuken technique only has the attacking fist flaming so Luffy having both fists flaming is interesting 🤔 so maybe a twin pistol or a gattling type flame attack? We’ve seen Red Hawk which is a gear 2nd technique, Red Roc a gear 3rd technique so reckon we’d get a ‘Red xxx’ a Gear 4th technique ^^.

*Lastly, it kinda makes sense that Luffy uses a flame attack to defeat Kaido coz of Ace & his connection to Wano. Ace intended on coming back to Wano to defeat Kaido but has died unfortunately so is unable to do it but his little brother that has inherited his will has come to do it for him ^^.

Sanji:
Sanji seems to be an Inkling from Splatoon and with him having unlocked his exoskeleton in Chapter 1028, it kinda makes sense why Oda made him an inkling in this cover page. Inklings seemingly have no bones and respawn after being splattered. It isn't exactly like for like but this characteristic is very similar to him getting crushed this chapter and then regenerating almost instantly. Also Inklings seem to be known for their attack speed and combos which is very Sanji-like. That said, what I found the most interesting about them is that they can switch between both their humanoid and squid forms ^^ and this attribute I think can be used to counter a major negative of the exoskeleton which it is that you can't undo it, once it is awakened. Some pretty obvious problems this presents are:
  • Sanji is proud to be human and really dislikes the fact that he is becoming a monster. This PU is basically being forced upon him against his will and making him what he doesn't want to be.
  • Sanji no longer has any control over whether he can hurt women. For instance, if Sanji awakened his exoskeleton prior to meeting Maria, he won't have been able to chose not to hurt her and her fist would have shattered as soon as it made contact with his face. This is a big no no with regards to what Sanji's character stands for and his chivalry is probably the most characteristic ting about him.
So I'm thinking unlike his other siblings, Sanji will have the ability to switch in and out from his human form & his monstrous vinsmoke form

Zoro:
Zoro is Link from the legend of Zelda. A skilled swordsman in possession of something called the "Master sword".

Apparently:
"The Sword is often seen to choose or accept its master by its own will, always a hero who has gone through great trials that test his courage, wisdom and power to prove him worthy of wielding it. This may be the conscious choice of the sword's spirit, Fi, who sleeps eternally within the sword and only assists her heroic master"

This characteristic is pretty similar to Enma and how it chose Zoro as it's master.
Also apparently at some point during the series this sword transforms into a "True Master Sword" so might be a reference to Zoro transforming Enma into a black blade this arc.

With that said I'm done~! Pretty short but hope y'all enjoyed the read ^^
With the current chapter 1044, it's looking very much like this cover page was indeed hinting at PUs for the M3 this arc.
- Luffy is pretty much confirmed ^^. Still remains to be seen what exactly those flaming fists mean but with his current power up (G5), it'd be interesting to see exactly how that comes about.
- Sanji's is very likely. Currently his eyebrows have returned back to normal and it's very unlikely that he's lost his PU, so more likely than not Sanji is able to switch btw his human and superhuman forms ^^
- With regards to Zoro, in a sense you could argue that this parallel has already been accomplished with Enma's trial for Zoro in his fight against King but like I stated in my initial post, I still believe this is hinting at Zoro acquiring a black blade this arc.